Light and Night Main Story Chapter 8-12: Belated Midsummer (迟来的盛夏) | 光与夜之恋 主线剧情第八章(英译)

10/31/2021 12:19:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Previously from Chapter 8-09 (read here)...


Wu You: I'm just here to tell you, you have the same bad habit with that woman, only know how to keep working on designs, and are completely clueless in business. It's hard to find a good match, I just wanted to remind you to not lose too badly.


You: Thank you for your reminder.


-


??: Lu Ting, you have reported to me that everything are going very smoothly.


Lu Ting: Master, currently- currently it seems like those vessels might not be able to sustain until the day we rejuvenate our glory.


??: How long have you been hiding this from me?

.

.

Lu Ting: Master, although this path may not work, but thanks to Evan, I have found the most useful method. I will proactively receive punishment, and deal with these vessels.



.

.

.



Two days later-- I brought my design draft to the TV Broadcast Station. Gao Cheng an d Jiang Lai have already been waiting for me at the entrance.


The process of the completion of design draft has been very smooth.


Although I have not met Jesse in person, but I can't help but to recall the strawberry youth in our chance encounter, and his pair of clear, bright eyes.


It's like a pool of spring waters, yet it's also like a path dazzling in starlight, it's the best way to depict the theme this time.



Jiang Lai: I'm saying, aren't you being a little too careless?! The bootlicker last time even mocked us for not being proactive enough, and I even arrived half an hour earlier today!



Gao Cheng (sounding surprised): Earlier than me.


You: Thank you for the long wait. If I knew about it I'd arrive earlier too.


Jiang Lai: Forget it forget it, the bootlicker wouldn't be able to smile later anyways.


Gao Cheng: Then let's hurry and go in.



The atmosphere in the meeting room is very strict. This time, even the producer is here. Tens of design drafts are spread open before him, and Wu You is standing by the side and explaining with a smile on her face.


Wu You: My design idea is roughly something like this. Your program's persistence towards arts has deeply touched me, as a creator, I feel the same just as everyone here. Hence I pushed away other duties, and focused on creation. I've designed many versions of the outfits in hopes to be of your help.



Jiang Lai: Only not meeting for two days, yet her bootlicking skills have already upgraded greatly.


The producer nodded in satisfaction, his finger pointed to one of the design drafts.


Producer: Not bad, I'm exceptionally satisfied with this one.


Until the staff have tidied all of the design drafts back to the folder, it's my turn next.


You: This is my design draft, please have a look.


The producer took over the folder, and had a look for quite a while. Suddenly, he raised his head, and looked at me in a complicated look. His gloomy expressions gave me an extremely bad premonition.


Cheng Ke: I feel that although her design is bold, but it's very original. It can be a very great highlight to our program--


(Let's not talk about how angry I am when I read this)


Producer: I've already seen this design draft.


You: ?


His gazed at Wu You who is now casually standing by the side, opening the folder before her, and took out one of her design drafts.


Everyone became quiet, yet our breaths are all tensed up along with his movements.


On the next second, I looked at the content on it clearly. It's exactly the same as my design drawing.


No, I should say it's exactly the same as my design draft, only with details furnished.


I suddenly feel breathless, and a weird image flashed past my mind.



Wu You: Looks like we coincidentally had tacit and thought of the same thing.


Jiang Lai: What do you mean by 'thought of the same thing'? You really know how to make an excuse for your plagiarism!


Everyone snapped back into reality, and looked at me in great shock.


I'm the only fool that has no idea on what exactly has happened.


Producer: Can I have your explanation on this? Director Cheng has probably emphasized before this, we are placing strong emphasis on our guests' costume. But you perfunctorily brought a plagiarized to us instead? I don't care what sort of standards there are in Warson, but I do not wish to see plagiarized works in our SS-class program.


Cheng Ke: Y/N, this--



You: This work is my first draft that I have completed two days ago, she was only completing part of the details using it as a basis.


