[Light and Night Event] All Event Story: Nymph's Corner to Italy with Charlie || 【光与夜之恋】 彼邦幻想曲:宁芙角隅 查理苏活动剧情全集

10/31/2021 12:25:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Disclaimer: This is a limited-time event with Charlie. 

For his limited 6* card, read it here.


Due to time limitations, I will compile everything in one post. There are 8 destinations in total in Italy, separated by their respective subtitles. Four of them are voiced and four of them are text diaries.

You can also consider reading the subs in the following video (voiced without BGM).




#1 Duomo Di Milano


Upon arriving the Milan Cathedral, the impressive marble gothic building stands, and a feeling of respect surged from its bronze doors.


I looked up, and the highest point where my gaze reaches is the Gold Madonna on the top of the cathedral. Under the clear skies, only the gods and sunlight are gleaming, carving the sincerest historical poems from its devotees.



MC: Wow, how magnificent.


Charlie: "Poetry in Marble", I knew you'd like it.


MC: Sure enough, the definition towards "beauty" is linked among humans.


MC: Charlie, let's hurry up and have a look inside.


Before I can wait for Charlie's response, I trotted towards the church. Suddenly, someone grabbed onto my elbow vigorously--



Stranger: Miss... Pigeons...


A middle-aged stranger with a heavy Italian accent spoke in a strong tone. He pointed at the pigeons, then pointed at me, then held my arm as he shoved a bunch of pigeon food to my hand.


MC: Are you trying to let me feed the pigeons?


Stranger: Yes! Pigeons, cute pigeons!


I originally wanted to decline, but I really can't block the man's stance. Despite hesitating, I still extended an arm out.



Charlie: I'm sorry, we don't need it.


MC: Charlie, I...


Charlie placed an arm over my shoulder, and brought me into his warm and firm embrace.


Charlie: There are many scammers like this in Italy.


Charlie: Seemingly enthusiastic, but once you took their thing, I'm afraid that you'll have to leave your dearest fiancé as mortgage in order to clear the debts.


Charlie looked at that man coldly, his tone, and the contempt for the deceiver in his tone overflowed the gap of language differences.


The smile from the man immediately disappeared without a trace. He glared at us in disdain, turned around and left us angrily.


MC: Charlie, did I almost got myself into trouble?



Charlie: Swindlers are like this. It's not a bad thing to have an experience either. Compare around more often, and you'll know how good your fiancée is.


My heart seemed to have been caressed gently. Gradually, the unhappiness have dispersed.


I leaned into Charlie's embrace, and raised my head to look at him.


MC: But, I still really wanted to feed the pigeons...


I stick out my tongue shyly. Despite I was almost conned just now, but feeding the pigeons... is still very much tempting to me.


Charlie: It's just to feed the pigeons. Of course I can do something that even a scammer can do.


Charlie: Not only you can feed them, I can even make them to line up for you to feed them.


MC: ?


Charlie snapped his fingers, and the pigeons flying all over the skies seemed to have flew over as if they have received an order, and lined up in a long queue by my feet.


The little bunch of birds are chirping, those black pearl-like eyes are staring at the croissant in my hand with full of desires.


MC: You really did it...


Charlie: Mhm.


Not long after, the bread is all given to the flock of pigeons. I pat on my pocket, and grabbed the last ball of nuts.



MC: There's still one ball of nuts here, I must feet it to the cutest baby in the plaza!


I opened my palm as I waited for the pigeon to fly over. A fully-winged baby was just about to spread its wings--


Charlie threw a sharp glance at it, and the pigeon escaped in fear.


MC: You scared it...


Before I can finish, my palm suddenly felt warm. Charlie lowered his head as he bit up the ball of nuts in my hand.


Charlie: Tastes pretty good.


Charlie tasted the last ball of nuts as if it was nothing. Perhaps he has noticed my stunned gaze, he patted my shoulder as if he was consoling, then raised a brow.


Charlie: Now I've probably fulfilled your wish.


MC: What?


 

Charlie: You said "the cutest baby of the plaza", could there possibly be someone else?



#2 Castello Sforzesco


The schedule before has been delayed for too much. By the time we've arrived the Sforza's Castle, it's already sunset.


MC: We still didn't make it, the museum in the castle is already closed...






Charlie: Do you really wanted to go that much?


MC: Of course, the final sculpture works of Michelangelo is part of its collection, I really wanted to have a look at it with my own eyes.


Charlie: Alright, then I'll ask them if they needed private donations.


Charlie twisted the second button from his neck, and was just about to walk towards the office. I quickly tugged him.


MC: Hey-- Wait up! There's no need to use "power of money" here!


Charlie: Didn't you want to have a look? It's still possible for them to open it for a short period of time for donors.


MC: It's fine, you don't have to trouble yourself that much.


MC: We can still come back here in the future after all, no?


Charlie seemed to be very satisfied with this answer, and smiled intently.



Charlie: That's right too, we still have a long way ahead of us.


Walking out from the corridors of the castle, and it is the central park. The visitors are still lingering around here.


Just then, a street performer's arrival has attracted all of the attention from the crowd. He raises a net, and released a lot of bubbles in the winds. The children pounces over playfully, and sounds of joy are everywhere.


