Main Story Chapter 11-20 (LIGHT END): Along with the Sins (与罪同行) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

4/09/2022 11:43:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Before reading this chapter, please check the previous part here.

Alternatively, for Chapter 11-20 (Night End), you can read it here.


.

.

.

.

.



By the time Charlie got out from Chief Sun's office for the second time, it's already past 1AM.


On the phone, the notification underneath the time is a message from the girl. She is already home, so she told him to not worry about her.


His mood seemed like it has finally received a moment of relaxation.


The hospital is completely quiet. The tall buildings seen from the distant looked like a giant tombstone, standing in the middle of the city center.



He opened the one and only office with lights on. The elderly with white hair laid on the table, with the water in his tea mug already cold.


A few hours ago, just when a couple hours ago, right when he was arguing with Chief Sun, the old man suddenly arrived, not only he pleaded for him, he even placed all of the responsibilities onto himself.


There's only a year more for him to retire, he's got to let him worry less.


He took off the coat, carefully covered it over the elderly. But the elderly has instead woke up from his dreams, straightening his body and shook his head.


Dr. He: I'm already old, I can't even get a good sleep.



Charlie: You still called yourself old and strong before this, and you're going to travel the world after retirement.


Dr. He: Those are already talks for later. I will only retire peacefully when you will stop making me worry. Since it's also said that I've made a promise to your mother back then...


The elderly shook his head, not continuing his words, but have instead began searching in the cabinet.


Dr. He: You must've not eaten. I'll show you something good.


He grinned as he picked up a thermos bucket. Upon opening it, the steam misted out, with fragrance lingering in the air.


Dr. He: The little wontons my wife made for me. It's still hot, I'll give you some.


Charlie: Leave that for yourself, I still have my instant noodles with love.


Dr. He: You still called it love, I wonder how many hours it has been cold. Forget about it if you aren't eating.


Although saying so, he still took out two little bowls, and split his wontons to half.


Charlie: Did Shimu* came?


*T/N: Master is Shifu in Chinese, so the wife of the master is Shimu.


Dr. He: She made my son to send them. Young men sleep late, my wife wants to sleep at 8PM every day.


Charlie: Then wouldn't she be complaining about you working overtime every day?


Dr. He: Why wouldn't she complain? She's going to bring up the same old sayings again. Stuff like she shouldn't be marrying me, doctor's hearts are all on patients, and never on family. I can only tell her, that I'll bring her to travel the world once I retired. Places like Italy, Iceland, I have to visit all of the places that I haven't been to when I was young.


Charlie smiled, scooping a small little wonton and enjoyed them in small bites.


Dr. He: When that happens, I'll leave my burdens to you.


Charlie: In the future, the patients will only say, that Dr. Zha surpasses his mentors, time will move on.


Dr. He: Yeah right. I heard that Alan is also back to the country already, is that true?


Charlie: Yeah, his son pestered to come back, complaining that there's no way to learn Wushu outside of the country, but he ended up not getting used to the life in this country when he's back. 


Dr. He: Are you still visiting Alan's place very often?


*T/N: Dr. Alan is Charlie's psychologist.



Charlie: I do, but I'm there to share thoughts with his son, and teach him how to get accustomed to a new environment.


Dr. He: Not bad, you are good with accustoming to new things, so you're suitable to teach.


Charlie: With a few more visits, I think I can even get myself certified as a psychologist.


Dr. He laughed loudly upon hearing so, and he began coughing from choking from all of the laughter.


Charlie: You're already at this age, can't you be more steady in eating?


Dr. He: If I were steady, would I even accept you as my disciple?


Charlie: So why did you accept me?


Dr. He remained quiet, only looking at Charlie's purple pupils, seemingly falling back into his memories.


Dr. He: Charlie, actually... besides having similar eyes as hers, your personalities are also very similar. You are both the type that wouldn't give up until you stumble into a dead end. But there are some waters that you should never get into, and there are some things that you really shouldn't be involved with. You probably went to Chief Sun's office again, right? I know, even if you're fired, nothing will stop you.


Charlie: Yeah, but I didn't notice anything. There's only normal medicine in that safe.


Dr. He: So you see, you have your theories, but you didn't have proof, so it's nothing meaningful. There are many time where doctors can only save lives, but not other things.


Charlie: Don't you want to learn the truth?


Dr. He: You're still young, you'll understand once you're older and have a family. Finding out the truth isn't the only good thing. Compared to the truth, I'm more concerned if this will bring any effects to my family. You also have someone important to you now, no? You'll have to fulfill your own needs.


He patted on Charlie's shoulder, stood up tiredly, then walked towards the entrance.



Charlie: Lao He. If there comes a day where you know that everything about you are arranged by others, even your life and death isn't something of your control, what will you do?


The elderly is hidden under the shades of the door frame. He looked much older now.


Dr. He: I'll pretend that I know nothing about it. It's already very late, you should finish work soon.



Charlie: But there's no way for me to pretend I know nothing. There's a thorn in my heart. Each time someone dies because of it, this thorn will stab a little deeper. It can no longer be taken out.


What answers him is only the sounds of the winds outside the window, but will the answer be wafting within the winds?



This is the first time Charlie not driving home. He walked on the streets, and looked at his surroundings seriously.


He has no clue of how much sins are hidden within the city he is living in.


After a moment, he dialed a number.


Charlie: Jill, I need you to investigate someone immediately, the chief of burns department of the first people hospital, Sun TaiZhong.


The person on other end of the phone conversation agreed to it instantly. After a short silence, he brought him a somewhat unpleasant news.


Charlie's father has already arrived Guang Qi city, and proposed to meet him.



Charlie: ... Understood.


The severe headache came without any warnings. Charlie trembles as he takes out the medicine from his pocket, and swallowed in big gulps.



The giant shadow shrouds above him, there's some giant creature opening its mouth, seemingly wanting to swallow him into its stomach.


Charlie turned around. The black wings on the advertisement board behind him flapped a bit, but very quickly disappeared.


Something fluttered. It might be the first snow, and it might also possibly be feathers.








Chapter 12 will be translated when I can do it.

Alternatively, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!


If you'd like to support my translations, feel free to contact me for commissions or buy me a ko-fi here!


Until next update! :)












Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.