[Light and Night Event] All Event Story: El Cid's Song Journey with Jesse in Spain |【光与夜之恋】彼邦幻想曲:熙德歌行 夏鸣星活动剧情全集

11/06/2021 11:44:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Disclaimer: This is a limited-time event with Jesse. 

For his limited 6* card, read it here.


Due to time limitations, I will compile everything in one post. There are 8 destinations in total in Spain, separated by their respective subtitles. Four of them are voiced and four of them are text diaries.

You can also consider reading the subs in the following video (voiced without BGM).





#1 La Giralda


Sunlight pours into the room through the colorful stained glass, projecting its brilliance on the marble columns.


The long slope before me seemed endless. I was still casually enjoying the gothic dome when I first stepped into the clocktower's entrance, but now that I'm halfway up, I'm already panting in exhaustion.


But that orange-colored silhouette is still lively as always, striding in big steps on the slope as if he's walking on flat grounds.



Jesse: Are you okay? Feeling tired?


MC: I'm tired...


An arm appeared before me.


Jesse: If you're too tired, how about I carry you up?


MC: Forget about it, the slope gradient isn't small.


That hand was kept halfway, but instead being placed down, it passed through my elbow, and finally held my arm.


Jesse: Then hold on a little more, I'll lead you. Victory is just before us!


Passing through a deep stone door, I can suddenly see the light. Be it the crisscrossing streets and alleys, or the castle walls that has been through vicissitudes of life, everything in Seville are now before us.


MC: Wow, I suddenly feel that the tiredness is all worth it.



Jesse: Right? It'll never go wrong if you listened to me. The high spot of the clock tower is definitely the best scenic spot of the entire Seville.


Jesse and I strolled by the edges of the clocktower, looking over this ancient city from afar. Gentle winds breezes over, and a crisp tingle could be heard from somewhere.


I followed Jesse's gaze as it passes through layers and layers of flying buttress, the majestic sculpture of the goddess of victory on the spire entered our view.


Yet another breeze of wind brushes past us, and the palm leaf that the goddess is lifting high up is jingling.


MC: Hey, what's that? Can the experienced Tour Guide Jesse tell me?


Jesse: That is the goddess of victory in Seville, Giralda. It's also the origins of this clocktower's name.


Jesse: What's in her hand is a palm leaf-shaped weather vane, watching over the weathers of this city.


MC: How cool...


Jesse: This is bad, according to the directions of where the leaf is pointing to, it'll probably rain later.


MC: Really? Isn't that amazing?


Jesse: Well that's what I heard.


As if it's to confirm his words, the scorching sun is gradually swallowed by a giant cloud.


MC: Then let's take note of the weather, so when it really rains we can run back into the clocktower for shelter.


I turned around, Jesse is burying his head and searched for something in the bag, then took out an umbrella right after and looked at me triumphantly.



Jesse: See? I have already made thorough preparations.


Jesse: The goddess protects her land, just like-- no matter the weather, the knight will always protect the goddess in his heart.


#2 Jamon


MC: So this is the legendary Jamon (Spanish Ham)


15 minutes ago, our eyes have been focused on the chef carrying the ham as we watched him extremely fast knife skills to slice a plate of ham for us.


Jesse picked up a slice with a form, the half translucent, bright red ham is as thin as the cicada wings. He extends an arm to me, and sent the sliced ham to my lips.



Jesse: Give it a try, how's the taste?


Although I knew this is sliced raw ham, but my heart still beat a little faster when it's sent to my lips. Forget it, I'm here to try something fresh. I closed my eyes, and bit on Jesse's fork.


MC: Wow, it's really good!


The taste is surprisingly good, it's fresh and delicate, even carrying a little sweetness in it, and it melts in the mouth in an instant.


I quickly grabbed my own fork, and just when I picked a slice up, my wrist is already grasped by someone.


Jesse: Give me this bite.


The heat from his palm flowed from where he held on my wrist all the way towards me. In this public area, my heart subconsciously skipped a beat.


Jesse: Jiejie, I've already given you the first bite, can't you satisfy me just this once?


MC: ... You're acting shameless again.


A pair of green eyes blinked as he looked at me. My hand subconsciously let go of its strength, allowing Jesse to deliberately hold my wrist as he places the silver fork into his mouth.



Jesse: Mm, delicious.


MC: What a rash review.


Jesse: It's fed by you, so it's very, very delicious.


I raised my head, and faced right into a pair of smiling eyes, just like a golden retriever that has its conspiracy succeeded.


