[Light and Night Event] Osborn's Birthday Event: Part 1: Pre-Quest Story || 光与夜之恋 萧逸生日活动・ 探寻新光界・街头狂想:前置剧情

11/23/2021 11:56:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

 



Disclaimer(s) as of 23 Nov:

- This event for Osborn's birthday is basically about the same as Charlie's and Osborn's in terms of event mechanics.

- After completing Part 1 of the event by unlocking all 5 locations for the travel itinerary, you get to continue on part 2 of the event by painting memory notes.

- The 6* translations will be up within the next 3 days.



I heard that there's a market opened nearby Warson, so this night, Osborn and I agreed to stroll around there together.


By the time I've arrived somewhere nearby the spot we agreed to meet up, he has noticed me far away from the crowd, and gestured at me to go over.



Osborn: Over here. Dressing so well just to stroll in a market, huh.


You: Well I'm strolling with the racing legend Osborn after all, it's my honor.


We chit-chatted joyfully as we walked into the market. Just at its busiest hours at night, the market is lit up with colorful lamps, with adults and children crowding the place.


A stall named "birthstone" has drawn my attention. Various colors of round pebble accessories are placed everywhere, like a micro universe. I picked up one of them and showed it to Osborn.


You: Look, this is my birthstone! But it's a pity that the lanyard color isn't a good match.



Osborn: Is that so? As expected of the great designer.


A child squeezed in, pointing towards the variety of stones on the stone and began talking to his companion.



Child: This is the one! On the day you celebrate your birthday, you have to buy your birthstone and wear it with you, it'll guarantee a smooth sailing time throughout the following year.


It's my first time hearing such a saying, so I can't help but to lean towards Osborn's ear and exclaimed softly.


You: Turns out that children nowadays have so many types of sense of ritual to celebrate birthdays. For my childhood birthday celebration, it was just eating a cake.



Osborn: Yeah. It'd be very satisfying if there we get to eat cakes.


You: So you're thinking the same too, huh? Then how about you? How did you celebrate your birthdays when you were little?



Osborn: ... In my impression, I didn't quite celebrate birthdays when I was little.


I measured him up in suspicion. 


You: Could you actually be the cool one that is out of ordinary since you were little?


Osborn: Yeah, I guess you can put it that way too.


I could sense a sliver of mysterious aura from his carefree smile, and immediately recalled the scene when we first met, it seems like I've somehow understood what happened.


Right then, an idea flashed past my mind, and I remembered something even more important...


You: Oh right, your birthday is arriving soon isn't it?



Osborn: Yeah, you sure did pay quite some attention to me huh.


You: Let me look at the weather forecast... That's great, the weather that day looks pretty good, it's suitable to head out!


Osborn: Eh, so happy about it? Are you thinking of celebrating birthday for me?


I realized I have began to anticipate for it before I have even asked Osborn about his plans, it feels a little embarrassing.


You: ... If you wished for it, it's not like I can't do that either.



Osborn: Do you even have to ask about this? In my wish list, you are forever on the top of my list.


The surrounding lights and shadows flickered, his smiling eyes gleams within reach, brighter than any dazzling lights around here.


Osborn: Since you're going to celebrate my birthday with me, then I'll dismiss the outing with the bros.


You: Wait a second, you've promised to go out with your friends already?


Osborn: I didn't have plans to celebrate birthday beforehand, so I asked them out to relax together.


You: Don't dismiss it in such a hurry first okay? Since it's a birthday celebration, it's a valuable experience to be surrounded by friends too. What do you guys plan to do? Mind bringing a baggage along?


Osborn: No problem. However--


Osborn measured me up intently, then fell into deep thoughts for a moment.


Osborn: My entertainment method with them might be a little barbaric, sure you wanna join?


You: Then how about telling me how barbaric it could be?


He smiled mysteriously, with an arm placed over my shoulder, and leaned towards my ear as if he's going to talk about something serious.



Osborn: Firing the gun*. Wanna come?

*T/N: The original word used is 打枪. While it does mean firing a gun literally, it also means m*st*rbating in CN. 


I was stunned for a moment, and pushed him off completely flustered.



You: Well that's just shooting isn't it! Sure, I've never tried shooting before either. On your birthday, we can take some time for shooting, and the two of us can do some other stuff at other hours.


Osborn: Sure, sounds pretty fulfilling.


You: This is the my first birthday celebration for you since we knew each other, I have to celebrate it well for you. I remember there's a shooting range in New Lightworld that has a pretty good review... Osborn, I suddenly have a great plan!


Osborn: Oh? Wanna tell me about it?


You: No can do, I have to keep it a secret first!



Osborn: Alright then. Then I'll leave my birthday arrangements to you.


You: You just have to look forward to it!




Event Stories will be updated in the pages linked here once they are released and translated!

Pre-Quest Story | Prologue Episode 01 Episode 02 Episode 03 Episode 04 Episode 05 

Birthday Call


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other date translations for Light and Night here!




Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.