Wu You: Your first draft?


You: Yes, my first draft.


Wu You: You're saying that I'm copying you? What proof do you have? Moreover, I submitted it earlier than you did. I believe the director and producers are wise people that would make the correct judgment.


You: Director Cheng, I believe I've shown you my draft back then. Can you please try to recall in detail, and compare it with Wu You's copy?


Cheng Ke: Sure, I'll try my best.


She nodded and took over the draft, and began to look at Wu You's design draft.


Cheng Ke: I cannot guarantee completely that I can remember everything, but there were indeed many places that were similar--



Wu You: Director, I've actually been wanting to ask, what relationship do you have with Y/N? You can't blame me for overthinking, you've been exceptionally interested in her designs from the very beginning. But we should be competing fair and square.


As she speaks, she quickly threw me a glance, and her gaze was cold.


If the unhappy conversation back then can be considered as the natural sense of rivalry and desires to win between designers, then I can choose to just ignore it. But to slander me so maliciously, I can't stand a single bit of it.


You: Well then, let me tell you on why this design is something that I have specifically made for Jesse.


I took the design draft over, and spread it open before everyone.


You: As everyone knew, the stage costumes are different from usual outfits. They need to match with the character, story settings, and it also requires to match with lighting, choreography and other elements. The content of Jesse's song is about the protagonist going through a rough path of life in order to realize his dreams, it's his heartfelt confession when he faced the starry skies alone. I have asked the choreography teacher, and she has only left gold-colored spotlights here, hence I chose pure white silk on the costume. 



You: Silk will be looking full of gloss under the spotlight, and allows the figure of the actor to look more lively. The pure white color have also represented the protagonist's persistence and protection towards his pure, original intents. The great amount of dried flowers embellished at the neckline and cuffs are representing the thorns and obstacles that he has been through along the way. The shattered glass on the left chest represents his shattered heart of purity. It reflects the stage lights, just like the rays of hope.


As I explain in detailed, the producer that were originally planning to pull the door open for his leave to stop his movements to listen in detail.


Wu You: Then I'll explain my design idea. This costume is something I made for Lin ZiFeng. He has been through three auditions, been on the peak of his career and also have entered his bottommost of his career, yet he still held his dreams as he walked onto this path. ""Shattered Glass" was his debut song, and the flowers were indeed representing the thorns he has been through, you didn't guess wrongly.


You: Then what about this?


I pointed at the intersected pattern on the cuff with a pen.



You: This can't also be something that you've designed for Lin ZiFeng, right?


Wu You: Of course, these are all fallen leaves. They represents--


You: No, this is constellation.


Wu You: ?!


You: Everyone, please look closely, there are some dots and lines distributed on both of the sleeves, it seems like it has no story nor it is matching each other. But as soon as you piece them together-- 


I opened the pen cap, and began drawing on the empty space.


You: Then you'll realize, this is the constellation diagram of Gemini. It's Jesse's horoscope. Combining the lyrics with stargazing, hence I added this element.


After everyone took a look for a few seconds, they have all let out voices of exclamation.



You: Or should I ask, is Lin ZiFeng also a Gemini?


Wu You: Only with these random dots and lines? Constellation images were very similar to begin with-

-



??: That isn't some sort of random dots and lines, that IS Gemini. The main star Pollux is designed into a four-pointed star, that is her unknown little habit that she has whenever she's drawing!


You: !


A slender and tall youth suddenly entered the door, and under everyone's gaze of surprise, he walked towards me, step by step.


I looked at the somewhat familiar face in a blur, with his words earlier still circling my ears.



??: That is her unknown little habit that she has whenever she's drawing.


Who is he-- How does he know?


The youth stood properly by my side, carrying an aura of affirmation and reassurance.


Cheng Ke: Jesse?



You: ?


He is Jesse?






Chapter 8-14 can now be read here!


p/s: I have injured both of my arms so my updates will be slowed down compared to usual pace.


Meanwhile, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!




Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.