Very quickly, we can already see the bottom of the plate of ham.


Just then, a rich scent of charcoal grill wafted to us. Jesse and I began looking around in tacit, there's a group of people surrounding by the fireplace, looks like that's the source of the scent.


Jesse: I'll have a look.


A short while later, Jesse carried a piece of chestnut cake as he walked towards me.


MC: Did you order an additional piece of cake?


Jesse: That's not it. It's a free from the tavern because it's Halloween.


MC: Why is Halloween related to chestnut?



Jesse: In Spanish legends, each chestnut represents that a soul has received peace in the heavens after their passing.


Jesse: Hence on the day Halloween, some shops and plazas will distribute chestnut-related food.


MC: What a wonderful custom...


Jesse: Perhaps in their opinion, to those who have passed, their greatest wish is for those who are living to be able to eat chestnuts happily.


I cut a small slice of the chestnut cake and bit off half of it. Jesse grabbed onto my hand with a smirk, then sent the remaining half into his mouth.


The flickering candlelight reflected in Jesse's eyes as it burns in full of vitality, as if it'll never be extinguished.


#3 Setas de Sevilla



Jesse promised to show me a different Seville. At the end of the alley in the ancient city, a giant white "mushroom" is exceptionally eye-catching. We shopped from the lowest floor, and I didn't expect that there's an ancient ruin under the futuristic building.


It feels like we're passing through a tunnel of time. Now that I am reminded of the "future recycling" theme for the next season, some inspirations have gradually appeared in my mind.


Jesse smiled as he looked at me: "Since I have provided inspiration to you this time, how about I become your model?"

 

"It seems like... you're lacking in height," I measured him up from top to bottom.

 

This fella straightened his body with an unwillingness to lose: "I'm already 180.5cm after bone setting, I'll measure for you when we get back if you don't believe it."

 

(His official height is 179cm lol)


#4 Monumento a Cervantes


It's sunset. We're strolling in between the high rise buildings in the new city area, and suddenly there's an open front before us.


The plaza doesn't have much signs of people, only with an eye-catching bronze sculpture of a knight and a marble monument at the center.



MC: A knight with its skinny horse, is this a sculpture of Don Quixote?


Jesse glanced at the description signboard, and nodded at me.


Jesse: Yes, also the person who created this knight.


Surrounded by the tall buildings, the marble sculpture Cervantes quietly sits as he faced the fountain. The bronze became the knight that he penned*, froze at that instant of him holding his sword up.


*T/N: The monument to Cervantes was commissioned by King Alfonso XIII in 1915, on the 300th anniversary of the publication of the second part of Don Quixote.


Jesse raised his head, and stared at the sculpture in a particularly serious expression.


Jesse: Y/N, have you read "Don Quixote" before?


MC: I haven't read it completely, but I've roughly heard of its story.


Jesse: I'm done reading~ During that period of time when I have just arrived Europe, I will read some knight novels from time to time.


Jesse: Whenever I'm unhappy, I will immerse myself in imaginations.


Jesse: Imagining myself to be all mighty, capable to bring myself to protect everyone by my side, and protecting the princess from afar.


Jesse's tone sounded down, yet his expression is extremely calm.


MC: Tangyuan...



Jesse: But after that, there are no such leisure time for me anymore.


Jesse: After my father passed away, I have finally understood that fantasies will always stay as fantasies, even the knight swings his sword in the air towards the windmill, he'll never be able to win over the windmill.


Jesse: I have to do certain things, to shoulder certain things, and only with that I can truly become a knight that can protect everything.


Jesse smiles as he looked towards me.


Jesse: I'm sorry, I just happened to recall some things...


MC: Dummy Tangyuan, what are you apologizing about? I as just thinking that it'd be great if I could stay by your side back then...


Jesse smiled as soon as he heard my words. He walked towards me in large strides, and held my hand.


Jesse: It's not late for you to stay by my side now too.


The youth's palm is still as warm as usual. With my hand tightly held by him, it feels like I can feel this brave and scorching soul.



MC: You've already made it, as a true knight.


Just then, the musical fountain suddenly sounded, and the fountain waters gushed up to the air, refracting a dazzling, rainbow-like color under the sunset. Jesse and I exchanged glances for a second.


MC: Your mightiness, your mission now is to accompany me to watch the musical fountain over there.


Jesse: Duly noted, my princess.


#5 San Gines



Jesse wanted to show me a Spanish "You Tiao"*, and woke me up super early in the morning. We walked through the quiet alley in the morning, and arrived this famous breakfast shop.


