[Light and Night Event] Osborn's Birthday Event: Part 2: Episode 01 || 光与夜之恋 萧逸生日活动 探寻新光界・ 漫想心驰:剧情01

11/23/2021 01:38:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Before reading this, please read the pre-quest story here for context!

Prologue of the story is here!




We sat in the shaky rail for a little over an hour, and arrived New Lightworld.


Not long after exiting the station, we arrived the shopping street. The first stop for the day is located in this shopping street itself.


I led Osborn all the way forward, and finally stopped before a red and gold building. The fairytale castle-style design is still eye-catching throughout the whole row of unique shops.


You: I bet you've definitely heard of this shop, Fire Leopard Toy Mall.



Osborn: Yeah, I've heard of it. Looks like a toy mall targeting to all age groups, it's quite popular recently.


You: Let's go and have a look inside!



The splendid interiors look even more spacious compared to how it seemed like from the outside.


There's a huge patio in the center of the three-storey building, with the top of the patio embellished with many delicate and adorable cartoon decoration, creating a pure, dreamy atmosphere.


Osborn looked around the surroundings, and headed straight towards a giant display shelf.


I approached closer to have a look, and noticed the design of the display shelf is very creative.


The display shelf is made into a design like a sky parking lot, with all scaled down models of real cars placed all over the shelf.


Osborn's understanding towards these are unbeatable, and he began to play it seriously.



Osborn: Hey look, what do you think of this red race car?


You: It's very cool, matches you well!


Osborn: I almost bought it back then.


I knew what Osborn meant was the actual car of the model. But the little boy by our side raised his head when he heard him, seemingly to have misunderstood his meaning.



Boy: Big brother, do you want this? You don't have to spend money to buy this today! This model is the prize for today's car puzzle competition, if you wanted it, then participate the car puzzle competition upstairs!


Osborn: Really? Thank you.


Osborn smiles as he patted the boy's head, the latter smiled happily as he ran away with a toy in his arms.


You: Car puzzle competition? Isn't that your forte? How about we have a look together?


Osborn: Let's go.


We walked up to the second floor along the spiral staircase. The venue where a competition is about to start is crowded with people, so it was effortless for us to find it.


But by the time we approached closer, we've noticed that the participants of the car puzzle competition to be comprised with mostly children.


You: If you were to compete, you'd definitely be on the first place.



Osborn: That's true, so it's better for me to not snatch the prize from the kids. How about we participate that one over there?


I looked towards the direction of his line of gaze, there's a round table placing a newly marketed pixelated villa model, the model looks grand and delicate. The ones sitting around the table are mostly adults.

 

Is that a puzzle competition? Osborn an I have been attracted by the colorful blocks, and subconsciously approached closer.


Host: The competition comes in pair, you'll have to complete assembling the display in 20 minutes-- a puzzle of the village villa. In the end, we will determine the top three places according to the completion status, the winner of the first place can receive a set of village villa model!


Osborn: I've never played this before, wanna give it a try?


You: Sure!


We hit it off right away, pulled the seats by the round table and sat down. The small table is full of participants, and only by stretching my leg a little, it's already tightly sticking with Osborn's leg.


Osborn's warmth seeps through the thin clothing, making my heart to beat uncontrollably.



You: Move a little over there, wouldn't you?*


*T/N: MC's tone is the coyly tone but I'm not sure how to translate the tone to English T_T



Osborn: I really can't move anymore. How about you just sit right on my lap?


He smirked as he patted his thigh, and that scene appeared in my mind subconsciously. A sliver of hotness immediately flew over my cheeks.


You (flustered): The competition is about to start, get serious!


In a blink of an eye, the participants have all arrived. I exchanged glances with the participant sitting opposite of us, and I could smell a sliver of dynamite... Looks like everyone are very serious.


You: Osborn, do you want this set of model?


Osborn: Of course.


You: Then we'll have to go all out!


Osborn: Yeah, let's do this.


Osborn extends a fist towards me. In a tacit, I used my fist to lightly bump into his.


After the staff have distributed the parts of the model, the competition has started.


Osborn and I have already discussed our flow in advance, as soon as the whistle blows, I immediately face straight towards the seas of model parts.


I first categorize the parts according to its shapes, then hand them to Osborn in order. Osborn took the parts that I gave him, then placed them to suitable spots.


In that instant, we are both focused on the task in hand, nobody spoke. Every minute felt like it has been extended even further.


In between the busy times, I subconsciously glanced over Osborn's side profile, and was in a trance for a moment.


He bends his waist as he leans closer to the model, eyes slightly squinted, revealing a child-like pure yet focused expression, showing yet a different kind of handsomeness.


Right then, he threw a confused gaze towards me, only then I noticed him opening his palm towards me.


Turns out that I spaced out earlier and forgot to hand him the parts!



Osborn: Hey... What are you looking at?


You: I'm sorry!


I quickly pulled my focus back, look for the required part and handed it to him.


He seemed like he has returned to his focused expression for work, yet the corner of his lips have exuded a faint smile.



Osborn: I'll let you stare all you want in another place.


He has already seen through me? I pretended to not hear his whisper, but my ears have suddenly boiled.


Very quickly, the whistle for the end of the competition has sounded.


Osborn and I straightened our bodies, and stretched ourselves in tacit, looking at the villa before us in satisfaction.


I designed different colour schemes for our villa. White walls, red roof, with blue iris planted by each window.


Although it's a completely different colour scheme from the display, but Osborn didn't make a single mistake on the parts, and have perfectly showcased the look that I aimed for.


Osborn: Look, it can't go bad when we are in a team.


You: Our tacit isn't bad, huh. When I have finally succeeded, I'll hire you as my design assistant!


Osborn: No problem.


Looking around, our villa is the prettiest among all works, and the completion status is also the highest.


As expected, our villa won the top spot, and received the first prize for today.


Osborn sent me to receive the present, and very quickly I raised the heavy model set high up as I returned to him.


You: Look, it's our prize! It does feel different to get something with our hard work than just buying it.


Osborn took the box and held it in his hands.



Osborn: We can come here often in the future. This place is pretty good. The activities are quite meaningful, and I can even see your childish side. It's worth it.


You: Hey, I'm not the only one being childish alright!


I pouted in dissatisfaction, but I ended up deciding not to expose him.


The serious and focused look of his when he was assembling the puzzle, I shall keep it as my exclusive treasure.


Event Stories will be updated in the pages linked here once they are released and translated!

Pre-Quest Story | Prologue Episode 01 Episode 02 Episode 03 Episode 04 Episode 05 

Birthday Call


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other date translations for Light and Night here!




Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.