5☆ Event Date with Sariel - Alongside the World (与世同行) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

6/10/2022 02:12:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Before reading this date, please read this prologue as well as the event memories and memos for context!





You can check the recording here if you'd like, but you might find ads from the music copyright owners.




- Prologue -



The summer days are beautiful and clear, with sounds of noisy cicadas played by ear. The continuous rainy days just ended, and Guang Qi city has finally received its bit summer's coolness.


At times like this where the heatwaves have yet to arrive, nor the coolness is completely gone, it's extremely suitable for an outing.


After I've "cried" for days, Sariel handed two carnival tickets at the perfect timing. Hence, we are both appearing in the venue for "Vigour Moving Carnival" at this moment. 



You: ... 9, 10, 11, 12! We've finally collected all 12 stamps, we can now exchange for the mystery reward!


A mystery reward can be unlocked upon collecting sufficient commemorative stamps in the venue, and this is the special program that is only open on weekends.


In satisfaction, I placed the commemorative handbook away and leaned on the bench by the roadside. The bright sunlight gently pouring onto my face. I closed my eyes, and my body have also became lazy in appropriation.


Sariel: Fell asleep already?


In a blur, it feels like I've heard Sariel's voice. I raised an arm to cover the blinding sunlight, and squinted as I looked at him.


Different from the usual strict and professional-looking suit, Sariel is wearing a casual top today. The sunlight is casually pouring between his strands of hair and body, outlining a faint, blurry glow.


You: Sariel, have I said this today...


Sariel: What did you say?


You: You look really good when you're dressed like this, the cutting fits you very well!


The delicate face shows a moment of surprise. A moment later, he averted his gaze unnaturally.



Sariel: Did you go somewhere to improve the art of praising? You have been recently saying that I look good no matter what I wear.


You: Because it really looks good on you! It shows that your body is taller and more well-built.


Sariel: ... You're forbidden from sprouting nonsense.


You: What do you mean by nonsense, this is called the pursue of truth, I've always been serious whenever I praise you.


Sariel: If that's what you said, then I suppose that's the case.


Sariel looks at my confident demeanor a little helplessly, handing the handkerchief in his hand closer to me, and only then I understood the intentions behind him calling out to me.


Sariel: Wipe it yourself, your head is full of sweat.


I obediently took the square handkerchief and covered it on my cheeks, and the faint scent of white sandalwood seeps into my nose. In an instant, the tiredness after playing around have all disappeared, and my mood has also calmed down.


You: I like this scent!



Sariel: This is for you to wipe your sweat, not for you to sniff.


You: Yes, I know, I know.


I opened the handkerchief and wiped it across my skin. The soft yet dense down brought the damp and sticky sweat away, only leaving me with a refreshing feeling.


You: I'm done.


I handed the handkerchief back to him. Sariel leaned down and examined my face, his serious expressions is as though he's really examining the results, then pointed at my forehead.


Sariel: On your forehead.


You: Hm?


Without waiting for my response, Sariel has already taken the handkerchief from my hand, picking my fringe up, and gently wiped the little beads of sweat on my forehead.


Him suddenly leaning in made the surrounding scent of white sandalwood a little richer, blending with the scent on the handkerchief, that I can no longer differentiate the source of this alluring fragrance.


From my forehead to my temples, after each and every inch of my skin are carefully wiped, Sariel finally lets me go.


Sariel: You can only say it's done now.


You: Mm... I didn't even realize there's still sweat on my forehead, you're more attentive than I do.



Sariel: If you haven't been complaining about having pimples on your forehead on a daily basis, I wouldn't pay extra attention over there either.


You: Oh right, I almost forgot, it's easy to have pimples if I leave my forehead stuffy with sweat.


Sariel: Good that you know.


You: As expected of you, healthcare expert Sariel.


I smiled as I looked towards Sariel, and he only raised his arm, and softly pinched my face.



Sariel: You can't remember anything else, but you're quick in coming up with nicknames.


He was clearly checking in to so many attractions with me earlier, but Sariel still look calm and composed, it doesn't even look like there's a single drop of sweat on him.


Sariel's even and firm muscles that I felt earlier* appeared in my mind, in addition to the various sorts of dangers we've been through**, everything seemed to have its answer now.


*Referring to the ASMR card

**All sorts of stuff, like MC almost getting herself killed in his Side Story, and Main Story Chapter 13-07, and more.


You: Turns out that Erdas and humans are essentially different after all...


Sariel frowns lightly, and showed a puzzled expression.


Sariel: What are you muttering about?


You: I'm saying that your physique is really good, you don't look like you're tired at all, not even sweating much.


Sariel: Well isn't this all thanks to a certain someone?


You: Eh?


Sariel: A certain someone said she's coming here to move her body, but the attractions she chose-- Either they are so unpopular that there aren't many people challenging them, or stamps are awarded as long as there's participation.


You: Those are the attractions that I've chosen carefully! Moreover, it's lesser efforts to achieve the goal, it's easy peasy for us to collect enough of stamps!


I opened the commemorative booklet, showed it to Sariel, and winked at him confidently. Sariel took a glance at the booklet, and a tease exudes from his gaze.


Sariel: Seeing how you looked when your head was completely drenched in sweat, it doesn't seem like it's anywhere easy either.


You: ... Well that's because the weather is too hot.


Sariel chuckled softly, no longer responding to my superficial refutes, only to fold the used handkerchief tidily, and placed it back to his bag.


You: Can you give me a handkerchief?


Sariel: What's wrong?


You: I'll put it in my pocket to wipe it myself next time, so I don't have to trouble you.


The slender fingers pulling the zipper made an obvious pause. Sariel then takes out a clean handkerchief and placed it onto my palm.


