[Light and Night Event] Sariel's 2022 Birthday Event Prologue: A Promise of a Distant Journey || 光与夜之恋 齐司礼生日: 千山净色・远行之约

9/07/2022 11:15:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


Note: The 2022 birthday event formats are different from 2021's. The event is separated into two parts: A 5-part story that includes the prologue, and another 4-part postcard writing snippet. I will work on completing Sariel's birthday event before his 6* card. 

Please do not ask me on when I can update the translations because I am really not in the state to translate as much as usual due to long-term health reasons, unless you're paying me at least 2 days worth of my overtime wages in my full-time job ^^. I will not entertain to questions asking for release schedules anymore so I hope for your understanding on this matter. 


If you're here for Sariel's 2021 Birthday Event Translations instead of 2022, read here:

Pre-Quest Story Prologue Episode 01 Episode 02 Episode 03 Episode 04 Episode 05


Recording of the 2022 birthday event stories are here: 




---------


Slashing yet another day off the calendar with a pen, it's finally only three days left until Sariel's birthday.


Although he has said that day it isn't his real birthday, but I've still made plans to prepare a surprise for him as I've promised him last year*.


*Refer to his 2021 birthday event


You: I wonder if Little Lizard has already helped me to hide those stuff well...


Sariel dislikes crowds, so I've still decided to celebrate his birthday at his place after numerous thoughts, and even "instigated" QiShe* for help.


*Sariel's "pet" lizard.


In my previous visits to his place, I secretly brought a lot of decorative materials, and asked QiShe to hide them somewhere.


On the day of his birthday, as long as I can look for an excuse to ask Sariel out, I'll be able to seize the opportunity to decorate the living room properly.


I am thinking if I should buy something else for decoration, and just then, my phone buzzed.


You: Sariel?


Why is he suddenly making a call? QiShe haven't exposed me now did he?!


Surprised, I hesitated for a moment, but forced myself to pick up the incoming call.


Sariel: What are you working on?


Hearing Sariel's voice makes me even more nervous.


You: Ah... N- No I'm not working on anything! I'm just at work normally!


I can't help but to cover my face with my hands as soon as I've ended my line. And Sariel paused to my overreaction, and sounded a little doubtful.


Sariel: I'm not here to supervise your work*, why overreacting?


*I haven't translated main story yet but at this timeline he has already resigned from Warson so he is no longer the creative director for this storyline.


Sariel: Being all panicky like that makes you look like you've done some bad deeds indeed.


He did not mention anything about birthday, so looks like QiShe didn't expose me. Having this thought has finally allowed me to calm down.


You: What bad deeds are you talking about, I'm really just seated at my workstation in the office for work, you can ask MaoGe and the others if you don't believe it.


You: I just happened to be thinking about things earlier that I haven't returned to my senses, I'm okay now.


You: Did you call me for something?


Sariel: The candied pear I promised to make for you are done.


Candied pear? I gave it a thought. I think it was mentioned in our earlier phone calls.


*He promised that in one of his calls this year but I haven't translated it.


You: It's already done? Didn't we agree to make them together?


Sariel: A certain someone has been working until midnight and has been in a confused state recently, so even being in the kitchen would only bring chaos.


Sariel: Do you want to eat them? If you don't then I'll...


You: Of course I'd want to! You've already made them, of course I'd eat them, and I'll take eight bowls in a go!


Sariel: I've only made two bowls of them. Buy them yourself if you wanted more.


You: I'm just joking, I can't finish that much either. Shall I head to your place after work?


I recalled the matter I've "schemed" with QiShe, and it's coincidentally an opportunity to discuss the arrangements for the day of his birthday as well.


Sariel: I'll pick you up later.


The sun is setting, and there's only a tint of dawn left in the skies. I walked out of building, and the sight of Sariel standing in the evening afterglow welcomes me right away.


You: Sariel!


I happily ran towards him in quicker steps, and he's already gazing towards me before I could speak.


Sariel (smiling): Running so quickly, I can see that you really wanted to get off work already.


You: What are you talking about... I am passionate with my work, the reason I ran this fast is because I wanted to see you sooner!


I refuted his statement, and in exchange I received a soft cough with a faint tint of redness over his ears.


Sariel: Alright now, get in the car.


It's now peak hours, and the cars are moving slowly in the traffic. But I don't feel anxious at all, and even began humming.


While waiting for the traffic light, Sariel turned around and saw the overflowing joy written all over my face.


Sariel: Are you in a great mood today?


My work are going smoothly recently, and my birthday preparations for Sariel hasn't been exposed, moreover, there's also a surprise of candied pears too.


With this in mind, I nodded.


You: It's still okay, why's that?


Sariel: It's nothing. It's just that you're usually scheming something bad whenever you're this happy.


You: No I wasn't!


I blinked in attempts to show my sincerity. Sariel turned away to look forward, and I wonder how much he believed in what I've just said.


The green light lights up in a perfect time, and the cars began to move forward slowly.


Sariel: It'll be September in a few more days.


Just when I thought Sariel wouldn't inquire any further, he suddenly spoke and mentioned about dates.


My heart throbbed in surprise, and decided to act stupid to bluff him.


You: Yeah, so?


Sariel: I've heard some news today. So I'm heading out tomorrow, and I will probably not be home for the next couple of days.


What he said felt like a bolt from the blue, that my great mood is instantly shattered.


You: Huh? Why so sudden... Are you going somewhere very far away?


Sariel: Yeah, it'll take some time for a round trip.


Then what about his birthday? My feelings became complicated as soon as I thought of the preparations I've made, that I can't tell if I'm feeling surprised or dejected.


The same happened last year. To Sariel, the so-called birthday is merely an ordinary day, so it isn't anything inappropriate to head out to somewhere afar on a day like this either.


I chose to pester him to take me with him last year, then what about this year? Is where he's about to go this time somewhere I could tag along?


Just when I'm pondering how I should bring this topic up, he suddenly spoke.


Sariel: Do you want to go there with me?


I looked up in surprise. Sariel spoke in a calm expression, that I almost doubted my own hearing.


You: You're asking me?


Sariel: Who else could it be? Is there a third person in this car?


Sariel: There aren't much dangers in the place we're heading to, so we can go there together.


You: I see, but why are you suddenly asking me this?


Sariel: The "birthday surprise" you've been secretly planning with QiShe suddenly came to nothing at its final moment. 


Sariel: I guess there'll be a certain someone who has prepared herself to tag along no matter what it takes.


Sariel: So might as well for me to ask you directly.


You: Wait, you've already found out about it? Didn't I told Little Lizard to be sure to keep it as a secret...


Sariel: It's not just his problem, you made it pretty obvious too.


Sariel: You always brought a bag full of things whenever you're coming over, and you would never tell what they are whenever asked, and the bag's emptied for no reason whenever you left.


Sariel: Do you happen to think I'm blind that I can't tell anything from that?


My face instantly burnt from what he has just said. Turns out the entire incident has been completely exposed from the very beginning.


You: Okay then, since you have already found out about it, then it's not a surprise or the sort anymore. So it doesn't feel like a pity if it's cancelled anyway.


You: Moreover... as long as the protagonist is there, birthdays are the same no matter where it's celebrated.


I smiled towards Sariel with some anticipation surging from my chest.


You: Where are we going this time?


Sariel looks at the night traffic, and gazed into the distant.


Sariel: It's somewhere very far away.



Other parts:

Prologue | Part 01 | Part 02 | Part 03 | Part 04 + Phone Call

Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.