[Light and Night Event] Osborn's Birthday Event: Part 2: Episode 05 || 光与夜之恋 萧逸生日活动 探寻新光界・ 漫想心驰:剧情05

11/23/2021 06:29:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Before reading this, please read the pre-quest story here for context!

Previous part is here!




As the night falls, my footsteps with Osborn have gradually slowed down, and finally extended to the popular dating spot of New Lightworld -- Lightworld Harbor.


The dazzling lights lit along the curve of the harbor, then converged into a river of light through its reflections on the water surface.


There's an ocean ferry that has retired for more than a decade docked by the shore not far away from us, like a sleeping iron giant, blending into a part of the city's night scenery.


Upon seeing the ferry, Osborn's eyes have obviously gleamed.



Osborn: This ship is pretty well-maintained.


You: I knew you'd like it! This ferry is open to public, let's go, we'll board on it.



Osborn can't hold back from looking around as soon as he stepped onto the deck, the smile over his lips are almost unconcealable.


Osborn: It has actually being remodeled into a restaurant. It must've not thought that after working on the seas for decades, it could still enjoy the scenery of the world. Even I got a little jealous of it.


You: Yeah. Don't be happy so quickly, there's something more interesting inside!


I pushed him into the cabin, and walked up along the narrow stairs. On the second floor, each cabin room is reconstructed into private rooms, sounds of joyful chattering filled the narrow corridor through the doors.


Finally, I stopped in front of a tightly shut door, and slowly pushed the door open.



The room is pitch black, with a special birthday cake placed on the table in the center of the room, the candlelight flickers on it.


Osborn: ... Whoa, so much sense of ritual?


He paused his footsteps outside the door, seemingly not used to such a grand atmosphere for a moment. I pushed him into the room, then switched on the lights behind him.


Click--


As the warm yellow lights are suddenly lit up, and by the time he sees the scene before him clearly, Osborn widened his eyes in surprise.


This is a room that has been carefully decorated, it's unlike a restaurant, but more like a child's study.


Wherever the eyes can reach are all filled with energetic colors, the geometrical patterns on the wallpapers looks like they are hand drawn by a child, lively and rich in imaginations.


The delicate toy models, cartoon posters, hobby books are decorating every corner of the room. A set of small table and chair is placed in the center of the room, it's also kid-sized.


It's hard to imagine that there was once a brave and curious child started his world adventure from such a lively little room just like this, and passing each and every day and night.


The joyful melodies of the birthday song wafts from the Bluetooth speaker, adding a layer of warmth over this colorful tiny little room.


Osborn repetitively looked at the dazzling array without even blinking, and became lost for words.



I led Osborn to the little chair, gesturing for him to sit on it.


But the chair is too short for him. After sitting down, there's nowhere for him to put his long legs, the cramped look is funny yet adorable. 


Osborn: So... You've specially prepared all of these for me?


You: That's right, little Osborn. Although there's no way for this gift to be brought home like a takeaway, but I think, even keeping it as a memory is good too.


Osborn: Yeah. If I were to live in a room like this when I was 10, I'm afraid that I'd even wake up from the dreams with a smile. Oh-- I think I understand now. Toy mall, museum... Today, I became a child again with you.


You: That's right. You said it before, you almost never celebrated birthday when you were little. I think, this is probably something regrettable...


As I speak, the scene of our childhood encounter resurfaced before my eyes.


The youth covered in dust stares at me separated from a long time, as if there's a gleam of stubbornness and desires that can't be worded flashing within his eyes.


You: So for this once, I wanted to bring you the simplest, and also the warmest birthday that truly belongs to a child.


I wish to use a date that is full of innocence to make up to the youth that wasn't surrounded by love that has been forgotten in time.


I wonder, if the youth living deep inside Osborn's heart has received it?



You: Osborn, happy birthday!


He leans towards the back of the chair, looking at me without gazing away as the candlelight flickered in his eyes.


This pair of eyes are no different from the youth in my memories, and they are seemingly overlapping together slowly.


He who has always been doing things so easily have only returned to his senses after some time, then subconsciously moved his gaze away.



Osborn: Oh you, I don't even know what I should say anymore. Thank you, I... I had a lot of fun today. Also, how should I put this... I'm very touched.


Seeing him showing a rare sight of clumsiness in him, my heart surged with happiness, and I can't hold back from wanting more.


You: Hm? How touched are you? The kind where you're about to cry, little Osborn?



Osborn: Yeah, if you aren't going to coax me now, I'd be crying in front of you right away.


The almost coquettish tone made my heart so soft that it feels like it's about to melt. I moved my chair closer to him, extended an arm on his head as I caressed it.


You: Alright alright, good boy. This is nothing great, let's have a more meaningful one next year. This day of every year from now on, we'll have to create wonder memories together.


He got petted so much that he exudes an expression with full of satisfaction, only to put my hand down after enjoying it for quite a while, and wrapped it within his palm. 


Osborn: Alright, there's already a child here treating your words as the truth. So, you can't take your words back anymore.


The more he speaks, the more childish he really gets. I looked at him helplessly.


You: I would never lie to you! The candle is almost done burning, hurry and make a wish! The birthday wishes that you've missed in the past, you can make up with them now!


Osborn: Yeah, this can't be forgotten.


Hearing that from me, he quickly kept his legs back, sat upright before the cake, and placed his hands together to make a wish.



As if he has recalled something sweet, his lips curved up uncontrollably. I've already picked up the polaroid camera that I've prepared in advance, and recorded this precious moment while he's unaware of it.


I believe, all of little Osborn's wishes will definitely come true.





Event Stories will be updated in the pages linked here once they are released and translated!

Pre-Quest Story | Prologue Episode 01 Episode 02 Episode 03 Episode 04 | Episode 05 

Birthday Call


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other date translations for Light and Night here!




Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.