In the plaza beside us, a dazzling splash suddenly bloomed at the water fountain and attracted cheers from the crowd. In the midst of bustles, I faintly captured a faint tone of speech.



Sariel: ... Who says that I find you troublesome.


You: What did you say?


Sariel: Nothing. Are you planning to live on this chair and not exchange for your reward?


Only then I suddenly recalled the mystery reward that I forgot for a moment, and immediately leaped from the bench.


You: Let's go, let's go now!


Sariel takes a look of the map on the commemorative booklet, and led me to the redemption area.


You: I'm so curious, what kind of reward would it be?



Sariel: It probably won't be more boring than whack-a-mole*.


You: Pfft!


Recalling what happened earlier, I can't help but to burst out in laughter.


*Please read the event memories and memos for context if you haven't~


Sariel was the one that collected the stamps for almost all attractions we participated today, only whack-a-mole was the exception. It's a rare sight for Sariel to be in a flurry as someone who does everything easily.



Sariel: I'm just unskillful in handling species that always jump around*.


You: Oh, including me?


*Please check the prologue for context if you haven't~


Meeting my teasing gaze, Sariel's gaze averted a little.


Sariel: ... Don't simply put yourself in the shoe.


Sariel turned away, remained silent for a moment, then his voice wafted over again.


Sariel: If I had to say it, you included, and you are the one that is the hardest for me to handle.


As we chatted, we've arrived the prize redemption area. I didn't expect it to be a tall and spacious building.


The pure black wall is embellished with a few bright neon signboards, as though the few bright stars in the quiet nights.


You: Are you sure that this is the place? Looks kinda mysterious.


Sariel opens the map and reconfirms it again, then nodded.


Sariel: Let's go in and have a look.


CG Hospital LOL


The automatic door opened slowly, and the bustling music and noises from the crowd surged out like the long-trapped elements of activeness, leaving a tint of activeness and excitement to the quiet atmosphere outside the building.


Staff: Congratulations to the both of you for unlocking the mysterious reward-- Free-to-enjoy in Vigour's trampoline park!


You: Wow, it's a trampoline park!


I dragged Sariel's arm and jumped in excitement. Sariel gazes at me, and subconsciously exudes a sliver if smile across his face too.



Sariel: Do you like it very much?


You: Of course! There are so many fun attractions in. here, we can play them all one by one!



Sariel: You're truly a clumsy bird that likes to jump around.


You: Yeah, so jump around with me!


I showed him a great smile, and Sariel can't hold back from letting out a smile too.


Sariel: You truly are my jinx*.


*He said this once in Chapter 9-10.



Led by the staff, we finished our redemption smoothly, and arrived the indoor storage room.


Staff: Please store your belongings well, and read the safety tips and warm up before entering the venue.


You: Okay, thank you.


The door is softly closed, and the sounds of the warm up exercise video from the small TV echoed throughout the spacious store room.


After storing the bag, I began warming up according to the movements in the video.


You: Ugh...


My long hair covers my sight with only a single bending stretch. By the time I stood up, my face looks just as messy as if I just survived a hurricane.


I tidied my hair somewhat embarrassingly, and I subconsciously blamed myself for forgetting to bring a hairband before I head out.


Just then, a soft chuckle sounded from behind.


Sariel: Do you need this?



I turned around and looked over, Sariel is sitting on a stool at the center of the storage room, with a hairband in his hand.


Sariel: Figured that someone would definitely forget to bring something.


Though making fun of me from his mouth, but the pair of golden eyes that are usually cold is now flowing with warmth and smiels.


The dazzling sunlight of early summers outlines his figure, his well-defined features are hence seemingly particularly soft, that I can't help but to take a few more looks at him.



Sariel: What are you still spacing out for?


Seeing that I'm not moving, the beautiful gaze frowned slightly.


Sariel: Just be honest if you want me to tie your hair for you, don't stand there in a blur like a log.


I snapped back into my senses, and blinked while pretending to look innocent. Looks like I got misunderstood, but this is a great deal without loss for me. I immediately spread my arms and cheered.


You: Yay! Sariel is indeed my God!


Sariel raised a brow, then pointed towards the stool beside him.


Sariel: I'd actually like to see the kinds of patterns you can use to talk about me.



You: If we're talking about praising you, I can probably praise you in different ways throughout my entire lifetime.


I sat down as I leaned into him, feeling his slender fingers slowly being inserted between my hair, and carefully combing my slightly messy hair.


The pair of hands then gently caressed my neck and ear, gathering the scattering hair one by one.


Although it's summer, but Sariel's hand is still slightly cold. However, the patches of my skin that were brushed by his fingertips have weirdly began to heat up, and my heartbeat subconsciously accelerated.


Sariel: Don't move.


You: Mm... Okay.


Sariel held onto my long hair, and gathered them to my crown.


Sariel: Is this too tight?


You: It's not tight, it's just perfect.


A moment later, Sariel stopped the movements in his hands.


Sariel: It's done.


I ran towards the mirror to have a look. My hair is tied into a playful bun, refreshing and cute, it's even prettier than the one I usually tie for myself.


You: Your art is too wonderful! It's even better than the one I comb myself!


Sariel did not utter a word, but a faint curve is seen from the corners of his lips, as though the bits of splashes from the waves on the surface of a quiet ocean.



After tidying up, we put on anti-slipping stockings, warmed up, and finally entered the inner hall of the trampoline park.


The interior decoration is simple and of good taste, the main part are mainly trampoline areas, with a great variety of entertaining attractions surrounding it.


Just when I was about to drag Sariel towards the trampoline area, I noticed that the area is not only crowded, but it's also fully surrounded by cameras-- there are many influencers filming their videos.


Facing this chaotic scene, even I would feel a little annoyed, it's definitely even more so for...


