[Light and Night Event] Osborn's Birthday Event: Part 2: Episode 03 || 光与夜之恋 萧逸生日活动 探寻新光界・ 漫想心驰:剧情03

11/23/2021 04:09:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Before reading this, please read the pre-quest story here for context!

Previous part is here!



After lunch, it's time to meet up with Osborn's friends.


By the time we arrived Lightworld Shooting Range, Osborn's friends are already here.


You: Wen Wan? We meet again.



Wen Wan: Missy Y/N, hello. Thank you for finding this place for us, looks pretty good!


There are a few others that I've never met before. Through Osborn's introduction, I greeted them one by one.


Seeing them being so familiar with Osborn and Wen Wan, I guess, they are all probably friends Osborn made from the bounty hunter guild.


While we were chatting, Osborn have instead been looking around, his gaze is searching for something.


Osborn: Why don't I see Ni Dalong*?


*T/N: Member of bounty hunter. This character will relate to his birthday 6* card.



A Tai: Ah, Dalong can't come today. Big brother Osborn, you probably knew about this too, right? He went on a mission in Nation G, seems like he has encountered some accident, so he delayed coming back to the country.


Mission? Nation G? The recent news were reporting the warfare over there, could his mission be related to this...


Hearing so, Osborn's expressions became a little cold. Yet when his gaze reached mine, the familiar warmth resurfaced within his brows.


Osborn: Let's go, we'll go in first.


He held my hand, the scorching warmth from his palm seems to be able to soothe all of my insecurities.


You: Okay.


The Lightworld Shooting Range has a semi open air design, targets of various shapes stand on the spacious lawn, with the other side of the venue being individual shooting windows that are separated.


The deafening sounds of gunshot can be heard from time to time, leaving its echoes in the air.


After we received our guns, Osborn's friends have walked towards the indoors. I followed behind them, but Osborn hooked onto my collar and dragged me back.


You: Eh?


He hooked my shoulder as he turned me around, and brought me to the other shooting window.



Osborn: What's the hurry? That's the "pro area". Try it out over here first. Raise the gun, I'll teach you the movements.


His arms suddenly extends out from my sides, his tall silhouette have encircled me within his embrace.


My back is closely sticking against his broad chest, with my entire body shrouded under his somewhat oppressing aura. My mind suddenly became completely blank.


Osborn gently lifted my elbow with a hand, with another covered on the back of my hand, helping me to adjust my posture. The thin calloused finger touched mine, and my heart uncontrollably beat faster.


His voice carries his unique breath as it brushes past my ear, sounding a little more alluring and warm than usual.



Osborn: Thumb over thumb, and fingers over fingers. Yeah, the way you hold the gun is very standard. Look out from the groove over here, can you see the iron sight? Your gaze has to focus on the iron sight, and let the iron sight to fall right in the middle of the groove.


After explaining the shooting techniques and adjusted my posture, Osborn put on soundproof earmuffs for me, raising his chin and signaled me to give it a shot.


This is my first shot! I quickly pulled my scattering little thoughts together, and started aiming with full focus.


After aiming properly with the iron sight, I slowed down my breath, and stably pulled the trigger--


Bang!!


With a loud bang, a strong recoil can be felt over the roots of my palms. After a moment, a bullet case made a sound as it rolled onto the floor.


Everything happened too quickly that my mind is in a blur. After realizing that I've already shot a bullet out, the joy that came late surfaced from my heart.


You: How's it? How did I do?!



Osborn: Let me see... 6th ring. It's not bad for the first time.


You: Really?! I wanna try again!


Osborn took out another bullet from his pocket, and filled it for me.


You: Really? How about filling a couple more for me at once?


Osborn: No can do.


You: Please? Big boss Osborn? Coach Osborn?


I purposely showed a puppy look, yet he is completely unfazed. I can only raise the gun and tried shooting a second time.


This time, I shot on the seventh ring.


Osborn: Mm, you learn pretty fast.


He nodded in compliment, then extended a hand to me, and placed two bullets into my palm.


Osborn: As a reward, I'll give you a little more this time. There, fill it yourself.


You: ... There's just two.


Osborn: You're a newbie, safety first. C'mon, be a good girl.


The moment he lowered his tone and coaxed me while patted my head in consolation, I suddenly find it hard to handle it.


I pulled myself together, imitating how he was earlier as I carefully stuff the bullet into the warm barrel, and began practicing again...


After practicing for a little more than ten rounds, I seem to be able to get the hang of it, and I can control the gun more proficiently now.



Osborn: 8.5th ring. Not bad, I'll have you to protect me from now on.


He pressed the switch, and took back the target paper riddled with holes from outside the window. I took the paper as if I am receiving a certificate, then solemnly kept it properly.


You: Since you're saying so, then how about showing me your greatness too, coach?


Osborn: Sure. Let's go, I'll show you something interesting.



Osborn finally brought me to the so-called "pro area" earlier. The moment we got closer, I can see A Tai and the group are seriously shooting over there.


The difference from the "newbie area" is, the shooting windows here is continuously tossing red discs up to the air. It can't be possible for that to be the target right? I guessed in disbelief.


As I spaced out while watching, Osborn has already grabbed a rifle from somewhere, and skillfully filled the bullets before the window, and stably carried the rifle with his strong arms.


As his eyes got close to the sight, his aura became stable and sharp in an instant, as if his entirety has became a weapon.


Witnessing this scene myself, I can't help but to hold my breath...


At the next moment, Osborn pulled the trigger without hesitations. With three deafening sounds of gunshots, the little red dots that were about to disappear at the edge of the skies have exploded in order!


You: !!!


The sounds of exclaims have arrived my lips, but I have swallowed them right back.


I thought I was doing great to hit the eight ring earlier, but after seeing Osborn's skill, that tiny little feelings of self-accomplishment are replaced with admiration.


You: Osborn, how long have you been practicing? It's really... too impressive!


Before my voice has died away, a cheerful laughter could be heard from behind, answering on behalf of Osborn.



A Tai: Haha, sis in law*, there are times where Big Brother Osborn is more impressive, let him make a special performance for you next time.


*T/N: A casual way to address a brother's wife. Doesn't have to be blood related.


You: Huh?


Hearing that way of addressing, my cheeks completely flustered.


You: Osborn, did you say anything to A Tai?



Osborn: What? I have nothing to do with it.


He shrugged casually, then picked up the rifle, and aimed at the flying discs again.



Yet the corner of his lips have exuded a very faint smile, relaxed and confident, occupying all of my view.




Event Stories will be updated in the pages linked here once they are released and translated!

Pre-Quest Story | Prologue Episode 01 Episode 02 Episode 03 Episode 04 Episode 05 

Birthday Call


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other date translations for Light and Night here!


Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.