Main Story Ch. 4-05 - A Miraculous Journey (爱德华之旅) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

8/04/2021 02:21:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Previously on 4-03... (Read it here)


[As MC travels down the memory lane...]


Will we meet again just like how Granny Zheng have said?





Bringing the memo book back to Warson, I circled all the key points of shoemaking, and made adjustments to my design draft according to them.


You: It's a pity that I can't find the shoes granny made, otherwise I could at least disassemble it.



Manman: Y/N, I wanted to go to the display room to find some shoes for reference, do you want to go together?


Right, even if I can't disassemble one, even closely examining an actual item would be a good idea.


You: Sure.




Bringing a memo book and camera, we headed towards the 36th floor. Ever since I've entered Warson, besides the day I saw the display room from afar, I've never had a chance to have contact with it.


Manman: Then I'll go to the one in front, let's go back together later.



Pushing the door open, the glass cabinet contains various branded classical creations, tops, dresses, footwear...  each and every item are categorized and arranged well.


You: Isn't that the one and only limited pair of feathered heels in the world?! The crystal shoes from Promise's show! Also the collection from this spring-summer's Mirror series this year!


I looked at these designs that I've only seen on magazines and the internet with full of excitement, pulling out my camera and memo and started to take pictures and memo all around.


Just then, a click sound is heard, and a stranger girl came here too. She widened her eyes as soon as she saw me, but very quickly turned back into a cold expression, raising her chin as she walks in. I thought she wanted to look at the displayed items, so I gave my way, who knows she's actually been staring into the memo book in my hand.



??: Did you drew this?


You: Yes.


??: I am Jiang Lai, designer from group B.


You: Hello, I am Y/N.


Jiang Lai: I know, you are the 2nd place from Warson Prize, and Gao Cheng is the 3rd place. The champion was the Wu whatever....


You: She's Wu Yue.


I didn't know why she mentioned Warson Prize all of a sudden, but still corrected her as I frowned.


Jiang Lai: Right, I heard that her personal brand development wasn't very smooth. But this is very normal. Since this year's Warson Prize's participants' levels are not so good anyways.


You: ?!



Jiang Lai: I've seen your works during the finals, what Wu Yue and Gao Cheng made has completely no novelty, and that black lac top hat is even more ridiculous, there's not a single bit of designing sense at all.  If I didn't miss the registration, I will definitely be the champion for the Warson Prize.


[Choice]



Light: Ask for her intentions

Night: Refute



[Light Choice: Ask for her intentions]


You: What do you actually want to say?


Jiang Lai: Dare enough to compete with me? Let's not compete other things, just the black lace top hat. I can definitely beat you, do you believe it or not?


She looked at me with full of pride, putting on an impeccable smile.


You: I can compete with you, but what are the rules of competition, and who'd be the judge?



Jiang Lai stunned, and is suddenly at loss of words. 


You: ... You can't be actually not been thinking it through and come here to talk all of these with me, right?


Jiang Lai: Who said said that I didn't think it through? I've already thought of it! We'll ask Vice Director Mya and Director Qi as the judge!


You: Then I'm sorry, my final results on the competition was decided by them, so it means they've already acknowledged my level in designing. Looks like we don't have to compete anymore, but if you're still not convinced, then by all means please look for Director Qi to comment on it.


Jiang Lai's expressions turned really ugly in an instant. She stomped angrily, as if she's almost going to cry.



[Night Choice: Refute]


You: Have you heard of something?


Jiang Lai: What?


You: People who're always saying 'if' are usually the ones that will never succeed.



Jiang Lai: ... You!


Jiang Lai angrily widened her eyes, and being unwilling to lose, I too, glared back at her. Until my eyes started to feel a little sore, she's finally moved her gaze away, blinked hard, and lightly scoffed.


Jiang Lai: Hmph, I think you're only all talks, if you have the capability then compete with me. Let's not compete other things, just the black lace top hat. I can definitely beat you, do you believe it or not?


You: I won't compete with you.


Jiang Lai: I knew it, you don't dare to--


You: It's not that I don't dare, it's because there's no need to. If I won, you'll only find me winning by sheer luck because I've worked on this before. On the contrary, if I lost, you'll only be clamor even more. Regardless whether I win or not, there's nothing good for me. Also, the results of my competition is decided by the judges, so it means they've acknowledged my level in designing. If you're still not convinced, then by all means please look for Director Qi to comment on it.


Jiang Lai's expressions turned really ugly in an instant. She stomped angrily, as if she's almost going to cry.



You: If you really wanted to compete with me, then make good preparations for the shoe design competition this round.


Until I've pushed the doors open and left after I've done collecting my materials, Jiang Lai has never spoke again.



As soon as I closed the door, I let out a sigh in relief.


You: It's the scariest to deal with these kind of people... Thankfully there aren't anyone else here, to boast like that is rather embarrassing.


??: Well I'm sorry, I've heard it all.


You: !


I immediately turned over, and saw Sariel holding his arms as he leaned towards the wall, staring at me with the pair of golden eyes.


You: Director Qi! Why are you here?



Sariel: It's the design center, what do you say?


His has a "what kind of stupid question did you just ask" expression written all over his face.


You: ..... Then you probably didn't hear much, right?


Sariel: Not much.


You: Lucky, that's good.



Sariel: I've only heard you saying that I've acknowledged your level of designing.


You (flustered): ...!



Sariel: I really didn't know, when did I say such things? Care to give me a hint?


You: Uh, actually what I meant was... Director has a unique insight, could see a big picture from a meticulous detail, and have a good foresight!



Sariel: ... How baffling.


You: I'm sorry, I was overexaggerating earlier, but I just wanted to quickly let Jiang Lai give up her thoughts on competing.


I wanted to explain a little more, but noticed that Sariel is staring at the design draft in my memo book.


Sariel: Is this the design draft that you drew?


You: No no no, this doesn't count, this is just something I randomly drew!


I quickly hid the memo book behind me, and shook my head vigorously with a guilty conscience.


You: I don't have any shoemaking experience, but I will learn hard...


Sariel frowned a little, but the speechlessness from his gaze has seemed to dispersed a little.



Sariel: Why didn't I see that you wanted to learn? Or was it that, you've forgotten about the announcement of mentor earlier in the morning?


You: ... Do you mean, I can consult you directly?


I lowered my voice, and carefully observed Sariel's expressions.



Sariel: Every day from 12-2pm, I'll be in my office if nothing unexpected happens.


I quickly nodded, so worried that he'll regret it in his next sentence.


You: Thank you Director Qi, I will try my best to learn shoemaking!


Sariel scoffed lightly, turned around and walked away.


Sariel: It's not that I wanted to teach you, it's just because Warson's system can't be changed.




Read the next part Here!




Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.