Main Story Chapter 10-25 (LIGHT END): Ward No.6 (六号病房) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

4/04/2022 12:15:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

 


 Before reading this chapter, please check Chapter 10-22 over here

Alternatively, to read Chapter 10's Night End, read here!

.

.

.


I also loved this ending so much (despite it being so short) that I recorded it separately here:







My heart suddenly throbbed twice, feeling extremely unsettling.


Seeing the fire getting increasingly violent, it seems like there's no signs of diminishing. is Charlie still in there? Will he be alright?


I placed his jacket that he asked me to keep for him with the receptionist, and ran all the way towards the building with the dissection room.


It's only a few hundred meters of distance, but why does it feel so distant right now?


I repetitively muttered Charlie's name internally, praying so that nothing bad will happen to him.


By the time I've rushed to the ground floor of the building, the barricade tape is already being put on, with firefighters seizing every second possible in their rescuing mission, I hurriedly told them Charlie is still inside.


Every second of waiting felt like infinity, right now, I can truly feel the sense of despair, the unavoidable, helpless hopelessness where fate is in the hands of accidents.


But he promised me he'll be fine, I should believe in him, and I have to believe in him.


I tried my best to not be overly panic, squeezing myself into the layers of crowd, wanting to have a glimpse of the situation inside, even if it's just a tiny bit.


You: I'm sorry, passing through! There's someone I know who's still inside!


Suddenly, a familiar figure appeared from the distant of my view, it's still the somewhat arrogant pace of footsteps, and his eye-catching silvery-grey hair.



You: !!


My world felt like it has been separated away by vacuum glass, and everything became quiet in a sudden.


Watching him walking towards me step by step, as if it's a gust of unstoppable, vigorous wind. The glass then shattered, with sunlight pouring in, and the surrounding voices became real for once again.




I opened my mouth, before I've returned to my senses, I'm already being pulled into an embrace full of the smell of smokes and ashes. The embrace is a little trembling, as if it was confirming something, making me uncontrollably wanting to hold him tighter.


My nose felt sore all of a sudden, even I had no idea why. The time has forcefully brought me back to that night when we met, and unknowing when, our lives has been closely intertwined.


I hugged him tightly, it's my first time feeling that I'm this close to facing death.


Mouthing as if I wanted to say something, but I realized my  mind is in complete blank, and I can only yell out instinctively.


You: Charlie! Are you purposely trying to make me worry?!


Charlie: Wouldn't my death be perfectly fulfilling your wish? The engagement will be cancelled.


He hugged me tightly, but his tone of tease is still unchanged.


You: Say anything more and I'll never care about you ever again.


Charlie: Alright alright alright, I won't say it anymore.


You: Can you consider about others when you do things next time.... They say disasters will remain for thousands of years, shouldn't a top-class disaster like you be living for many many years?


Charlie: Yes, I'm a disaster, a disaster specially for you.


He let go of me, and wiped my tears away from my cheeks.



Charlie: Crying until such extents, I dare to be certain that you've already fallen for me.


You: I didn't!


Charlie: Then that'd be a little terrible, if you are still not falling for me, I'm going to start falling for you instead.


I have originally stopped my tears, but suddenly I don't know if I should cry or laugh anymore, only to put on a stern face again.


You: Don't ever take such risks again next time! Charlie, you're already the best doctor in my opinion.



Charlie: ... What?


As if he didn't expect me to say so, he  looked a little stunned.


You: There's something that I haven't been managing to tell you in time. When I was searching if Yangyang's grandma has a will to live, I could sense from her-- it's a feeling of thankfulness.


I looked into Charlie's eyes seriously.


You: Charlie, she's thankful to you. You didn't do anything wrong.


Back then, my powers weren't stable, and the elder's emotions were also very weak.


Besides the will to live, there are many unexplainable tiny emotions that were floating around, I was already incapable of remember if there were actually a feeling of thankfulness.


But unsure of the reason, I just felt that I should tell this to him. Right now, and immediately, I need to tell him everything that should be told.


You: You are already a very amazing, very amazing doctor.


Before I can even let my sentence end, I've once again hugged into his embrace. This time there's no more trembling, and there's no more panic. My ears are closely stuck on his chest, and I can hear his heart beating very violently.



Charlie: Fiancée, I really have waited for you.






Until next update on who-knows-when, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!


If you'd like to support my translations, feel free to contact me for commissions or buy me a ko-fi here!


Until next update! :)




Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.