[Light and Night Event] LANYU x Light and Night Collaborative Event Story: Episode 05 + Final Text || LANYU×光与夜之恋限时联动・兰倚线香 :剧情05 + 短信

10/18/2021 05:08:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Read Episode 04 of the collab story here!


Note: This is a time-limited event from the collaboration of fashion designer Lan Yu. 



On the next day, when I walked into the workshop, Lan Yu is standing right at the center, and sewn the final stitch on a dress' collar.


Seeing my arrival, she pulled me before this dress, and her gaze towards me exudes some unwillingness to part.



Lan Yu: From today onwards, I will be going overseas to prepare for my own fashion show. It will be quite a long time where we will not be able to see each other.


She caresses the collar of the dress, and smiled towards me.



Lan Yu: I'm really happy to have designed with you. So I wished to gift you a present as a memorable token for our exchanges throughout this period.


I widened my eyes, and am in disbelief towards this surprise.


You: You're saying this dress--


Lan Yu: Of course, this doesn't mean we will not be working together in future at all.


She winked playfully.


Lan Yu: This dress is also a promise, if there's an opportunity in the future, let's work on more designs that bring vitality together.


With only a glance, I can see that the dress itself has used many ideas that we have discussed before.


Each and every bit of the old times began to flutter in my mind.


Then I opened the fold at the collar-- At the most obvious place, yet also the most hidden corner of the dress, our names, Lan Yu and Y/N, are embroidered on it.



Lan Yu: In the past, my mother will embroider "Little Girl Yu Lan" on new year jackets and my childhood bellybands. She will also embroider her blessings to me on it. "Clothing are the carriers of emotions", I think there's no better interpretation than this phrase. I have been continuing to keep this habit, and I will embroider part of the patterns with my own hands on each customized dress. I wish to use this method to express my wishes to my customers. It's the same for this dress. 



Lan Yu: But you aren't my customer, but instead a young companion in this path of designers. I believe that there will be a day where you will shine on the stage of the world.


During this period, the time I've spent with Lan Yu as if she's my teacher and my friend, have opened many doors to designing ideas, and brought me improvements on various aspects.


There are so much that I wanted to say, but the only words that came out from my mouth in the end is merely also words of blessings.



You: I hope your fashion show can go smoothly, and it will not let down the efforts you have placed throughout this period of time.


Lan Yu smiles as she held my hands.


Lan Yu: Thank you for your blessing. The path of designing is not an easy path, but I believe we will be able to keep walking down the path.


------- Event Story End -------






Lan Yu: The show has came to an end, it feels so unreal.


You: You've worked hard throughout this period! Will you be having a relaxing local trip over there?


Lan Yu: At times like this I'm actually feeling a little homesick instead... 


Lan Yu: How about... Take a guess on where I am right now?


You: Are you in the fabrics market? It feels like you'd be there at times like this.


Lan Yu: You're really a treasured friend of mine, you're completely right!


Lan Yu: Are you designing retro jackets recently?


Lan Yu: What kind of fabric would you like to have? I'll have a lookout for you.


You: I wanted fabrics that are so soft and fluffy that they would make one sleepy.









Lan Yu: Let me see, there it is! There's green cashmere, isn't it quite unique?


Lan Yu: It has to be cashmere that has no other mixtures of colors to be able to dye such a color out.


Lan Yu: I'll ask for the contact details of this shop and send it to you later, their supply ranch must be quite extraordinary.


You: Thank you, Lan Yu. Did I forget to tell this formally? Congratulations on your grand success on your show!


Lan Yu: Speaking of it, your efforts are also part of this success.


Lan Yu: The inspiration, concern and blessings that you've given me, all of them are very important.


Lan Yu: Thank you, Y/N.









Feel free to check out other parts of the event here:




Thank you for reading and feel free to check out other translations of Light and Night here!








Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.