I gazed upon Sariel, and as expected, he is indeed frowning.


You: How about we have a look at other areas for now?



Sariel: Okay.


The upbeat melodies are playing in the air, where joyful laughters filled every corner of the venue.


Looking around, I've decided to--



- Choice: Where should we go first?-


- Do Nothing -


Since it's the weekend, the trampoline park as the new viral check-in spot is now overflowed with crowd, and wherever my gaze reaches, it's all hustles and bustles.



You: It's so crowded... I'm also feeling tired from playing for so long, how about we just have a seat at the louge?


Sariel took a glance at me, and gazed over the black trampoline not far away from us.


Sariel: It's a rare opportunity to have somewhere for you to release your excessive energy, are you sure that you don't want to experience it even for a bit?


You: I've already tried many interesting attractions, so I'm already very satisfied! As for trampolines, there would definitely be many other chances to experience it again next time!


Sariel: Mm, you can experience it on the bed and sofas at home.


You: That's not what I mean!


A demure hum sounded by my ear. I gazed up to find a sliver of mischievousness flashing from the pair of golden pupils. What tightly follows, is Sariel holding my right hand, and brought me towards the lounge.



Sariel: It's not like you can't bounce around at home either.


You: No need for that, I'm not that active either. Moreover, the springs will be broken if I kept jumping...


Sariel: So I plan to buy a kid's trampoline, so Qi She* can use it to lose weight too.


*The little lizard's actual name.


You: You...


I became speechless all of a sudden, only to indignantly squeeze the hand holding mind. Sariel frowned slightly along with my actions, then soothed his frown away, and his gaze is filled with relaxed smiles.



Upon arriving the lounge, the tiredness from playing for half of the day has finally surged. I can almost fall asleep even if I'm just supporting my cheek with an arm.


A voice sounded in a trance. Sariel seemed to have spoken something to me, but I can't hear a single word from being sleepy, only staring at him in full sleepiness.


Sariel (sighing): ......


Consciousness is gradually getting blurrier, I felt a pair of warm hands holding my body, and slowly brought my head to lean towards his shoulder.


In the midst of relaxing melodies and the faint scent of sandalwood, I closed my eyes, filled with reassurance.





- Calling: To the wobbling bridge -



Other than the trampoline area, there are also many entertainment facilities in the venue. Just when I'm feeling troubled to decide which to play, a bright red banner attracted my attention.


You: The great stage of the wobbling bridge, come challenge if you have the courage!



Sariel: What nonsensical...


I quickly pointed at the banner.


You: See that banner over there? It's standing there so fiercely, isn't it trying to provoke us?


Sariel: Do you have nowhere else to express the surplus in your imaginative powers?


You: Aiya, look at the next line would you? -- Heavenly prizes awaits couples who challenges it successfully! Let's give it a try, who knows we might win the prize!


Just when I was about to drag Sariel over, I gazed upwards to notice a tint of redness quietly climbing towards his ears. The usually cold gaze is now tenderly gazing on the word "couple".


I immediately understood what happened, my cheeks are subconsciously burnt, and I stood in a daze. Sariel notices it, and hooked my fingers.


Sariel: Didn't you say you wanted to challenge it? Let's go.


You: Oh oh okay.



The wobbling bridge is a bridge that wobbles, separated into three parts of suspension bridge, ropeway, and a solo tunnels, where each segment are set up with giant sponge pools underneath that can fully guarantee the safety of participants.


After having basic warm ups, I took the lead to step on the suspension bridge. The moment the bridge receives a force, the suspension bridge wobbles vigorously, and my body wobbled along with it.


You: Ah--


Sariel: Watch out.


Before I can respond to anything, a large hand is stably supporting my palm, gentle yet powerful. A reassuring warmth passes through the touching skin, it's Sariel's warmth.


You: Thank you... I didn't expect it to be this wobbly.



Sariel: It's called the wobbling bridge, of course it'd wobble, otherwise do you think they are doing this to fool children?


You: That's true, there won't be a prize without some difficulties too.


Sariel: Yeah, take note of maintaining your balance afterwards.


I nodded, and continued walking forward. A moment later, there are visitors boarding the bridge, and the bridge began to wobble again. With experience in hand this round, I quickly spread my arms to stabilize my core, and stabled myself very quickly.


You: Well isn't that easy!


Gradually getting accustomed to the wobbly feelings, I am now able to move freely on the suspension bridge. I subconsciously accelerated, and I'm even leaving Sariel behind me now.


You: It's the ropeway next, I can do this!


The smooth pass earlier allowed me to lower my guards, but the ropeway has a higher difficulty. Right when I stepped onto the thin and long hemp rope, my body wobbles so much it's about to fall.


I quickly grabbed onto the rope on both sides, and barely managed to maintain my balance. However, after maintaining the posture for a while, the bottom of my foot began to hurt as though there's a cramp, and I'm no longer capable to move it forward.


I suddenly feel a little panicked, remaining stunned without moving, and only to subconsciously call out to Sariel--



- Try calling out to him!-




- Outcome 1: Say gibberish-


The surroundings are too noisy, and my voice was too demure, so there were no responses even if I called out for a few times. I can't help but to feel increasingly anxious, began recalling what happened earlier, and I can't help but to blame my recklessness.


You: Sigh, I shouldn't have ran so fast. Why didn't I wait for Sariel? Now... Eh?


Perhaps it's because I've spaced out that my attention is moved away, the pain from my foot has miraculously disappeared by the time I moved it again.


I feel joy all of a sudden. Right after, Sariel's voice is heard from behind, with doubts filled his tone.



Sariel: Why are you stopping here?


You: Ah, oh, uh, this is a long story...


I stuttered in my explanation, and Sariel stunned for a moment as though he understood something, then lets out a soft chuckle.