Standing by the side of the joyous laughter, my heart began to itch too.



Charlie: Let's go too.


MC: Eh?


Charlie: You've been staring at it for so long, didn't you want to chase after the bubbles too?


He actually seen through my thoughts with a glance. The silent tacit have quietly strummed the strings in my delicate heart, making me to mindlessly express my childish thoughts.


MC: So you've noticed it...


Charlie: This isn't where my observation skill ends. Fiancée, you'll find out in the future.


MC: What nonsense are you talking about...


MC: If you blabber more, then you will not even get to chase after the bubbles.


Charlie: What are you afraid of? I will definitely not let you lose out to those kids.


As soon as he's done with his sentence, my feet felt light. Suddenly, Charlie picked me up with an arm behind my thigh.


MC: Hey-- what are you doing?


Charlie: Bringing you to chase after the bubbles of course, we'll be able to chase after them no matter how high they are.


MC: But... If we fall down like this, it wouldn't be a joke.



Charlie: Don't worry, even if you fall, you'll only be falling into my embrace.


Charlie: Hold tight, let's go!


MC: Ah-- Slow down!


In order to maintain balance, I can only lay low over Charlie's shoulder. My voice is no longer sounding right, it became soft and lacked energy.


Charlie: Hm? Slow down... I've rarely heard such a request.


While joking from his lips, Charlie still slowed down his steps, and reached out an arm to hold me.


The powerful joints of his fingers encircled the side of my waist, with just the right amount of strength, and weirdly enough, giving me just the right amount of feelings of safety.


The bubbles spread everywhere in the warm wings, radiating colorfully under the sunset, and it seems like my heart is also completely filled with the warm winds. And lightly, I held on his hand too.


#3 Torre Di Pisa



Throughout the process of hiking the Pisa Tower, it has been more embarrassing than I've ever imagined.

 

The results of the the walls tilted 5 degrees from the plumb line is, I fell right into Charlie's embrace with a 5 degree tilt. At the time of my fall, I can hear his rather joyous laughter, but he still pretended and said that it wasn't him who was laughing.


Then who else could it be? I could already feel his heart throb! But I really had to explain, I really didn't fall on purpose, this is completely because of the gravity.


But, Charlie didn't believe in such explanations.

 

A certain person will only stand on the top of the tower and say: "Look, fiancée, now the whole world will be falling towards our love".



#4 Colosseo



In the legends, the ancient tree will record the sounds from thousands of years ago, and recover the scene in the past at certain times.


Standing in front of the ruins of the amphitheatre as the afterglow is covering the tattering walls, sounds of the painful cries of the beasts and screams of the slaves seemed to ripple in my ears, and I suddenly feel the splashes of the blood and tears of history are far more than only on the ancient trees.


Charlie said: "Humans will only call the accumulated history as something great".

 

"It'd be really painful if we really look into the details of the history, right?" I said.

 

Charlie nodded and replied: "That's why the proudest ability that humans should have is to rebuild happiness over pain."


"Isn't that the ability to heal? Are you trying to secretly praise your high medical skills again?"

 

Charlie burst in laughter: "Pfft, so you've found out, huh."


#5 Fontana Di Trevi



I thought the wishing fountains are about the same in the world, until I discovered Trevi Fountain.


With the baroque-styled palace behind it, the god of seas, Poseidon stands in the center of the reef, watching over the sincere wishes of youths gathering from different corners of the world.


According to the norm, as long as you can throw a coin into Trevi Fountain with your back facing it, then you can have three wishes realized.

 

Of course I'd want to give it a try! But I didn't expect for Charlie the fella to be more excited than I do.


I faced the fountain with my back, and he held onto my hand with the coin on it, saying that he wanted to throw it with me.

 

I asked him, and he said he ran out of money, but when I wanted to give him another coin, he didn't want to take it...

 

There must be something about this. I must go back and look it up.


#6 Galleria Degli Uffizi


The night before we arrive Florence, Charlie is surprisingly looking a little excited.


His excitement has continued until the following day, and we arrived the Uffizi Gallery. The queue to enter the gallery has reached all the way outside the entrance, yet Charlie's still smiling ever so brightly.



MC: Charlie, do you like Florence very much?


Charlie: Mm, the sunlight is good here.


MC: Indeed, as soon as I bathe under the sun, I can feel my body now thoroughly relaxed.


MC: It's probably only under such a bright sun that artwork as great as the Renaissance be born.


Standing outside the gallery, there are only a few steps away from the dazzling or delicate creations of art. I suddenly decided to leave my reservations aside, and stretched greatly under the sunlight.


MC: Ah, this is the taste of art and freedom.



Charlie: Mhm, fiancée, you are just like a plant.


Seeing my confused gaze, Charlie smiled widely, and is smiling even happier.



Charlie: Aren't your movements just now just like photosynthesis?


I looked at him dumbfounded, and angrily poked his arm.


MC: If I'm a plant, then what are you?


Charlie: Of course I'm the sun, there aren't anyone else that could be more dazzling than I do.


Charlie: Most importantly, you need me.