*T/N: Chinese streetfood made of flour. It's usually two strips of flour stuck together and fried, a little savory, sometimes has sesames. Pairs well with soy milk.


The waiter served a hot cup of chocolate and a plate of golden "You Tiao"-- Jesse said it's called churros.


This fella said he's going to demonstrate on how to eat it, excitedly took one, dipped it with full of chocolate sauce, then under my enthusiastic gaze-- he obediently handed it to my mouth.


I gave it a bite in satisfaction, the fried item's crispiness is paired with a just-perfect sweetness, and my heart feels like it's melted by the chocolate, and my day has started with great mood.


#6 La Muralla de Avila



We are strolling in the ancient city of Avila. The blue skies is slowly dyed in rose colors, long castle walls are starting to be lit up in bits of light, brightening the colorful bricks.


The colorful castle wall and tower stands under the light, and it feels like it's a quiet witness of how time has passed.

 

"If this castle wall could talk, it'll definitely tell us a very long, interesting story," I spoke as I had a weird imagination as I looked towards the castle gates.


"Perhaps at the end of the story, it'll tell us that the princess and the knight has lived happily together," Jesse quietly whispered by my ear.


#7 Palau de la Musica


Jesse enthusiastically introduced this musical palace to me. It's a coincidence that there aren't performances during the day, so we are lucky enough to visit the empty building.



Jesse: This is the aisle heading towards the performance hall. The theatrical photos of famous actors will all be hung here.


MC: Hum, you're promoting this place to me so hard, is it because your most handsome picture is hung here?


Jesse: Since when I'm this narcissistic? It's just from my professional perspective, that this place is one of the most beautiful concert halls I've been to.


Jesse: Also, do I even need to pick which picture is the most handsome one? Each picture is the most handsome one.


MC: ... Who was the one saying he isn't a narcissist again?



Jesse: This is me being completely confident in myself alright.


In the midst of jokes, that photo has caught my gaze.


Under the rose-colored light, the youth in black immersed himself completely in his singing as he spread his arms open, the aquamarine pupils are just like a pool of azure waters, misting in sadness and deep yearnings.


On the wall of photographs with mainly photos from a distant, this close-up theatrical photo is particularly eye-catching, and it immediately brought visitors into the atmospheres of a theater play.


Jesse: This is the final scene of my tour here two years ago.


Jesse: At the end of life, the protagonist have waited for the goddess that welcomed his ascend to the heavens.


Jesse: I'll bring you to the spot that created this scene.


Jesse led me to the end of the corridor, skillfully opened a small door.


Jesse: Don't be too surprise later, okay?


I took a couple of steps up the staircase, and I can suddenly see the light before me. The rows of grand theater seats appeared before me, and only then I realized that I'm already on the stage of the musical palace.


The most eye-catching part is the inverted dome rooftop made of dazzling stained glass, with stars embellished in between, coming with a gradient color of cold colors of blues and greens from the edges slowly transitioning to the warm colors of reds and oranges, just like the red sun gradually rising from the sea's surface.


MC: It's too beautiful, it's really just like the heavens, holy and beautiful...


Jesse: This is the stage that is the most suitable for this play in my opinion.


Jesse stood behind me, and spread his arms just like that theatrical photo.


Jesse: Look, isn't this just like the ending of the story, where the protagonist has finally seen the goddess' silhouette in the midst of dazzles?


He slightly leaned down, first tentatively held my shoulders, and continued to give me a deep embrace after seeing my affirmative smile.


Sunlight passed through the bits of images on the stained glass, gently pouring over him. From my perspective, it feels like he's coming to me as he stepped over the morning suns, with millions of dazzling stars as his cape.


He held me tightly, and now we are the male and female protagonists in the midst of light.


The deep voice brushes past my ear.



Jesse: "It's the Love which moves the sun and other stars."*


*T/N: It's a line from "Love That Moves the Sun and Other Stars", a book by Dante Aligheiri.


#8 Museu Picasso



The museum is located in an ancient palace in the city. We looked at each display seriously, from the immature art from his youth until the classical works of cubism at later stage, the artist's growth is completely seen.


Jesse looked at me thoughtfully: "If you're going to organize an exhibition of works, you can decorate it this way too. I can even contribute some of your dark histories of your childhood, promoting your glorious deeds of your ambitions to become a designer since childhood."


"Don't you always think of my dark past," I patted him lightly. But after giving it a good thought, I actually think it might be a good idea, if there's a chance for me to organize my own exhibitions, I'll definitely keep the VIP ticket for him.






Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.