Sariel: You were too nervous, relax a little.


You: Yeah yeah, I'm alright now.


I turned away in awkwardness, and continued to move forward slowly.




- Outcome 2: Call him by his name (Qi Si Li)-


Shortly after, Sariel arrived, and looks at me somewhat nervously.



Sariel: What's wrong... are you having a cramp?


I nodded in embarrassment, and suddenly felt a warmth at my ankle. Sariel lowered his body to massage it.


Sariel: There aren't any problems here, can I...


You: Yeah, you can.


After hesitating for a moment, the pair of hands slowly moved upwards, gently massaging in every inch it touched, and finally stopped a little above my knee.


The touch is very light, but it tingles a sense of numbness, even my breathing became a little hurried.


Sariel: Were you being too nervous?


You: Eh?


Sariel: Your leg, relax it a little. Try raising this leg, allow it to hang in the air.


You: Oh okay.


I followed his instructions obediently, and the tensed muscles immediately relaxed, and the pain on my foot slowly disappeared. I looked towards Sariel in joy, and his deep frowns have also soothed out.



Sariel: Are you feeling a little better now?


You: All good now!



Sariel: Mm. Don't be nervous, it's not as difficult as you imagine. Slowly walk forward, I'll look after you.


The golden pupils that are focused on me is overflowing with tenderness. Suddenly feel very reassured, I nodded softly, and walked towards the finishing point.






- Outcome 3: Call him 'hubby' or 'baby' or 'love' (in Chinese)-


Hurried footsteps are heard from behind, and Sariel rushed over very quickly, ears still exudes a tint of redness.



Sariel: What are you simply calling out for, trying to prove our identity as a couple?


Well that's actually a new way of thinking. I nodded continuously.


You: Ah yes yes yes, can't I?


Sariel (clears throat): ... Suit yourself.


Sariel's line of gaze moved towards my stiffened body, and his worries are shown on his face.


Sariel: What's wrong?


You: My foot hurts a little, I might be having cramps.


I lowered my head, and moved my ankle a little helplessly. Suddenly, my body is held up into the air, and stably placed on the suspension board.


Sariel knelt by my side, with an arm wrapped behind me, and another gently massaging my foot. He poked a sensitive spot, so I subconsciously trembled a little.


You: Ugh... it hurts a little.


Sariel: I'm sorry, I'll be gentle.


His spoke very gently. I turned my head to look towards Sariel. He's now frowning deeply, and looking particularly serious.


Sariel: It's a short-term pain caused by muscle tension, try relaxing this part. How do you feel now?


I tried to move my foot, and the pain is already gone.


You: Wow, I'm good now!


Sariel lets out a long sigh in relief, and his tensed frown has finally soothed. He looked like he has something to say, then hesitated a little, and changed into an inquisitive tone.


Sariel: Do you want to continue with the challenge?


You: Of course! I'll definitely be careful this time.


A quiet, helpless sigh is heard by my ear. Sariel supports me as I slowly stand up.



Sariel: Then hold my hand tightly, let's walk to the finishing point together.


You: Okay!




- Intimacy: To the photo booth -


After looking around, the entire venue is squeezed with crowd. With my excitement fading away, I flipped the commemorative handbook in my hand with boredom.


12 commemorative stamps of all different patterns and styles are opened in a row, leaving their marks for the half-day joyful memories all onto the paper.


You: Ah, it's truly a special day.


As I continue to read across the pages, the few empty pages are laying at the end of the booklet in loneliness, making a sharp contrast with the pages filled in brightness.


You: It feels like something is still missing here.


Fingertips carefully caressing the hoarse papers, it's still blank, like an empty memory awaiting for someone to fill.


You: There it is!


I opened the commemorative booklet, and placed it in front of Sariel.


You: Sariel, can we take a few photos together and stick them here?


If memories aren't sufficient, then let's fill the emptiness of the last few pages with our smiles!


As though he could read my mind, a faint smile surfaced from Sariel's face.



Sariel: Okay.



The photo booth is set up at a corner of the souvenir shop. There isn't any of those usually seen large backdrops with standees to take pictures with, but a delicately furnished photography studio booth stands there.


Upon walking into the booth and tapping the screen, not only there are various attraction background images on it, but there are also various sorts of photography props and exaggerating effects.


You: Wow, well isn't this the purikura from childhood!


Sariel leaned down with me as his slender fingers glides across the screen.



Sariel: These decorations are silly, they are indeed a good match with your temperament.


You: It's not!


Sariel tapped the photography button and chose a bird headgear effect. My puffy, angry expression immediately pops out from the screen, with a yellow-colored bird headgear fitting perfectly to my face.


Sariel: See it for yourself, is it silly?


You: Hmph, aren't you also--


When I gazed towards Sariel on the other side of the screen, the bird headgear is surprisingly not appearing around his features.


Upon careful observation, turns out that half of Sariel's fringe droops too much that it blocked his eyes when he leaned down, and affected the camera's recognition feature.


You: Don't move for now okay? I'll bring your fringe up.


Hearing so, Sariel stood obediently. I tiptoed, and reached my arm out to--



- Try helping Sariel to bring his fringe up!-




- Outcome 1: Tap anywhere else but his hair-



[Tap on his shoulder] Did something caught on here?

[Tap on his hand] Holding hands even taking purikura?



[Tap on his leg] Um... over here, are you sure that you want to...?



[Tap on his abdomen] Hungry already? We'll eat later.



Perhaps it's because of the dim lights, after a series of panicked movements, I still couldn't help Sariel to bring his fringe up.


Upon turning back to look at the screen, the bird headgear is already automatically disappeared.


You: Ah, why is it gone...


