Main Story Chapter 13-23 (NIGHT END): Witness of the Past (过去的证人) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

6/17/2022 01:36:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Before reading this chapter, please consider reading Chapter 13-21 here!


Alternatively, you can also check the Light End here!



.

.

.

.

.





I smashed the door open with the chair, and dashed out like crazy!


I can feel my footsteps floating vaguely, as though I'm entirely submerged in waters, where every sound around me sounding unreal, and it feels like my temples are swelling so much that it hurts.


The driver is shocked by how I looked, and nervously asked me where I'm going.


I got stunned from his question.


Osborn... where is he?


I looked towards the road outside the windows, and I've lost my sense of direction.



At the can factory south of Guang Qi city, an azure flame suddenly leaped towards the rooftop, and the entire room is surrounded by crackling sparks.


A second before the explosion happened, the blue flames formed into a shield, blocking the sparks away.


Even so, the explosive power is still not something to be underestimated. Rumbling sounds are continuously heard, even the grounds began to tremble vigorously.



Right before the entire factory turn into ashes, there were two figures leaping out from the sparks with all their might.


The sands and stones by the roadside is instantly stained with blood. Osborn collapsed onto the ground, struggled off the bindings long ago, and climbed up from the ground difficultly.


Upon confirming that the person who looks exactly the same as him is still alive, Osborn lets go of him.



Realizing that the both of them are not dead, the man suddenly became enraged. It's as though he has became another person, boiling with intentions to kill.


He pounced over fiercely, and began to wrestle with Osborn. His fist too, burns with a blue flame.


Different from Osborn's flames, the flames are purer, stronger, and weirder.


Osborn's movements of clenching his fists stunned. And in this moment of hesitance made blood shooting our from his arm instantly. He looks towards the man in surprise, and the other party seems to be a little surprised too.


??: We should both die, on what grounds do you think you can escape, we should've pay our lives for them 8 years ago. It's your selfishness that made me to live in pain and remorse every day. You are not worthy to possess Mother Goddess's powers, I have to take the body back.


He immediately raised an arm to grab onto Osborn as he speaks, but the latter pinned him onto the ground aggressively.


Looking at the pair of the same eyes as his, Osborn's slowly places down his raised fist.


Just when he's about to speak while frowning, suddenly, he clenched onto his chest tightly, even the joints of his fingers became pale.


The "person" he pinned on the ground has already disappeared. At the same time, Osborn felt a ball of flame entering his body.


As the flame enters his body, the past that he was once resistant about continued to resurface before his eyes.


He seemed to have saw the five children that died because of him, they cried from smiling, body drenched in blood, corpses laying on the operation table.


He then saw Ji Xi's bright eyes. Ji Xi told him that his parents are about to pick him home, he'll be waiting for him outside.


They have all surrounded Osborn, and said, "hurry and come, atone your sins to us".


Osborn used all his might to resist it, just like how he has always been doing in the past every time. His lips were bitten from, that his throat is filled with fresh blood.


Outside the door, there's a sound of car driving over.


He supported himself to stand up, and disappeared into the forest behind the house.



Sitting on the taxi, I suddenly recalled the address of Yu Da Academy that Osborn has shown me, and I've decided to take a gamble.


I've been praying for him to be safe and sound on my way there, otherwise there's no way for me to forgive myself. This road suddenly became very, very long, so long that it feels like we would never reach the end.



Walking into the factory and watching the mess in the surroundings, with also the collapsed chair at the center, I realized that I've found the right place.



You: Osborn--


I searched around the factory, but I didn't see him, but I didn't see any traces of blood either.


Does this mean he's still alive, or even not being injured?


I collapsed and sat on the floor. I got really scared, I thought I've caused him to die, and I'd be losing him.


But Osborn, where exactly are you now?





.

.
.
.
.


You can check Chapter 13's Light End here!

Chapter 14-01 is translated here!


Until my next update, please feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!


If you'd like to support my translations, feel free to contact me for commissions or buy me a ko-fi here!



Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.