Main Story Ch. 5-23 - His Boundaries (他的边界线) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

8/27/2021 11:43:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

 


Previously on Chapter 5-20... (Read here)


Sariel: Alright, don't panic. Come to the backstage of the show venue now.


You: Okay... Okay...


Sariel: There's still half an hour left, move quickly, understand?


Sariel's words are just like a dose of sobering medication, allowing my confused mind to finally calm down.


You: Understood! I'll make it on time!


Sariel: Are you alright by yourself?


You: I'll be fine! Don't worry, director!






As the city lights began to brighten, the entire city is veiled with a rich palette. 




You: Di- Director! I'm here!



Sariel: First take a look at your works, then come back after you're done looking.


You: ......! Okay!



Opening the side curtain, my work is now on the runway. My gaze can't help but to follow the light and quick steps of the model. I saw the silver beadings on the fabric sparkling under the spotlight, and the soft, gentle light halo rippling out from the diamond chain surrounding the model's ankle. I also saw the slightly praising smiles from the audience...


Until I've returned to the backstage, I'm still feeling I'm on cloud nine.



Sariel: Smiling like that just from some tiny results.


You: ......


Placing down the needle and thread in his hand, Sariel measured me up with a glance, then his gaze stopped on my hand.



Sariel: Spirit Ring? Why is it on your hand?


You: ... Do you mean the one on my hand?


Sariel: That's right.


You: But I saw a safety box in the banquet earlier, there are so many bodyguards around it. It's said that what's inside is the Spirit Ring.


Sariel: That's a fake. The real one should've been sent over by Zhou Yan.


I'm even more confused now. Why did Evan let me wear it, and not allowing me to take it off?


You: This is something President Lu has entrusted to me.



Sariel: You're saying... Evan?


Sariel's pupils moved slightly, and it seems like he found this unbelievable.


You: I'll take it off right now!


No matter the reason, it shouldn't be on my hand. But no matter what method I've used, it is stuck on my finger firmly, as if it's glued to it.


You: But it was very normal when it was being put on.


Sariel: What are you dilly-dallying about?


You: We probably have a situation...



Sariel: Just tell me directly, I'm already used to your troublemaking.


I nervously showed him my hand, and dare not to look into Sariel's face.


You: I can't take it off...


The air froze for a few seconds. I heard Sariel taking a deep breath, as if he's trying his best to suppress his anger.


You: I'll try other methods--



Sariel: We're out of time. Change into this dress.


He pointed towards the finale dress placed on the side, it was said to let the model to wear the dress with the ring to display them on the runway.


You: Are you kidding me?! I'm not even as tall as the dress.



Sariel: If you wanted to go on the runway wearing a potato sack, I wouldn't have any opinions at all.


You: I'll get changed right now!


After 10 minutes--


Sariel: Done changing?


You: Director, I suddenly think potato sacks could work too...


Sariel: One minute left.


You: Oh...


Just as expected, as soon as Sariel saw me, a disheartened, empty look is written all over his face.


I deeply understand his disappointment, this dress on me isn't just looking like a potato sack, it looks exactly like Aladdin's long carpet.


You: Director, you probably look too highly of me, I'll try to take the ring off again!


But Sariel immediately picked up the tailoring scissors and walked towards me.



You: What are you going to do?!


Sariel: Alteration. 


You: ... But isn't this a completed dress?


Sariel: Don't move from now on, I cannot guarantee you not getting stabbed by the needles.



I immediately tensed my body, not even dare to breathe.


The originally delicate and perfect dress are tailored properly at its every inch, yet Sariel didn't seemed to mind it. Raising the pair of scissors in his hand, he quickly shortened the long dress without second thoughts.


Situations like this are disasters to any designer. Because of me, he has no choice but to do this.


You: Director, I'm sorry.


Sariel: If you know you're causing trouble, then cooperate properly. Straighten your back.


Unknowingly, Sariel has already completed the alteration on the lower half of the dress.



He stood behind me, with his fingertips linger up across the thin dress, with his fine breath spreading over my neck and back. A strange feeling instinctively appeared from my skin, and my body tensed up even further.


After sewing the last hidden button, the altering of the dress is finally complete.


I looked at myself in the mirror, and immediately turned speechless. I've tried to search for the vocabularies in my mind, and I can only stop at the word "astonished".


A dress indeed possess such a power. It can allow any ordinary girl to become dazzling, and this dazzle is hidden in everyone's hearts. I can't help myself but to look at the creator of this miracle.


You: I've never thought that wearing this dress will make me look so--



Sariel: Good-looking.


You (flustered): ......!


Sariel: Didn't you want to say that? I have eyes, so I can see it too.


You: Thank you... You've made great changes to the dress just for it to fit my body shape, I'm sorry.



Sariel: Not at all, this is the best look of the dress right now. 



Sariel: Remember this, never waste your time and imagination on things that are already lost.


You: Okay! I will work hard and walk on the runway properly!


Despite being really anxious and nervous, I promise to not embarrass you.


I looked at Sariel, and put on an anticipating expression.


Sariel: This expression of yours, what kind of crooked thoughts are you having again?



You (pouting): Can't you see it? I'm waiting for your encouragement, it's my first time on a runway, so I'm really nervous.



Sariel: Impossible. How is your nervousness related to me? Don't expect me to say such pointless silly words.


He didn't bother to care about me anymore, and sat over the side on his own as he started fiddling the messy magazines.


There's not much time left to go on the runway, I swot up on my catwalk at the very last minute.


You: I must perform well, and not embarrass people!



The side curtains are lifted up slightly, and when the next song begins, I will have to go up on the runway.


I wot so nervous that I didn't even notice Sariel have already stood by my side.



Sariel: Don't walk too quickly, press your heels when you turn, and don't look around.


He gently held onto my trembling shoulders.



Sariel: Didn't you want to soar early as a clumsy bird? Then soar for me.


In the enthusiastic claps from the crowd, I stepped onto this dazzling journey.


The time seemed to have pulled me back to the live scene on the finals back then that have decided my fate. Back then, I did not expect myself to be able to step on such a stage, with my own works receiving recognition and praise.


But isn't life just like this? It always take you so long to look back, and be thankful to your past self to look at the certain decision you have made.


At that moment, I seemed to be able to see the girl who have resolutely returned to this country to participate the competition. She's smiling to me. I held onto her hand, and let out my most confident smile, and walked towards the enter of the dazzling stage.


The beautiful journey is always too short, and right now, I'm already standing in the front of the runway.


Stepping down from the stage, the arc path leads to the two side curtains to the left and right, and I saw his figure in the turbulent crowd.



Chapter 5-24 LIGHT END can be read here!

NIGHT END to be updated!






Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.