Main Story Ch. 5-24 (LIGHT END) - His Boundaries (他的边界线) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

8/27/2021 03:55:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Disclaimer: Sariel looks too good when he smiles please don't mind me posting so much of screenshot of him >m<


Previously on Chapter 5-23... (Read here)


Sariel: Didn't you want to soar early as a clumsy bird? Then soar for me.


In the enthusiastic claps from the crowd, I stepped onto this dazzling journey.

.

.

.

The beautiful journey is always too short, and right now, I'm already standing in the front of the runway.


Stepping down from the stage, the arc path leads to the two side curtains to the left and right, and I saw his figure in the turbulent crowd.




I walked forward in large steps, towards Sariel--


He's always looking that prideful yet lonely, as if the bustles and liveliness are completely unrelated to him.


Yet right now, this prideful man is leaning against the side curtain, looking at me with his arms crossed.


You: Director, I perform pretty well just now, right?


Sariel surprisingly didn't refute, and put on a very faint smile over his face.



Sariel: You barely didn't disappoint me.


You: Thank you, then I'll get changed first.


Sariel: It hasn't end yet, what's the rush?




I have yet to understand what he said, but he has already held onto my wrist. With only a light tug, I'm already dragged in front of him.


As I raise my head to look at Sariel, I uncontrollably dazed off in a trance.


The first time I met him was also at a show, and impatience was written all over his face.



But since when did this mister fox right here that have always disliked me begin to show such a clear smile on his face?


Sariel: Why are you stupefied? Go on stage for the curtain call.



You: I can participate too?




Sariel: Do you wish for me to hug the dress to go on the stage instead? 



Sariel: Be quiet when you're on the stage, don't look around, and don't chirp around, do you hear me?



You (pouting): You're the one that's chirping...



The spotlight dazzles, and we stood right under the spotlight just like the protagonists of the world.


What lights up along with the lights is the ring in my hand, but I completely didn't notice it as I was completely immersed in joy.



Fireworks have lit from the colorful show venue. They brightened the entire night skies, as if they can brighten the mortal world without requiring the moon and the stars, and bring happiness to the people.



A fake, temporary happiness.


People's eyes have always been able to see that bit of light in front of them, and are completely unaware of the sharp blade hanging high above their heads.


The man hiding under the stage saw the girl's smile on the stage, and stride into the cheering crowd.


Location: Lu's Family Mansion



The castle that was lively during the day is exceptionally quiet at this moment. Two men with different expressions stood in the grand hall, with a faint smell of blood lingering in the air.



Lu Ting: Master, I believe you have also witnessed it yourself. We could originally get our hands on the experiment target, but my good nephew didn't seem to agree with it. 



Lu Ting (internal monologue): I didn't expect my illusions to be incapable of trapping you.



Lu Ting: It's my incapability to have ruined the entire effort.


??: Evan, do you have an explanation for this?



Evan: I am doing all of this to ensure your plans can proceed smoothly.



Lu Ting: Nonsense!



Lu Ting: You've been so busy that you've gotten forgetful, uncle. You've probably already forgotten who has been repetitively messing up the plan. The reason why I protected her too, is because I was worried that the same mistake will happen again.



Lu Ting: You really have learned to imitate your mother's double-faced side* so perfectly.


*T/N: The exact idiom Lu Ting used is 两面三刀. It is a metaphor for a person with bad intentions, insidious and cunning, facing people with a side, then another side behind the backs, someone who's provocative and plays a double-faced trick.


Evan lowered his eyelids, and a cold smirk flashed past the corner of his lips.


The elder turned over as his thumb lightly caressed the double-headed snake carving on his walking stick, and the snake messenger began to spit out black air.


??: Evan, there are some matters that needs to be settled in England, I'll leave them to you. Go and receive your punishment.



It's midnight. The city has turned quiet, with only an overnight flight blinking in the red light of the same frequency that lets out its roars.



The grey-haired man stood up from the sofa, smiling as he looked down towards the dark grounds.



Chapter 5-24's NIGHT END can be read here!


Chapter 6-01 can be read here!



Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.