[Light and Night Event] QiXi with Osborn + Message || 光与夜之恋 活动03 与萧逸共渡・遥夕灯会

8/12/2021 03:17:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


As night falls, the lights of the fun fair lit up one by one, connecting into another bright galaxy. The warm yellow light halo gently sways above us, and they seemed to be putting on a thin veil over the surroundings. Osborn, who's walking by my side too, looks particularly gentle at this moment.


The lantern festival is crowded. With a sudden crowd coming over, my hand falls into the shackles of a large palm.



Osborn: Let's not get separated, you directionally-challenged dummy. 


You (pouting): I won't be lost in a lantern festival!


Osborn poked on my puffy cheeks, and took the opportunity to stuff a piece of candy that he bought earlier into my mouth. The sweet taste ripples within my mouth, melting into the unique flavor of fireworks that only belongs to Qixi.


Osborn: Sure, since you're so familiar, then I'll follow you.


You: Leave it to me! A surprise is guaranteed for you!


Remembering the present I've hid in my bag, I tugged him and walked quickly towards a corner with less people.



Turning over the street's corner, leaving the fun fair's noises, now there's only the sounds of rustling, fluttering leaves surrounding us.


Osborn: Why not continue shopping?


You: Close your eyes, and give me your hand.


Osborn obediently closed his eyes, but he had no intentions to let go of my hand that he's tightly holding onto, only reaching out another arm.


I can only laboriously take out the fragrance pouch with a single hand, and placed it into his palm.


Despite my very light movements, Osborn still noticed it immediately, and agilely closed up his palm, even catching my hand along.


He opened his eyes and looked at me, with full of smiles in his gaze.



Osborn: Caught you.


You (pouting): ... I didn't let you to catch me, I was giving you a gift!


Osborn: I know, but I still wanted to catch you.


You: So it means you don't want the present?


Osborn: I didn't say that. I just thought you're going to make yourself as a gift for me.


You: That's too old-fashioned, if it's QiXi, it's still better to gift something more appropriate for the occasion.


Osborn: Then I will need to have a good look on what kind of surprise gift it is.


He let go of my hand, and a small fragrance pouch appeared before us. A delicate pattern is embroidered onto the satin.


Osborn: Fragrance pouch? It's pretty matching for the occasion indeed. Did you make it?


You: Of course, it's still very easy to make a small fragrance pouch. If it isn't handmade, I wouldn't dare to gift it to my pro racer Osborn too~



Osborn: Don't worry, no matter what you gift me, I'll like them. But... Where should I hang it?


Osborn look the pouch and circled around his body, but he didn't know where to begin. A rarely-seen clumsiness from him amused me so much that I can't hold my laughter back anymore.


Osborn: Is it that funny...? Forget it, I have no idea, help me to pick a spot instead.


You: Hmm... Let me see...


I measured him up from top to bottom, and finally hung the fragrance pouch onto his waist along with the original accessories that he has on him. Among the dazzling lights of the metals, the satin exudes a soft light, seeming a little mismatched.



You: Hm, it feels quite different from your vibes. Maybe I can change a material next time, it should be more suitable. How about hanging the pouch in your car instead? Since there aren't much decoration in your car too.


I reached out an arm wanting to untie the pouch as I speak. I didn't expect Osborn to suddenly pull my hand and stopped my movements.


Osborn: Who said it isn't suitable? I think it's pretty good. Let's hang it here. Wait till the time you gift me the next fragrance pouch, and only then I'll take it down.



You: Okay... Understood.


His warmth passes through from his palm, and it seems to be hotter than this mid-summer season. As for the pouch hanging on his waist, it too magically melts into Osborn's aura, as if it has found the place it originally belonged to.



"It seems like I still lack some accessories on me, and a fragrance pouch isn't quite enough, so I'll wait for your next gift." - Xiao Yi



Meanwhile, check out other translations for Light and Night here!




Light and Night QiXi Event Translations


Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.