Just when I was feeling a little troubled, a warm touch is felt on my cheeks--


Sariel leaned closer to me, chin almost leaning onto my shoulder. He encircled me completely from my back, and softly pinching my cheeks with his fingers.


He's close enough that I can even feel his warm breath lingering by my ear. It only takes a moment for my cheeks to turn scarlet.



Sariel: No special effects needed, there's already an adorably silly clumsy bird over here.


You (blushing): What are you talking about...


Though complaining, I still reached out for the shutter. Although there's no more special effects or background, but this moment of heartthrob is already worthy enough for me to treasure it forever.




- Outcome 2: Tap on his hair-



[Tap his hair] My fringe grew a little longer? Didn't notice that.


Sariel's hair is soft, like the fur on small animals. I gently picked a couple of strands covering before his eyes, and brought it upwards.


You: It's done!


The moment his hair is tidied, another green bird headgear popped from the screen, perfectly wrapping Sariel's face. Some childishness is immediately embellished onto the cold, handsome face.


You: Wow, how adorable! You suit the bird headgear too!


Sariel: ... It's too silly.


As soon as he said so, Sariel is about to reach out to switch off the special effect. I immediately tapped the shutter as soon as I saw him doing so.


You: Just let it be even if it's silly, since I'm the only one that can see your silly look anyway.


I mumbled as I raised my right arm as though I'm making a pledge.


You: I promise, I'll never spread these photos!


Sariel stunned. A moment later, his fingers tapped on the screen again, but it was to tap on a heart-shaped special effect. In an instant, Sariel and I are both wrapped within a giant heart.



Haha, now this is what's truly "corny" AND silly. I peeked at Sariel to find his gaze flowing with tender smiles, and I smiled softly too.


So what if it's "corny" and silly? At this moment, I can only feel sweetness filling my heart.





- Heartthrob: To the ball pit -


My line of gaze scans across the inner hall with basic black trampolines, and very quickly attracted by the bright colors from its side.


It is an extremely large ball pit.


The ball pit is packed with ocean balls of various colors, just like a dream filled with countless childhood innocence.

 

You: What a big ball pit, how about we play there?


Sariel: You take the lead.


Sariel nodded softly, allowing me to bring him towards the ball pit.


The moment I stepped into the ball pit, I raised my arms high, and pounced towards it as though I'm about to hug the grounds.


My line of gaze is instantly filled with color blocks of blue, white and pink, and with my tiredness being all wiped clean, I began enjoying the happiness of being surrounded by ocean balls.


This feeling of unrestrained freedom feels as though I've returned to an era of childhood.


I rolled around casually, and by the time I poked my head out from the pile of ocean balls, I only find Sariel staring at me as he stood upright from somewhere not far from me, exuding a sliver of confused doubt from his gaze.


You: Come over and play!


I waved towards Sariel, but only to find him gazing away somewhat bashfully.



Sariel: Ahem, I don't...


Halfway into his sentence, Sariel looked away, and the latter half of his sentence dispersed into the air in a blur. But judging from his drifting gaze, I immediately understood what he meant.


When I threw myself into the ball pit, I recalled the worry-free childhood that I had.


But for Sariel's long lifespan, I'm afraid that those distant memories has already turned into blurry afterimages.


Moreover, for something novel like ocean balls, Sariel probably also had not much chances to experience them.


No wonder he had an instant where he showed a helpless expression when I dragged him in.


I stood up from the embrace of the ocean balls, and walked towards Sariel.


The tall and slender figure stabs right at the entrance of the ball pit, looking at the ocean balls, then looked at me, showing a rare sight of a gaze at a loss, and it's rather adorable.


You: Sariel, this is probably your first time playing ocean balls, right?


The delicate, handsome face pursed his lips, as though he's nodding in a rather unwilling manner.


Sariel: Mm.


You: You won't experience the wonders of ocean balls if you stand here, you've got to do this--


I held Sariel's hand, and suddenly dragged him to get ourselves buried in the ball pit.


A large portion of our bodies are buried in the soft pile of balls, leaving with only our heads popping out as we stare at each other. The amber-colored pupils blinked quickly, stunned as they looked at me.



Sariel: The interesting part of it that you mentioned, is to bury ourselves like this? Looks like a silly wood pillar to me.


You: Yeah, being silly is what we're going for! When I was little, ocean balls are all placed in children park for the children.


Sariel: Yeah, I saw them in shopping malls before.


You: But now, just like this place, there are more and more ball pits made for adults. Perhaps it's because everyone are subconsciously missing the worry-free feeling of freedom. Unlike the venues we're usually in, in this place, all silly behaviours are accepted.


I smiled at Sariel, and extend my invitation by reaching an arm to him. 


You: So, we can play however we like!


Sariel showed a baffled expression upon hearing my speech, held my hand, then softly pinches my palm.


Sariel: You surely placed a lot of effort to find so much of excuses to justify silly acts. Forget it, we've received such a mysterious reward after all/


You: Hehe, that's right, you can't escape anymore, be a childish soul together with me!


As he looks at my smile, Sariel lets out a faint smile across his lips.



Sariel: Only for today, never again next time.


You: Understood, Teacher Qi's "never again next time" means "continue again next time".


Meeting Sariel's somewhat speechless gaze, I grinned as I tickled his palm in response.


Right at this moment, the squinted golden pupils suddenly widened, and a suspicious tint of redness surfaced across his cheeks.


Sariel: You--...


The prank is a success! I took a couple of steps a little complacently, and waved towards him.


You: If you wanted to "take revenge", then come after me!


Sariel stunned as he stares at me for a couple of seconds, as though his extremely long response time has finally delivered his impulse towards the ends of his nerves, that he finally let's out a chuckle softly..



Sariel: There's really nothing wrong about calling you a childish soul.


You: There's a certain someone who made a promise to be childish souls together with me today.


