[Interview] Light and Night x Marie Claire: Osborn - Road towards Final Destination | 光与夜之恋×嘉人:荷尔蒙炸弹【萧逸:路向终点】

6/19/2022 09:14:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 





 


From Valentino Garavani:

Double-breasted Washed Taffeta Jacket in Black

Taffeta Shirt in Black

Mohair Pants in Black


From Cartier:

Cartier D'Amour Collection: Cartier D'Amour Earrings, Medium Model

Clash de Cartier Collection: Clash de Cartier Necklace in White Gold, Flexible Medium Model

Ecrou de Cartier Collection: Ecrou de Cartier Bracelet, Non-Rhodiumised White Gold

Pasha de Cartier Collection: Pasha de Cartier Watch, Skeleton, 41mm

Clash de Cartier Collection: Clash de Cartier Ring with Rhodium finish, Medium Model







Wearing a single diamond earring to display a fashionable attitude


A black double-breasted taffeta jacket with a deep V-neck shirt of the same material makes him look both stylish and casual.


The ribbed necklace complements his superior neck and muscular lines with additional charms


The overlapping of the silver-colored nut bracelet and the black and silver skeleton watch maximizes the tension.





- Introduction-






"I like the sounds of the wind howling by my ear when I speed, tossing all the bustlings and hypocrisies behind, with no need to turn around."




- Prologue-


As a top-class racer, not only does he require an overly strong physique and technical experience, strong psychological capability, and sharp sensing abilities are also required. Sometimes, a choice between mere seconds will affect the final results of the competition. Outside his career, Osborn is also a decisive man of action. To what he wants, he'll strive for it; To those around him, he'll protect and treasure them with all his might. To Osborn, he has already found the final destination he wishes to reach.




- Road towards Final Destination -






"Hello, I'm Xiao Yi. I've done a photoshoot for Marie Claire's magazine today. This is an oath of speed, and unlike speeding in competitions, I can control my speed and directions more freely this time." 

(You can listen to him saying this here)



The photoshoot has ended, and the night has darkened.


Osborn changed into his usual white T-shirt, taking out a lemon-flavored candy from his pocket, peeled the transparent wrapper off and tossed the candy into his mouth. Different from the hard-edged racer in the studio, Osborn who has taken off his helmet has kept his aggressive sharpness, looking more comfortably relaxed.


In the interview site, Osborn has a leisure and casual feeling of free and easiness, while also having the professional dedication in his focus at work. For simple questions, he will never respond perfunctorily towards simple question. For difficult questions, he will never dodge them either. Perhaps it's because he has entered the society at early age, you can see the clarity that is rarely seen among his peers from Osborn. But within that clarity, he still retained his direct honesty. To Osborn, I am me, there's no need to be pretentious, and there's also no need to hide.


Ever since he joined the R1 Professional team, Osborn has achieved an excellent result to be five-time professional racing champion under the attention of millions.


In competitions, not only in terms of competitive techniques of his rivals, Osborn also continuously surpasses the speed limits he set in the past at the same time. On racetracks, Osborn exudes his sharpness completely, where the speed in his speeding with his indescribably powerfulness are his brightest labels. Countless of anticipating gaze gathered for each time he competes, but Osborn doesn't mind about the comments from external world. To him, racing is not only his career, but his lifetime passion and pursuance. When faced with extreme speeds, he can forget his troubles, and toss off everything unnecessary behind his backs. "I'll surpass continuously not only to win, but because I want to break the limits". The goal of racing is the end of the racetrack, and the goal of the racetrack is to continuously surpass the limits.


When mentioned about the most popular topic on pets, Osborn said he has a tortoise, a cat and three dogs. He met the tortoise when he was traveling to the Lankamon Canyons, because it hasn't been willing to leave while relentlessly entering his backpack, so he brought it back from the red canyon. The cat and dogs are strays he picked up from the streets. The pets have their respective names, "the tortoise is named Xiaomander, cat is Xiao the First, the dogs are Xiao the Second, Xiao the Third and Xiao the Fourth," Osborn listed, "there's also Xiao the Fifth, also a member of our family. That's all of us present".


Xiao the Fifth isn't a pet, but a girl. They met during childhood, and had an accidental reunion last year. They've hiked the uninhibited snowy mountains, drove in the great canyons, and also listened to the sounds of waves hitting on the reefs. "Whenever I'm with her, I am instead becoming more capable to see the direction I wish to go". Because of her, Osborn has also attained many new experiences: controlling a drone, learning DIY cakes in baking classes... "Whenever I'm with her, I've experienced many things that I have never experienced in the past, and I've also experienced many feelings that I've never had".


Seeing those he wishes to see right away, and doing things he wishes to do right away. When a portion of people making this as their ideal state of life, Osborn chose to turn this ideal into actions. "Nobody knows what will happen on the next second. If this chance isn't grasped, perhaps there's no chance to meet again next time". In life, Osborn is a decisive man of action. If the other person wishes to see him or to head to a place somewhere with him, he'll appear right before her within the time of a single song.



"

No matter where I go,
I'll end up
returning to her side.

"


"I wanted to give her the best scenery. If she's willing to be of my company, we can always go for a journey to the edge of the world that we can depart whenever we want. If she is tired, she can hold onto the string of the kite, so with that, no matter where I go, I'll end up returning to her side."


Compared to the past, Osborn believes that he can control the speed and direction more freely in his hands.


"I've found the final destination I wanted to arrive."




- Interview -


marie claire: Our collaboration theme is "Hormone Explosion", it's said that everyone's hormone has a different scent, what do you think your hormone scent is?


Osborn: It's probably the scent of lemon and mint today, because I used a body cleanser of this scent yesterday. But, I suddenly recalled, that someone has been saying that I smell like black cedar.


marie claire: Then what's the type of hormone scent that you like?


Osborn: The scent of sea breeze and sea waters when I sail on the sea, and the taste when the lemon-flavored candy melts in my mouth. Also, the same scent of my body cleanser that I smelled before I sleep last night. 


marie claire: If you were to use a poem to describe the hormone response when you have a heartthrob, which would you choose?


Osborn: "Love me, sea and cloud, foam and wave."

 

*Divagación by Ruben Dario


marie claire: MBTI tests are very popular recently, do you know what MBTI you are?


Osborn: I know, it's ESTP, I think it's called something like the practitioner who lives in the moment. I recalled some of the traits from there like being adventurous, broad-minded, observant and more, I think they apply to me pretty well. But speaking of it, I feel like there are some parts that don't apply too, for instance, there are times I would find myself rather sentimental too.


marie claire: Reminiscing the past year, and looking forward to the next year, do you have anything that you'd like to say?


Osborn: On the racetrack of destiny, I've always been someone who moves against the winds. But fortunately, I've met a girl last year. She ran towards me bravely without hesitance, and from now onwards, I'm able to face everything while holding her hand. I will not hesitate because of the fear of future, and on our road towards eternity, we will never leave each other behind.



- - -


You can also read Sariel's here, Evan's here, Charlie's hereand Jesse's here!




Until next update on who-knows-when, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!


If you'd like to support my translations, feel free to contact me for commissions or buy me a ko-fi here!


Until next update! :)



Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.