[Light and Night Event] LANYU x Light and Night Collaborative Event Story: Episode 03 || LANYU×光与夜之恋限时联动・兰倚线香 :剧情03

10/15/2021 02:46:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


Read Episode 02 of the collab story here!


Note: This is a time-limited event from the collaboration of fashion designer Lan Yu. 



Arriving Lan Yu's workshop once again, the indoors are extraordinarily quiet, only the almost inaudible sounds of writing and sewing could be heard.


Lan Yu is at her work area, frowning deeply as she examined the dress right before her.


Since last night, Lan Yu has been feeling frustrated about its material and decoration.


She told me this back then, according to the customer's likings, there will be plans to use large surfaces of lace to create a pattern.


Due to the bride and groom's international relationship, the wedding will be a combination of both Chinese and Western cultures, so she have decided to use her most proficient Su Xiu* to embellish the chest, while also use the traditional pure silk to create its shape.


*T/N: Type of embroidery that Lan Yu is famous for.


But the problem is, the fusion between the fabric and lace are not a good combination, and it looks overly stiff.


I'm worried that I'd interrupt Lan Yu's train of thoughts, so I didn't disturb her, only to use the mannequin and leftover fabrics to practice on crafting at a corner.


When I pinned one of the laces onto the chiffon, I accidentally pinned it on the wrong side, showing the wrong side that is slightly hoarse. 


I quickly took down the pin, and corrected the piece of lace.


But, after the adjustment, I've actually felt that the right side of the lace is surprisingly not as good-looking as the wrong side of the lace.


I then attempted to compare between the right side and the wrong side, and I noticed that it the wrong side of the lace possess some traits that seems to look more attractive.



Lan Yu: That's right! This should be the way!


Lan Yu's voice suddenly sounded by my ear, and I startled in surprise.


Lan Yu smiled at me apologetically, then placed her palms together.



Lan Yu: I'm sorry, because I saw a suitable solution, so I was too excited. The arrangement of this patch of wrong-sided lace has a type of hazy beauty, so it will pair very well with Su Xiu.



Lan Yu: I was hesitating, because I felt that Su Xiu has a rigid transition to other types of fabric. And with this wrong-sided lace, the hoarse feeling have neutralized how flowy the chiffons look, so it will achieve the blend that I wished for.


Suddenly, she noticed something, and looked at me with a troubled expression.


Lan Yu: But this is your design after all, I can't just use it that way. But, this is a very good inspiration, I will think again to look for other directions.


As a designer, of course I understood Lan Yu's concerns, and shook my head.



You: I've only discovered the charms of the wrong-sided lace by instinct. But, you are sharp enough to discover its usage, so you can completely feel comfortable to use this idea. Ideas require to be collided, and this wrong-sided lace is the fruit of our collision.


Lan Yu held my hands gratefully.


Lan Yu: Thank you, this problem has really troubled me for a very long time.


After receiving my consent, Lan Yu immediately dialed her assistant's phone number for her to arrange the soonest flight to Belgium to make preparations for lace selection.


Although it's already rumored that Lan Yu's has a vigorous approach at work, but after witnessing her shocking execution with my own eyes, I still can't help to exclaim.


Lan Yu suddenly covered her phone, lowering her voice and faced me.



Lan Yu: I remembered that you've mentioned you have to choose a fabric for your wedding gown design. There's coincidentally an opportunity now, do you want to go to Belgium together with me?


I stunned, this invitation is indeed overly tempting. But-- after thinking for a moment, I still declined it.


You: I really wanted to go with you too. But I have other tasks in Warson, so I'll have to pass for this round.


Lan Yu: What a pity. Then when there's a better chance in the future, let's go together again!



Right after this night, Lan Yu went on a business trip to Belgium. Despite being busy with work, I can still receive her messages from time to time.


She will share some new fabrics to me, and this has make up to the regrets that I couldn't head there with her.





Feel free to check out other parts of the event here:



Thank you for reading and feel free to check out other translations of Light and Night here!





Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.