After winking towards Sariel, I skillfully pounced into the ball pit immediately, and very quickly "ran" a distance away like a fish in the waters.


I turned around to look back, but Sariel is still parting the ocean balls with difficulty, slowly moving towards me.


You: Looks like the all-mighty Teacher Qi has a time where he can't catch up to me.


Sariel: In terms of eating, drinking, or to have fun, I have never been a match to you.


You: Oh? Then is Teacher Qi planning to admit to defeat just like that? This doesn't seem like something you'd do at all...


Sariel: Hmph, this childish trick of provocation is ineffective to me.


Though saying so, Sariel has instead dived into the ball pit, and as though he has found t a trick, he used a standard swimming posture to smoothly part the colorful balls around him, and "swam" with all his might.


You: This prodding method really does show instant results...


I exclaimed as I continued accelerating and pouncing forward.


After I've "escaped" for some distance, I looked around, but I could no longer find Sariel's figure. The alarm in my heart is immediately set off.


You: Sariel?


In the vast ball pit, there's only the echo that responds to my calling in this emptiness, that I can't help but to feel a little panicked.


Just then, a sliver of familiar silver flashed by the corner of my eye. I immediately turned around to look over, and on the next second, a pair of powerful arms have already encircled my waist.


You: Eh?!


The sudden "attack" made me tremble all over. The numbing touch began spreading all over from wherever our skins contacted, and my heartbeat subconsciously accelerated.


Right after, a voice that I can't get more familiar with sounded right beside me.


Sariel: Caught you.


The silvery white head popped out before me. Just like a little animal, Sariel shook off his hair and body, stood right from the ball pit, watching me from above.


You: ... Is this the swimming ability of canines?


Sariel scoffed softly, but the pair of golden eyes are still as calm as ever, but I have instead differentiated the triumph from a victor.



Sariel: I'll advise you to not simply prod me. I was just needing some time to get used to it.


... He actually called me childish, but this guy is clearly about the same as me when he becomes childish too.


You: Okay then, the willing player is willing to admit defeat, it's your victory this round.


Sariel: What about my reward?


Looking at Sariel's serious gaze, I suddenly find this sentence sounding a little familiar*, but the scenario for that to happen seems to be quite different from now.


*MC always asks Sariel for a reward whenever she wins a bet lol


You: Pfft, I've always been the one pestering you for a reward, why does it look like we've reversed our roles today?



Sariel: I'm the winner today. You're the one saying that you're willing to admit defeat, so there should be a bet placed.


Sariel casually pats his sleeve, looks towards me again, and shows a teasing smile from his gaze.


As expected, he is as merciless as usual. I stared at him feeling a little dumbfounded, and I can only start thinking seriously.


You: Then the reward is, you can make a request as you wish, what do you think?


Sariel: That'll do.


Sariel nodded, then began pondering.


Time passed by seconds, yet the silence still spreads here. I blankly stared at him pondering seriously while standing like a log in the pile of ocean balls. I kept having the feeling that he'll propose an incredible request...


By the time my mind is wandering between nonsensical thoughts throughout the long waiting time, Sariel's voice suddenly sounded.


Sariel: Let's go there.


The slender fingers pointed towards the trampoline at the edge of the ball pit. Because there's a large trampoline area in the venue, the one in the ball pit is unvisited by anyone.


I looked at it, then looked at Sariel, and I almost thought I was hallucinating.


You: Are we trampolining?


Sariel: Yeah.


As soon as it's said, he made his move, and moved the calm ball pit that has just returned to its calmness. I looked at him in disbelief, and immediately followed behind him.


You: I thought you'd complain that these are all too childish...


I dissed in quietly, but a familiar warmth suddenly came from the spaces between my fingers.



Sariel: Because I've promised a certain someone to be childish fools together for the day.


Sariel held my hand as he envelops me tightly with his warmth. I tilted my head up and looked towards him, and within the clear, amber-clear golden pupils, it's clearly tinted with an unconcealed smile.


Right at this moment, I suddenly feel that although Sariel would sometimes mock me for being childish, but it's just a description from his lips. He has never disdained childlike innocence, and on the contrary, he even acknowledges it to certain extents.


Because that is the simplest yet the most wonderful thing that has accumulated deep in everyone's hearts, just like the soft belly that the little fox hides under its sharp gaze and fierce demeanour. 


The trampoline area is set right behind a giant slide. Following behind a couple of youngsters, we walked towards the top of the slide hand in hand.


Looking down from above, the ball pit looks just like a colorful sea, and the people laying themselves within are like scattered, lonely islands.


I can't help but to look at our tightly interlocked hands. Perhaps Sariel was once the beautiful yet also the loneliest island, but now, there has to be something that's already different.


A change like this is difficult to be placed into words, but quietly flowing in our lives.


Sariel: It's our turn.


Sariel's voice interrupted my train of thoughts. He nodded slightly towards me, and we sat together at the platform. There are two connected slides in front of us, just like how we are now leaning shoulder to shoulder.


Gazing up from our overlapped palms towards Sariel's handsome side profile, then focusing on the long slope before my eyes, I can't help but to feel a little nervousness surging up to my chest.


Sariel: Don't panic, hold me tight.


You: Okay!


The sounds of the flowing winds brushes by my ear as the feelings of weightlessness surges, but Sariel's warmth coming from my palm feels ultimately reassuring.


I turned towards him and met the pair of smiling golden pupils. Sariel's smiling greatly, and his smile is so bright.


In a trance, all of the troubles and bustlings have disappeared, our interlocked fingers are what's left between the distant skies and earth, our souls are lightly soaring in the skies, leaning into each other, and will never be separated.


Until we've both dashed into the ball pit, the colorful world is finally reopening itself before us.