MC: That won't do, this is unfair-- We need a healthy and fair relationship!


MC: I'll give you another chance, think properly.


Charlie: Let me think again... Then I can only be the red flowers, red flowers match better with plants.


MC: Why are you the only one that can be a beautiful flower?


Charlie: Who said that plants aren't pretty?



Charlie: As long as there's sunlight, water and air then there will be plants, these type of living beings will not be tamed by rules.


Charlie: If plants with so much vitality isn't considered beautiful, then what else would be beautiful?


MC: Then why won't you be plants with me?


Charlie: To decorate my fiancée's life is more meaningful to me.


Charlie: But I'm more delicate, so I needed lots of care from the plant.


Charlie drooped his head, acting delicately as he encircles me, with his strands of grey hair lightly brushing past my ear.


I smiled, and pulled Charlie's hand--


MC: For our health, let's photosynthesize together!


Charlie allowed me to drag his hand deliberately, and both of us stretched perfectly.


I raised my head as I looked towards him, his hair seemed to be shimmering in the golden sunlight, seeping out some speckles of light. The green plant and red flower tacitly swayed their bodies in the winds, and enjoying their childish mental resonance.


Staff: The two of you stretching over there, it's your turn!


MC: Ugh...



Charlie: Ahem.


Charlie and I exchanged glances in awkwardly, quietly placed our hands down, and walked into the depths of the art gallery.


#7 Piaza San Marco



Until afternoon, St. Mark's Square is already fully conquered by the crowded tourists and various sorts of accents.


Charlie held my hand, and it took us great efforts to squeeze out from the crowd and escape into a unique Italian restaurant at the alley.


MC: It's still more comfortable over here.


It's still too early for lunch, so the restaurant is looking a little quiet. A tan-skinned waiter welcomed us with a Mediterranean smile that is extremely dazzling.


Waiter: What would you like to order, dear miss?













MC: Uh... I...


To someone that isn't that proficient in Italian like me, ordering food is pure torture.


Charlie: Ahem.


MC: What?


Charlie: Have you still not realized my function?


It felt like I've struck jackpot, and I quickly handed the menu to him.


Charlie: A chef's salad, a seafood Italian pasta, then a margarita pizza.


Charlie: Fiancée, we still lack a dessert.


MC: Yeah, then let's see what we should eat.


My gaze travels all over the menu, yet I still can't make a decision after a while.


The waiter wasn't angry, but instead showed me a bright smile.



Waiter: Miss, you don't have to hesitate so much. Even without a dessert, you are still the sweetest sweet honey.


MC: ... Thank you.


I've already heard about the sweet words from Italian men, so such words aren't that surprising to me-- But, to a certain someone, the situation doesn't seem to be this simple.


Charlie didn't say anything, and the restaurant entered into a dead silence for two whole minutes.


MC: Charlie, do you wanted anything else?



Charlie: Wait a moment, let me think--


Charlie closed his eyes a little painfully, and closed the menu.


Charlie: I have some tiny requests, can you fulfill them?


The waiter was startled, but still nodded out of politeness. I could faintly feel a bad premonition about this.


Charlie: It's not much.


Charlie: Add mayonnaise on the chef's salad.


The waiter looked completely stiffed. Italians have been seeing their traditional cuisines as their cultural price, and of course that would be the same case for this waiter.


A dangerous atmosphere lingers in the air, and the tension made it to look like a war is about to begin.


Yet Charlie on the other hand seemed to be very satisfied with his opponent's response, and nonchalantly continued to provoke him with a smile.


Charlie: Seafood pasta, with added cheese powder.


The waiter's hands are trembling, and the tip of the pen is leaving traces of anger on the paper.


Charlie: It's the final dish.



Charlie: Margarita pizza, with added pineapples.


The final word has sounded.


We're doomed, the tradition pizza with no pineapples is the last straw of the Italians, and now--


Waiter: Don't dine here! This place doesn't welcome you!


The waiter has really burst out in anger. He snatched the menu, and it seems like his eyes are really about to spit fire.


MC: Stop! Don't fight, don't fight!


MC: Shhh! Love and peace.


Waiter: #(*&*)&%@*@%¥&......#@)@


After a series of noises, Charlie was "invited" out of the restaurant in satisfaction.


MC: Was that necessary, you childish fool...


Charlie: Of course it was absolutely necessary, childish fool's fiancée.



#8 Palazzo Dei Normanni




The plaza in front of the Norman Palace is so big, so big... that I have separated from Charlie.


Since his phone has been robbed, the way Charlie and I communicate seemed to have returned to the 70s, and we are completely out of touch as soon as we are separated. In order to not cause him trouble, I stood at the same place to wait for him to look for me.


This was originally a tiny trouble that could be settled in 10 minutes (because Charlie's ability to memorize maps is scarily amazing). Who knows, after two minutes of wait, a tall man suddenly covered my eyes from the back, and forcefully dragged me out of the plaza.


I was almost scared to death! That man have instead smiled so cheekily, and even used his fingers to gesture a gun as he pointed my head.

 

"Say, still daring enough to wander off on your own next time?"

 

... Why are you scaring me? This childish fool!



Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.