Light and Night Sariel Solo Event: Records of Joy | 光与夜之恋 齐司礼单人活动【异日徜欢】(行乐漫记)

6/07/2022 05:20:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-



This is from Sariel's solo event. There are a total of 12 fragments of memories, categorized into three categories with four memories in each. In each category, there'll be a note written by Sariel. Collecting all three notes rewards you with the free 5* date. 


You can read the event prologue here.


A recording on YouTube with his voice clips can also be checked below: 



  

[01: Traditional Tossing]




1- Pitch-pot 

In the past, pitch-pot* is a game, and also an etiquette, and a symbol of your identity.


Sariel: "You can be happy for so long by only tossing an arrow into the pot, your happiness is really as simple as a child's."


*T/N: 投壶 or Pitch-pot is a traditional East Asian game that requires players to throw arrows or sticks from a set distance into a large, sometimes ornate, canister.



2- Archery

The tip of the arrow is dyed red, but turned into a deep black being polished across time.


Sariel: "Turns out that archery can be this simple*, the sole aim for every arrow shot is just to hit the bullseye."


*T/N: Sariel was once a general in war in eons ago, so archery to him has been a tool of war.


3- Wood Shooting *

The cone-shaped wood bottles scattered, as though they are musical instruments being played.


Sariel: "You said life is just like the wood shooting game, and the only difference is, humans have liberty in their choice between good and evil."


*T/N:  木射 (MuShe) is a Chinese ball game invented in the Tang Dynasty. There are 15 wood pillars, with 10 of them written with 仁、义、礼、智、信、温、良、恭、俭、让 in red, and 慢、傲、佞、贪、滥 written in black. The red ones are the virtues, and the black ones represents bad traits. The tosser of the ball will take turns to hit the pillars, and the team/ player that hits the highest number of red pillars wins the game. 


4- Javelin Throw

The traces left by the javelin has made a simple division between spaces.


Sariel: "I've told you, wherever you wishes for it to land, it'll head towards there."



Note 01: Changes on the Mind's Trajectory

Upon the touch on those familiar equipments, what welcomes me were not the feelings of sadness that I anticipated. Her gaze flowed with her honest, unconcealed feelings of anticipation, that I can't help but wanting to respond. Hold, aim, then release. Muscle memories are loyal as always, she cheered in excitement, and I too, felt a sliver of long-lost joy and comfort.


It's just that, when I lowered my head to look at my filled, yet empty palms, I realized that changes have already taken place.


People who put all their stakes on the dice never pays attention to the starting point, only with the distant, unreachable ending in their eyes, tossing their stubbornness with their lives, but they can never reach the shore they wished to land on, then painfully live the rest of their lives alone. Perhaps I am already now different from them.


This is actually very good, I think. Being in a bizarre world, before obsessing over the ending and the final destination, I might as well try to leave everything to the present.





[02: Outdoor Trip]


5- Bicycle 

The bicycle spins its gears, a simple machine could bring people to wherever they wish to go.


Sariel: "Even if I can't see it, I could still feel the tiny movements you're doing behind my back, just like an unsettling little animal."



6- Rock Climbing

As soon as the climb begins, unless you chose to fall, otherwise the only thing you can do is to keep climbing up.


Sariel: "Clumsy bird, you don't have to keep inspecting my safety gear, this height is nothing to me."


*T/N: Sariel has a trauma of heights, because he once jumped off from somewhere very, very high (reference to his summer date).


7- Flying Kites

What we're letting go isn't just the kite, but also the beliefs and obsession of the one releasing the kite.


Sariel: "It's not that I have no obsessions, it's just that you've always been staying by my side."



8- Rowing Boats

The waters are pushed back, and that's how we're allowed to move forward.


Sariel: "With you by my side, I will not fear to move against the upstreams."



Note 02: Reunion with the World



In every moment we sit down face to face and chat idly, her favorite topic has always got to do with the sceneries I've seen. "If you're this curious about the world, then instead of being a fashion designer, you should've become a traveler," I teased. "All I care for is the world in your eyes," she refuted.


Perhaps she doesn't know, that for someone like me who has walked alone over thousands of years, and having myself seen all the luscious and rotten sides of this world, the world in my eyes has been reduced to a field of wilderness and a patch of blue sky, where a soaring bird is what constitutes the sole sign of life. 


Traveling with her, walking by only relying on our feet, seeing by relying on our eyes, where everything returns to simplicity, where everything returns to a place where my heart originally intends to go.


For this, I feel more fortunate than ever. Before all the strengths in my body are used up, I can at least enjoy some time journeying with her. The bits of wonders she brings to the world is enough to support me in finishing the following journey that is long, long ahead.




[03: Leisure Entertainment]

9- Claw Machine


They are laying in that glass room, quietly waiting for the person that will bring them away.


Sariel: "I think, that little fox plush is probably very happy that you brought it away."


10- Whack-a-mole

The sounds of hammering sounded continuously, but the cheeky mole has not the slightest injury.


Sariel: "Although you've tried your best to cover it, but I still saw your secretly smiling lips. Looks like it isn't a bad thing to occasionally have something I'm not skillful at."



11- Shuffleboard*

A puck that has the name of a fox* is now having a different dream.


Sariel: "The puck is pushed towards the end of the long table, and your smile is my reward."


*T/N: Shuffleboard in CN is 沙狐球. The 2nd character is the same word as 'fox'.


12- Ludo

In the world of Ludo, everything are related to that tiny dice.


Sariel: "This is an activity that relies on luck, but luckily, in wherever you're present, my luck are always never too bad."



Note 03: Happiness Above All

The unavoidable fate of everything that can be subjectively judged, is to be placed on a measurement of depth and shallowness, as well as of elegance and philistinism. People praise fashion with "classiness" and "avant-garde", then degrade games with "shallow" and "unintelligent". Therefore, the "calm and mature" adults are stripped off their rights to have fun arbitrarily.


"Why is that so?" She looked upwards and asked me. "It's because they don't know how to laugh, so they have forgotten what true happiness really is," I answered.


The chase after meaning is the refuge for many great ideas. But above that, those being overlooked are the most precious experiences.


And so I thought, wouldn't the false sense of order and the priori justifications of mortality being a game in itself? With spirits and souls falling deeply within, chasing after the noble values, but in fact they are all mere acts of all kinds of established absurdities.


Then, why don't we choose another way to rebel against it? But before that, in a world filled with limitations, all I want to do is to protect her smile.








Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.