We are still holding each other's hands tightly. Following the overlapping parts as I looked up, the pair of beautiful golden pupils are looking at me seriously.


Perhaps it's because of the flow of air during our descend, Sariel's ponytail became a little messy, some silvery white hair struggled off the hairband and curled up. There's nothing like how neat he usually looks.


I can't help but to burst out in laughter.


Sariel: What are you laughing at?


You: Don't move.


I raised an arm to touch the top of his hair and pressed the few stubborn hair that curled up. Sariel seemed to have also realized something, and obediently allowed me to act upon it.


You: It's done.


Sariel subconsciously shook his head, then pointed towards the trampoline not far away from us.


Sariel: Let's go.


Moving to the edge of the trampoline, while I'm still struggling in attempts to jump up, Sariel has already took a great stride on it, turned around and extended an arm towards me.


Sariel: Come up.


Borrowing his strength, I climbed up easily, and took a stride into the trampoline without hesitations.


The trampoline under my feet feels different from the children trampoline I've played during childhood. I bounced lightly, but I didn't expect to be bounced so high.


The moment my body is bounced midair, the cells throughout my entire body dashed up as if they are all lifted up at once. I could feel that I'm really turning into a bird soaring freely along with the winds.


I made a posture of spreading my wings like a bird, and Sariel couldn't hold back from bursting out in laughter.



Sariel: So is the clumsy bird finally going to fly now?


I smiled as I waved at him.


You: Hurry and come in to soar together with me!


Sariel: Okay.


Sariel joined me right when my feet landed.


You: With this, you are now also a species that jumps around just like me!


Sariel did not respond to me, but smiled beautifully. The little ponytail behind his head jumps along with his jump, as though it's signifying our overjoyed mood.


Just then, a bright tint of green flew past my line of gaze. My head suddenly feel light, so I touched my head in reflex.


You: Oh no, the hairband flew out!


My long hair scattered behind me. I looked around, but the hairband has already disappeared from sight. I can't help but to start mumbling.


You: What a pity... the bun you tied for me was so pretty.


Sariel looks at my somewhat regretful expression, but instead smiled slightly.


Sariel: If you like it, I'll tie it for you again next time.


You: Yay! All hail Sariel!


I rose my arms highly, bounced with more strength, and felt the rush of flying in the skies.


Until my body has quickly exceeded the height Sariel could reach, only then I came to a late realization that something has went wrong.


You: Eh?!


Being overly excited, I've completely forgotten that I was in sync with Sariel, and me bouncing all of a sudden has interrupted the original rhythms of the trampoline.


The trampoline bounces under my feet once again, and the suddenly interrupted inertia pushes us, that our bodies are now uncontrollably collapsing towards the ball pit.


Sariel: Watch out!



My vision is suddenly filled with a moment of chaos. Hearing the familiar voice, I reached my arms out by instinct, and immediately touched Sariel's firm yet warm shoulders.


The beautiful face shows a flash of surprise, and quickly tinted with a rather helpless smile.


Sariel: You're still a clumsy bird as expected.


Accompanied by the breath from his smile by my ear, a familiar warmth covers my waist and the back of my head.


Sariel held my waist with an arm, and caught the back of my neck with another, squeezing off the last space between us, and held me into his embrace.


My body is instantly shrouded by his warmth, the faint, elegant scent of white sandalwood wafts into my ear, and my panicking mood due to weightlessness is instantly calmed.


You: Sariel...


Sariel: Hm?


You: I think, the clumsy bird probably hasn't learnt how to fly yet.


Hearing so, the arm behind me tightens again. Unable to see Sariel's expression, I can only hear a very soft chuckle.



Sariel: Then in that case, you can peacefully lay in my arms until you've learnt how to.


The warm breath pours by my neck, and my heart suddenly felt so ever soft.


Like a new leaf that overlaps from two separate ones, Sariel and I are in each other's tight embrace as we fall into the ball pit. The ocean balls under us are all bounced off, lightly scattering into the air, as though it's a beautiful dream.



Just like this, we collapsed onto the ocean balls face to face, Sariel wrapping me in his arms, silvery white hair brushing against my cheek, like the soft caresses from a kitten's paw, leaving a soft yet ticklish touch.


I turned my head towards him to find the pair of golden pupils looking at me without blinking, with a silver of unconcealable panic flashing underneath.



Sariel: Are you alright? Are you injured anywhere?


You: I'm fine.


I shook my head, and softly rubbed myself against his arm in attempts to reassure him.


Sariel sat up, examined me seriously, and lets out a long sigh of relief upon making sure that I am not getting even the slightest injuries.


Seeing that I still show no intentions to get up from laying down, he frowned slightly.


Sariel: Do you plan to keep laying here? Be careful to not catch a cold.


You: Just let me lay here a little longer~


I purposely acted coquettish at him by dragging my tone. Sariel shows a helpless smile, and laid down beside me once again. 


The sounds of music and bustlings have all became distant, with only the our breaths and heartbeats being remained.


You: Sariel, are you happy today?


Sariel did not answer, but only pointed at a light blue ocean ball laying between us.


Sariel: Feel it yourself.


You: Feel?



Sariel: Don't you have your Talent?


Upon saying so, as though he's feeling a little embarrassed, Sariel turned his body away and looked towards the skies, no longer looking at me.


I reached out to the ocean ball, and a translucent white light appeared before me.


In the endless wilderness, a small white fluff dashes tirelessly towards the distant, and gradually turned into a blurry figure of a youth.


The youth continued running forward, and in a moment where he's panting, he suddenly turned back and looked towards me.


The white light is blinding, so I couldn't see the youth's expression. But I have a vague feeling, that there must be a joyful smile glowing from his face.


If that's not the case, why would I feel so warm?


