Main Story Chapter 12-29 (LIGHT END): Savage Game (蛮荒游戏) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

6/01/2022 11:50:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 



Before reading this chapter, please read the previous chapter here.


Alternatively, you can read Chapter 12-29 (Night End) here.


.

.

.

.




What we've originally designed, was to pour fluttering feathers in the venue during the end of the release show.


As a ceremony of success.


Yet, just a second before the arrival of success, Sariel wobbled, then collapsed backwards.





The feathers fluttered very slowly, even everything around it felt like they are all playing in slow mode.


Sariel slowly collapsed backwards. He's a little surprised, but only end up leaving me with a longing glance, then gazed towards the void in distant.


His arms, his body, and expressions all seemed soft. It feels like he has already expected this to be the ending of this grand show.


Am I dreaming? Just like the countless nightmares, I'll be able to wake up if I work hard enough.


But why do I have this premonition, that this will be the last time we see each other?



Staff: Call the ambulance! Hurry! Everyone stay away, don't surround here!


You: Sariel...



By the time I returned to my senses, the sirens of the ambulance are already by my ears.


I sat by the stretcher bed, and my face is full of dried tears.


Sariel is laying on the bed in a life or death situation, with a ventilator covering over his face. His face exudes a decaying tone of grey, even the heaves on his body are so weak that it's negligible.


I clearly knew he hasn't recovered throughout all these while, why didn't I ask him about it more often?


Why didn't I shoulder more tasks for him when we were preparing for the show?


Those vegetable salads that are almost untouched, the office lights that are almost lighting up until daylight, why didn't I tell him earlier, that everything else are unimportant except his wellbeing?


You: Sariel, you can't let anything happen to you this time. I'll watch you in the future, so you can rest your body, and remain healthy.


But it feels like there's a voice in the dark telling me that everything will not turn out as I've imagined.


It seems like there's a bulge in the pocket of Sariels' shirt. It'll be risky for him to bump into it if he lays down like this, right? I apologized, and reached an arm out, thinking of taking that item out for him.


An incomparably soft touch is felt over my fingertips.


It's a snow white fur ball.


I looked at it in disbelief.


Just like how I've shamelessly requested, it's bigger and fluffier than the one I've seen earlier.



You: When did you originally plan to give this to me?


My tears flowed out once again. If he's awake, he'd definitely be saying "who said I was going to give this to you?".


Then I'll also righteously point out the success of this release show, and request him to fulfill the reward he once promised.


I held onto his hand laying weakly by the bed. I dare not to hold it too tightly, but I could still feel how cold it is.


Would I be able to split some of my warmth to him in this way?


Yet it's right at this instant, that everything before my eyes became white and blurry.




I saw a lush forest with flowing streams. A large white fox travels within the woods, and everywhere the tail brushes brings a. breeze, brushing against my cheeks.


Suddenly, the white fox turned around, seemingly having himself noticing my presence, its golden pupils gleamed.


The darkness in the depths of the forest surges, and slowly swallowed it.


You: What is this...



??: Kiddo,  you should board that bus to go home, don't run away from home anymore.


??: Eating Jianbing instead of normal meals every day, is it that delicious?



??: The fever will be gone soon, don't be afraid.



??: You wanted to be a designer? This is not a simple matter. You have to be more persistent, and be able to withstand loneliness more than most people.


??: I'll be waiting for you, to stand on that stage.


Countless of fragmented memories flashed by my mind. I think I've seen many, many Sariels.


The red cross symbol is getting closer, and it looks like we're about to reach the hospital.


You: What happened just now? Why, does it feel like I've met him in the past... No, I should stop thinking, the most important thing now is to get to the hospital...


But shockingly, the hospital building is getting further and further away once again.


The ambulance didn't stop.



.
.
.
.
.



Alternatively, you can read Night End here.


For Chapter 13-01, you can read it here!


Please feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!


If you'd like to support my translations, feel free to contact me for commissions or buy me a ko-fi here!


Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.