[Light and Night Event] Osborn's Birthday Event: Part 2: Episode 02 || 光与夜之恋 萧逸生日活动 探寻新光界・ 漫想心驰:剧情02

11/23/2021 02:37:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Before reading this, please read the pre-quest story here for context!

Previous part is here!




I subconsciously looked at my wristwatch after leaving the toy mall.


You: Yeah, it's around the time I've estimated. Next we are going to board a bus on the opposite side of the road.



Osborn: Oh, looks like our schedule is quite packed, huh.


You: Of course, it's even more packed than a celebrity's schedule.


Osborn: Actually, even if I were to just sit by the roadside with you for the whole day, it'd be quite meaningful too.


He suddenly extends his arm, and pressed my head onto his shoulder. 


Osborn: You didn't sleep well last night, didn't you? Your dark circles are coming out already.


I subconsciously covered my face in shock.


You: Ah! Does it look bad? Don't look anymore!



Osborn: What are you so nervous about? Which look of yours have I not seen before?


You: ......


I peeked at him through the slits between my fingers, and Osborn pretended to blink innocently.


You: What exactly is on your mind every day?


Osborn: Still trying to say it's my doing? It's clear that you're the one thinking the other way first.


We laughed in tacit just like two fools.


Osborn is right, even if I were to sit by the roadside for the entire day, it'd probably be quite interesting too.


But it's different today... I'm already determined to give Osborn an extremely meaningful birthday.



Very quickly, we arrived the second destination of the day.


After getting the ticket, he looked at the front, then the back, as if he's in disbelief.


Osborn: Nature History Museum?


I straightened my index finger and placed it by his lips, stopping his words.


You: Don't ask anything, you'll find out once you're in.



Right after passing through the turnstile, a tall, giant bone frame has occupied our line of vision completely, projecting a barbarous yet mysterious shadow to the floor.


The visitors entering the museum have all gotten their attention taken away, and Osborn have also raised his head, with surprise exuding between his brows.


Osborn: Wow, this dinosaur fossil is so complete.


You: Right? The one and only available in Guang Qi city! A must-see for hunks!



Osborn: Then I've gotta really observe it well.


There are many people standing around the dinosaur fossil. Osborn held my hand as he led me walking to somewhere far away to only arrive the side with lesser people outside the fence, and walked close to observe it.


The closer we approach it, the more we can feel the gigantic size of the dinosaur. Its strong leg bones is almost as tall as a single storey, we can't help but to raise our necks high to see the dinosaur's head.


The dinosaur's posture looked so lively. It raises its front claws, head protruding forward, with two rows of sharp fangs wide open, as if it'd pounce towards its prey on the next split second.


Osborn stood right before the dinosaur, raising his head as he looks closely to its eyes and teeth, as if he's talking to it.


The Osborn like this not only looks tiny, but also exudes a strong aura that could confront dinosaurs.



Osborn: It's really a big fella, it feels even more like it when seen face to face. Look at its little tiny hands, it's probably a T-rex. 


You: Come here quick, there's an exhibit introduction over here.


We walked towards the display board with introductory words printed onto it, and began reading.


Osborn: It's T-rex. T-rex is a carnivorous dinosaur with the strongest physique. This T-rex lived in America 65 million years ago.


You: Length being 14.5m, and weight being 12 tons. Look at its thick and strong tail, it'd be terrible with just a swipe of its tail.


Osborn: Tsk, if we were to live in the same era as T-rexes, we'd probably only become part of its little snacks.


You: I'll admit defeat! I indeed can only become a little snack. But our big boss Osborn is this great, could he also be a little snack for the dinosaur?


Welcoming my curious gaze, Osborn was surprised for a moment, then became dumbfounded.



Osborn: Hey, what else could I be? You can't possibly think I can fight a T-rex too, are you?


You: Hm... I'm not sure why, but I just think you can.


Osborn: Oh. I didn't knew that you admire me this much in the past.


He raised an eyebrow, and suddenly bent his back as he leaned closer, looking into my eyes intently. Only then I've realized what I said, and quickly turned my subconsciously burning cheeks away from him.


You: ... I was just simply blurting things out.



Osborn: Since you trust me this much, then if there's a day we accidentally returned to the dinosaur era, I'll look after you.


Despite time traveling is just nonsensical talk, Osborn's promise have seemed to be planted deep under my heart, and quickly grew into a giant tree that I can take shelter under the winds and rains.



Event Stories will be updated in the pages linked here once they are released and translated!

Pre-Quest Story | Prologue Episode 01 Episode 02 Episode 03 Episode 04 Episode 05 

Birthday Call



Meanwhile, feel free to check out other date translations for Light and Night here!





Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.