The light gradually disappeared. I closed my eyes, wanting to keep this warmth as something eternal.






- Common Ending -



It's evening, and the visitors in the venue have gradually left. The noisiness of the trampoline area no longer remains, only leaving a few figures still squeezing in the professional trampoline area.



Sariel: Do you still want to jump over there?


I shook my head, and pointed at my tummy.


You: Hungry.


Sariel nodded, and headed towards the dining bar beside the trampoline area with me.


CG Food


I've only came to a late realization after taking my seat, that there are no walls between the trampoline area and the dining bar, only with a few giant French windows, and what lays outside the windows is the professional trampoline area.


You: What's the reason behind this design?


Sariel is ordering the food, taking a glance outside the window, then continued reading the menu.



Sariel: There are trampoline performances here.


You: Trampoline performances? I didn't know there's such a great deal!


Before the tone of my voice even dies out, the upbeat melodies begun playing. In the waves of cheers, a few professionals arrived the trampoline. They performed various kinds of high-difficulty actions on the trampoline continuously, that I'm stunned in awe.


What tightly follows in the performance is a pair of male and female performers. They first completed a series of double trampolining movements, and won an applause from the crowd.


Then, the female performer laid down on the trampoline, and the male performer stood by her side, using some strength on his legs, and the female performer is completely bounced up, and stably land into the male performer's arms in a bridal carry style.


You: Wow, so impressive! Wait... why does this scene look a little familiar?


Upon thinking a little further, I recalled what happened. I once scrolled a video of this action some time ago, and I showed it to Sariel back then, he even commented about it in disdain.


Could Sariel actually brought me to the carnival and participate so many activities out of the blue all because of the video?


As my mind makes random assumptions, but I think it shouldn't be the way.


The smiles that have increased in frequency over time, the gradually open emotions, these little changes are all making me to have a vague feeling, that it's not the sole true reason behind this.


As my thoughts are fluttering everywhere, the dishes ordered have all been served. Among the low-fat and low-sodium dishes, the two cups of milk tea at the corner of our table is particularly eye-catching. One of them is naturally ordered for me, as for the other cup...


You: You're drinking milk tea too?



Sariel: Just occasionally changing my taste.


You: Is that so.


Taking a sip of milk tea, the rich fragrance from the milk and the refreshing sweetness of the tea gradually blooms at the tip of my tongue. The two completely different tastes neutralizes each other perfectly, sweet but not sickening, bitter but not astringent.


I drink milk tea during usual days, but perhaps it's because of Sariel, this cup of milk tea today tastes a little special, as though it is an ordinary yet special ceremony.


After gulping a few mouthfuls down, I feel completely soothed. Just like the carbonated drinks violently shaken that explodes the bottle, the gloomy feelings from the continuous rainy days has finally soothed out at the moment.


Sariel: How does it taste?


You: It's delicious! It's as though... I'm drinking sunlight and rainbows!


Sariel glanced at me in doubt, drooping his head in hesitation, first probingly to take a sip of the milk tea, carefully tasting it, then picked up the cup and took a big gulp.


I supported my cheek with an arm, and watched him habitually licked his lips. The orange-toned warm lights shift over his side profile and hair, showing some straightforwardness and childishness from the usually cold face.


You: Sariel, I feel like you seem to have changed a little.


The movements of drinking milk tea paused, and Sariel spoke after remaining silent for a while.



Sariel: Is that so? What has changed?


You: I can't really tell. I just feel, that if it were for the past, I would never expect you to bring me here. I would also never expect you to play games, drink milk tea, and do various sorts of seemingly meaningless things with me.


The silver lashes droops slightly. It seems like Sariel is pondering about something. A few strands of his silvery hair by his temples drooped, covering half of his face in the shadows, that it feels so unreal.


Sariel: Do you find... that it's weird now?


I stunned, and after thinking about it seriously, I shook my head.


You: It's not weird at all, there's nothing that will remain forever unchanged to begin with. But sometimes I would think, that perhaps this difference isn't a change, but a form of encounter, or should I say... reunion?


It's not about giving in or compromising for anybody, but it's the other side of ourselves; it's the other soul that is deeply hidden in our blood and bones, gradually being awakened.


It's because they are all our true selves, hence there would be changes like this, but they are also similarly refreshing.


Sariel stunned. After a moment of silence, I heard an almost indistinguishable voice.



Sariel: Mm. It's perhaps... a return to how life should look like. It's a reunion, and also a new beginning.


Sariel gazes at me, the scorching gaze in the pair of golden pupils are just like the sparks full of vitality, shining brightly in this long, silent river of time.


Sariel: However, these matters aren't actually meaningless.


You: Are you talking about playing games, and drinking milk tea?


Sariel: Mhm. Aren't you happy to do these together?


You: Of course I'm happy.



Sariel (chuckles): Isn't that meaningful then? It's a type of meaningfulness to be able to let a certain clumsy bird to feel happiness within.


The clear voice feels like a stream of spring waters gushing into my heart, trickling with warmth. I gazed upwards towards Sariel, and finds his clear pupils reflecting my face with my solemn expression.



You: Then I hope, you can also feel the same happiness from within. Not only for today, but to continue it to every single day in the future.


As though it's an instant response, a faint yet gentle smile surfaced on Sariel's lips.



Sariel: Okay.


After dining, the performance outside the windows has come to an end. The trampoline park is about to end its operation hours, and the carnival is also gradually coming to an end.


However, just as the promise we had just now, the bustling will eventually settle down, but the happiness we felt in our hearts will never leave.


In every day and night from now on, Sariel and I will definitely be in each other's company happily.







- E N D -



Until next update on who-knows-when, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!


If you'd like to support my translations, feel free to contact me for commissions or buy me a ko-fi here!


Until next update! :)



Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.