Main Story Chapter 11-20 (NIGHT END): Along with the Sins (与罪同行) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

4/10/2022 12:40:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Please read the previous part of this chapter before proceeding to this chapter here.

Alternatively, to read Chapter 11's Light End, please click here.


.

.

.

.



Jesse: Y/N, wake up, it's time for breakfast.



I opened my eyes in a blur, and the man's face appeared within my line of gaze, making me to immediately let out a scream.


You: Ah! Why are you at my house?!


Jesse: Didn't you bring me back last night? I even slept by the bedsheet beside your bed!


You: ... I remembered now. I've been living alone for too long, I'm not quite used to having someone to suddenly appear.


Jesse: Then I'll be here more frequently to make you get used to it.


You: Are you thinking that I'll simply agree to it just because I can't respond to it well enough when I just woke up?


Jesse (groans): ......


You: I have also changed alright.



I ruffled his hair and trotted to the living room following the scent.


You: So sleepy, why is it only 6AM? Did you buy breakfast from downstairs?


Jesse: What do you mean I bought it? I made them myself alright.


You: When did you learn how to cook?


Bean curd, century egg porridge, Youtiao... There are so much variety, it's just like a miniature breakfast shop. I picked up a piece of egg crepe and sent it to my mouth.


You: Delicious! It's not oily, and it's very fragrant!



Jesse: Well of course, I've honed my skills overseas!


You: I'll brush my teeth, wait for me to have breakfast together!



As I brushed my teeth, I suddenly recalled that Tangyuan's mother can't cook other things, but she's still very good in making breakfast. I've always been eating at his house back in the past.


Even if the adults aren't at home, he'd be lazy to cook on his own. He'll run to the alley to buy himself a bowl of beancurd.


Could his mom stopped making breakfast for him overseas? Or was there some hidden story, just like his father...


Jesse: The soy milk is also done, why are you so slow in brushing your teeth?


After shaking my head and throwing my nonsensical thoughts to the back of my mind, I made a sound to the living room in response.


You: Coming!



Jesse didn't eat breakfast with me, but have instead picked up a call and left in a hurry.


Before he left, he even purposely told me that he can't stand looking at my fridge, so he has sorted it out for me throughout the entire night.


You: Was it that unsightly?


I opened my fridge as I drink the soy milk, and immediately choked on it.


You: *coughs*--


I have never thought my fridge could be this tidy!


The originally messy vegetables, eggs and drinks are all neatly coded, even my expired little buns that are all disposed, there's even a lot of new food ingredients in it.


A memo is stuck on the fridge: The first weakness of Missy is to simply place expired food. But it's alright, since sorting out expired food is Tangyuan's strength~


I can't help but to laugh at the sight of this memo.


Perhaps there are still many secrets between us, but I know, that nothing has changed between us.


This itself is enough.



Jesse returned home, tiredly stretched himself, then pressed on a hidden button on his wall.


A block of tile moved sideways, a flight of stairs downwards immediately appeared in the square hole.



This is an underground basement that has no light. There's a wall neatly filled with intel from newspaper and magazine cutouts, with a few photos in between.


The man with eyes that looked somewhat similar to Jesse's in the photo is smiling at his son in his arms.


Many masks are hung on the other side of the wall. Jesse searched for them from all over the world.



Only when he puts on these masks and hides himself in the plays, that he will finally feel that he isn't Jesse.


It goes not matter who it is, whether as someone pretentious, someone in pain, someone cruel, or even someone who lives on in degradation, it's all fine. As long as it isn't himself.


The moment he puts on his first mask, he knew, the happiest moment in his life has already ended. It will no longer exist from then onwards.


It's pointless to resist it, so he can only accept it gladly.


He took off one of the masks, but his phone have then instead dragged him back to reality.

 

It's a document Yu Yang sent. A man's information is clearly recorded in it, there's also a phone number.



Jesse: Zhou WeiCheng...


He dialed the number. The person on the phone did not speak, but he knows, that person is listening.


Jesse: I know what you want. Let's make a trade.










Alternatively, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!


If you'd like to support my translations, feel free to contact me for commissions or buy me a ko-fi here!


Until next update! :)




Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.