Light and Night Main Story Chapter 8-19: Belated Midsummer (迟来的盛夏) | 光与夜之恋 主线剧情第八章(英译)

11/09/2021 10:08:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Previously on Chapter 8-17... (read here)


Jesse: Who are you?


That person slowly turned around. It's a girl that looked like she's about 10 years old, looking very petite.


Black colored hair covered her face. She lifted a white candle in her hand, stuffed it into her mouth and chewed it. Two metal bracelets jingles around her wrist.


Jesse: Soul is already drawn away--


The moonlight is getting brighter, an unnoticeable black dot appeared before the girl all of a sudden, and the air starts to linger with a rotting, burning smell.


Seeing the girl just about to bite her tongue off, a hemp rope immediately flown out from his hand and bind the girl.


The white candle fell onto the floor. Jesse put up two fingers, picked up a talisman and pointed it towards the girl. With a shredding sound, the talisman turned into ashes in the air.



Throughout the following week, the three of us has cooperated and completed all of the costume design and production smoothly, and we also received praises from the program group.


It's the finals for "Song of Strength" tonight. I have agreed to watch it together with Gao Cheng and Jiang Lai.


??: Miss Y/N.


Just when I was about to return to the office after finished buying coffee, a familiar voice called me.



You: Wen Wan? Why are you here?


I looked at Wen Wan that suddenly appear in surprised. Just when I was about to ask something, Osborn's message appeared on my phone screen.



Osborn's Message: I'm looking for you for something, I've let Wen Wan to fetch you. See you at LONGDAY later.


Wanting me to go to LONGDAY? But didn't Osborn say LONGDAY is a very mysterious group, and he didn't allowed me to ask anything further, why did he suddenly ask me to go there?


I replied his message in doubt, but I have received an affirmative reply almost immediately.


Wen Wan: Big Bro Xiao said it's urgent, and he wanted me to bring you over right away.


I took a glance at my phone. It's still 4 hours away from the finals, I should probably manage to make it there.


You: Alright, then let's go.



The car drifted all the way to the outskirts. Wen Wan didn't chose to travel on the public roads, but have instead drove in forest paths. Patches and patches of trees brushed past the windows.


You: Right, why is he looking for me?



Wen Wan: I'm not too sure about this too, I'm only fetching you according to his orders.


Wen Wan smiled, and the way he smiled looked a little different. It feels a little different from his laidback attitude back then. Could something tacky happened over Osborn's side?


Wen Wan: Oh right, Big Bro Xiao said there are sweets here, you can eat them.


He opened the drawer, and the lemon candy fell from the slit.


You: Do you really have no idea what exactly happened?


Wen Wan: Big Bro Xiao really didn't say anything.


You: Then I shall ask him through a phone call--


Yet before I can take out my phone, Wen Wan suddenly stepped on the brakes!


You: !


A electrifying shiver suddenly traveled through my entire body. I immediately lost my consciousness, and collapsed on the seat.



Buzz, buzz-- At the same time, Osborn's phone vibrated. He looked at the address and photograph sent from the unknown number. Osborn stunned for a moment, and his gaze immediately became ice-cold.



Osborn: This is bad!



Rumble-- The thunder sounded.


The bloody sun is slowly setting, the skies seemed to have almost glued to the grounds. The thick, dark clouds rolled over the sky, and continuously pressing towards the mortal world.


The giant lightning have split the suffocating air into two.



In an instant, the skies have changed.



I am woken up by the sounds of the thunders, and the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes is the flocks of crows. Pairs of brown eyes stared at me closely, like the hell messengers from another world.


Cold sweat immediately appeared on my palms.


Then I noticed an even more serious problem. I'm completely tied onto a chair, and I'm unable to budge.


My head huts so much, yet the last image I could remember before I fainted made me to realize-- I'm in trouble.


I bit on my lips violently, trying to sober up.


Bzzt-- A sense of electric passed through my body.


On the next second, a faint sound of breath could be heard in the quiet room.


It isn't mine.


I held my breath, because I noticed there's a man standing diagonally in front of me. His eyes are both shut, face pale, as if he's immersed in his dreams.


There's a skin-like item shredded by his foot, and only upon taking a good look, I can realize it's Wen Wan's face.


My body is suddenly full of goosebumps.


I'm being conned, someone kidnapped me pretending to be Wen Wan.


I tried my best to tell myself to stay calm, and looked around my surroundings from the corners of my eyes.


It seems to be an abandoned warehouse. The crows cried hoarsely outside the windows, and there are dense spider webs hanging above me, I can't help but to shiver.


What should I do?


Bzzt-- Yet another flow of electricity passed through me, like a dull item hitting behind my head, it hurts so badly.


Yet that person has also shivered, with a pained expression showing on his face.



??: Spirit Ring, the owner of the seal!


Spirit Ring?


??: How did the spiritual powers be absorbed... Impossible, this is impossible!


His entirety began shivering, with fear and disbelief written all over his face. Horse voice echoed in the warehouse, sounding eerier under the pouring rain.


Could he be coming for the Spirit Ring? But it's no longer with me.


And the more confusing thing is, why is he pretending to be Osborn's subordinate?


The thunder sounds from near and far has been rumbling continuously, shrouding the entire world in trembles. The lightning splits the night skies, and the faint blue light over my chest reflected on the glass.



Osborn: It's enough for your self defense. It's to avoid a certain someone being selfless when facing danger.


Right, I still have Osborn's brooch with me, that means there's still a chance for me to escape.


While that man has yet to open his eyes, I quietly leaned tightly against the chair, trying to take out my arm out from the ropes bit by bit. Weirdly enough, I didn't feel a strong power against me.


Could it be?


Struggling out from the ropes is easier than I thought, but it made me even more confused. Why is this person kidnapping me but not tightening the ropes? There's no time for me to think about these. I took off the brooch, and pressed onto the round circle at its edge.


A blue flame appeared in the air! The rope around my is burnt into ashes. I stunned for a moment to realize what has happened.


Saying it's for self defense, I thought it's a pocket knife or something, but I didn't expect for it to be Osborn's Talent. The blue flames slowly weakened, yet it's ever reassuring.


Just when I was about to stand up and run away, the man's nose suddenly scrunched, and his breath hurried. As if he has suddenly woke up, he widened his eyes, sweating completely.


He stayed calmed for a moment, looking towards me, with his gaze full of intentions to kill.


I am pressed back onto the chair as I look at this person with his bloodshot eyes in fear.



??: Who exactly are you?


I'm still not calm from the shock, and I don't even understand what he's saying. As soon as I'm brought here, every single word he said confuses me.


You: You kidnapped me, yet you asked who I am? Why are you capturing me? Where's Osborn? Why are you pretending to be his subordinate?


??: I'll kill you if you don't shut up.



You: You won't kill me easily, because you have other motives. 


The man startled, and a scary light flashed out from his eyes.


You: Where's Osborn? What exactly is your purpose to kidnap me?


??: I can only tell you, I'm from LONGDAY.


You: !


Is he also from LONGDAY?! Could he also have received a commission to catch me?


??: You've guessed wrongly, I didn't want to capture you. I just wanted you to do something for me.


You: What is it?



??: Kill Osborn. I will make you kill him right in front of me.





Chapter 8-22 now updated here!


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!




Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.