Main Story Chapter 13-23 (LIGHT END): Witness of the Past (过去的证人) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

6/17/2022 01:34:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

  

Before reading this chapter, please consider reading Chapter 13-21 here!


Alternatively, you may also check Chapter 13's Night end here!









I smashed the door open with the chair, and dashed out like crazy!



I can feel my footsteps floating vaguely, as though I'm entirely submerged in waters, where every sound around me sounding unreal, and it feels like my temples are swelling so much that it hurts.


I stopped a taxi, and the brake sounds of the tires were sharp and deafening. Just when I was about to open the door and board the taxi, a sound thundered from above.


You: !


Looking up, a giant advertisement board is wobbling as it crashes towards me.


My mind became completely blank.


I've never imagined there'd be a day where I'd die like this. How ridiculous.


The consciousness of survival made me to move backwards with my last bit of strength. That's all I can do now, I can no longer move my feet.


At the same time when my mind is blank, a golden ray occupied my sight, it's sad, yet warm, it feels like I'm being in a wheat field with breeze brushing over my body. Could this be the colors of heaven?


I feel my body becoming light, relaxed, and by the time I returned to my senses, I'm being held tightly into someone's embrace.


His body is still trembling, it's as though I'll disappear if he's just a little late.


I saw his face clearly.


You: Sariel...


I muttered, and I thought I was dreaming.



Sariel: It's me.


You: Aren't you attending to some matters? Why are you here?


Sariel opened his mouth and watched his hands becoming transparent, and swallowed his words.


He recalled what's written on the stone wall--


Three days later, Y/N will die at the junction of SiYu Road, it's a match to the destiny's trajectory, no interference required.


That's why the Supreme Elder would send people to attack them, then lead him back to Rainy Island step by step to bind him there to ensure the matter would happen.


If it weren't because Qi She managed to steal the key to release him out, perhaps what's written on the stone wall will become reality.


The time from the stone wall is getting closer, and his heart clenched tighter and tighter.



He wanted to run a little faster, and a little more faster, so he could reach the girl, and stop the disaster from happening.


He was first a tiny fox, and gradually, the tails turned into nine.


He doesn't mind the slightest even if he exposed his original form anymore, as though he's bewitched and lost his rationality, 


He no longer minds it anymore.


At that moment, he recalled what the girl said. She asked, Director, do you believe in gods? Do you want to have a good ending?


Sariel suddenly really wish to pray to the gods, for someone who hasn't believed in gods at all, can they give him a single chance?


He wanted to tell them that he regrets it now. He's now willing to believe in the presence of gods, he too, wanted a good ending.


So please, can they allow him to reach the girl sooner?



In Rainy Island from the distant, the ancient long corridor is as quiet as usual.


The wind lifted the elder's white beard, and also the bellflower beside the stone wall.



Supreme Elder: Just as I've expected, he has indeed departed...


The elder stares at the stone wall before him, raising an arm, as though he's wiping off the disguise, he wiped off the original writing on the stone wall.


Very quickly, another row of writing appeared on it--


Stone Wall: Y/N is rescued by Sariel at the junction of SiYu Road, it's a match of destiny trajectory, no interference required.

 



.

.
.
.
.


Alternatively, you may also check Chapter 13's Night end here!

Chapter 14-01 is translated here!



Until my next update, please feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!


If you'd like to support my translations, feel free to contact me for commissions or buy me a ko-fi here!


Until next update! :)



Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.