[Light and Night Event] Osborn's Birthday Event: Part 2: Episode 04 || 光与夜之恋 萧逸生日活动 探寻新光界・ 漫想心驰:剧情04

11/23/2021 05:18:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Before reading this, please read the pre-quest story here for context!

Previous part is here!





After leaving the shooting range, we parted with Osborn's friends.



Osborn: Tell me, where's the next stop?


Looks like Osborn enjoyed my arrangements well, I secretly feel accomplished, and I can't hold back from teasing him.


You: Look at you being in such a hurry, not even letting this tour guide of yours to take a breather.



Osborn: Of course you can rest, how about I carry you on my back? Or bridal style?



You: Go away, everyone are looking!



We walked along the main road for a couple of minutes, and with a turn, we arrived a lush green area, it's the central park of New Lightworld.


The sun has already leaned to a side of the sky dome, and it's not as scorching as noon time. It's a good time to take a stroll in the park.


Families and friends on a outing are sitting on the soft green lawn as they bask themselves under the sun, making this scene looking like a leisure scroll painting.


We walked past the lawn, and arrived a rental shop.


You: I heard that we can rent drones here, Osborn, do you wanna play with it?



Osborn: Sure.


We rented a drone, and I handed the joystick and instruction manual into his hands.


You: The birthday boy gets to play first.


Osborn: Sure. But I'll pass on the instruction manual, I'm a hands on person.


He stuffed the instruction manual back to me, simply tried around with the joystick, and the drone took flight wobbly.


But it's not flying stably, only to buzz as it circles right above our heads, that I covered my head worriedly.


You: Osborn, let it fly a little higher! It now feels like there's a giant wasp flying above me.


Osborn: Roger.


Osborn controls the joystick, and the drone climbed up very quickly.


I squinted my eyes as I looked up, watching the drone to gradually shrink in the air.



Osborn: Hey did you notice that? Our drone has LED light installed on it. When night falls, people can scribble in the night skies with this, and draw 3D art.


You: Making the skies as the canvas...? Sounds pretty romantic isn't it? It's a pity that the sky is still bright, the trajectory can't be seen clearly.


Osborn: You can draw and I'll guess. How's that, wanna give it a go?


He handed the joystick to me. It's my first time controlling a drone. After hesitating for a moment, I quickly think of a simple drawing, so I began to slowly draw in the air.


You: How's that? Can you guess it?


Under my control, the drone drew a somewhat crooked oval. Then, it's about to draw an even greater curve...


But perhaps I've made too much of a turn, the drone's trajectory is now way out of my control, after reversing in the air, it crashes straight towards a tree--


The awkward scene of the drone being stuck on the tree and unable to be retrieved immediately appeared before my eyes.



You: Ah!! Osborn, what do I do?!


Osborn: Leave it to me.


He walked behind me, covering my hands with his big palms, and controlled the joystick with me.


The sudden warmth made my movements pause for a moment, and began operating again with his lead.


Under his control, the drone accelerated and turned at the same time, briefly brushed past the tree crown. After shaving a couple of leaves, it has finally left the tall tree, and hovered in the air safely.



Osborn: My little painter, you can't be too self-immersed when you're creating, you almost shaved this tree bald. 


I smiled bashfully, and bowed to the tree.


You: I'm sorry, Mister Tree!


Osborn: I guess it's better to leave it to me. Tell me what you want to draw, and I'll draw it for you. 


You: Sure, then I want to draw a Xiaomander*!


*T/N: In case you missed the memo, Xiaomander is Osborn's pet tortoise. The name is a combination of his surname Xiao and Charmander.


Osborn: Okay.


Since it's all nonexistent lines, both of us raised our heads and watched the drone's trajectory with full focus. He continued on the oval I drew, and seriously added head, limbs and tail on it. 


Osborn: Are there more?


You: Uh... How about writing a few words on its back!


Osborn: Tell me about it.



You: O-s-b-o-r-n, No. 1.


Osborn's hand movements stopped, and looked at me weirdly.


Osborn: Hey, is this your encouragement to a racer? Why are you writing it on a turtle's back?


You: Because Xiaomander is your baby.



Osborn: But I have other babies too, how could you forget already?


His eyes curved into smiles, and intently raised his chin at me. I startled, and awkwardly avoided his scorching gaze.


You: ... Forget it, alphabets are too difficult to write. Let's take an aerial photo instead!


Osborn: Sure, it's all up to you.


You: Hi! Drone, look over here!


I made a hand gesture to the drone to snap a photo. The drone sensed it, then turned around and took a photo.


The phone is sent to my phone very quickly. On the round lawn, the little us stood in the middle, waving our arms as we looked to the skies, smiling very brightly.


 


Event Stories will be updated in the pages linked here once they are released and translated!

Pre-Quest Story | Prologue Episode 01 Episode 02 Episode 03 Episode 04 Episode 05 

Birthday Call


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other date translations for Light and Night here!

Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.