Main Story Chapter 12-03: Savage Game (蛮荒游戏) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

4/12/2022 12:25:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-


Please read Chapter 12-01 here before proceeding with this chapter.


 


I am "dragged" down from a taxi by Osborn.


We originally agreed to meet at his house, but after hearing my brief on the incident, Osborn changed the venue to the outskirts.


It's probably a certain secret hideout, I suppose? How would it look like? Osborn has been sealing his lips so tightly and never spoke about it in the past, so I imagined that place to look like a dragon's den, and I can't help but to start feeling nervous.


Just when I was about to tell the taxi driver about my destination, someone suddenly knocked on the window. Osborn is striding on his motorcycle, and gestured me to get off the taxi.


I took the motorcycling helmet he handed to me, but my hands suddenly became disobedient. I can't manage to buckle up no matter how many times I've tried.


Osborn sighed, patted my head, and with a click, he easily buckled it up.



Osborn: Silly girl, nervous now?


You: We are going to your secret hideout, there must be a lot of professionals there, of course I'm nervous.


After a few seconds of silence, Osborn suddenly burst out in laughter that his voice echoed in the empty road. His torso is completely shaking, it's as if he's no longer capable of controlling it.


Osborn: I really am impressed, our Fifth has too much sense of humor recently huh. Who told you we're going to some sort of secret hideout? You're putting it in a way that made it sound like we're going to do something bad.


You: ... Huh? So the place we're going is?


Osborn: My old home.


You: ... Old home?


So what did I say again? Secret hideout? Professionals? My cheeks immediately flushed red, but Osborn is still laughing at me.


You: Stop laughing already!


I can't help but to poke his cheek a few times.



Osborn: Ouch, that really hurts.


You: I'm sorry!


Osborn: Then massage it for me.


I knew he's most probably teasing me again, so I only gave him a couple of perfunctory massages.


Osborn: That's what I'm talking about. Let's go, hop in.



The motorbike sped on the road. Though very fast, but as long as I'm encircling Osborn's waist, it feels very safe.


Osborn: I noticed that you are getting more and more used to my speed now.


You: But I feel like you're driving a little slower than before.


Osborn: Pretty accurate feelings right there huh. Are you cold?


You: A little.


Osborn: Then stick your face onto my back.


Just when I was about to do so, I suddenly noticed that the cloth underneath his collar are rows and rows of studs.


You: Osborn, your cloth would stab my face.


With a shriek, the motorbike parked by the roadside. Osborn got off the bike, smoothly took off his jacket and draped it over me.


Osborn: I'll remember not to wear this the next time I see you.


He opened the windshield glass of his helmet, showing a smile through his eyes, soothing out his sharp gaze.


He speaks as he is about to pull the jacket's zipper up, but I've pressed onto his hand instead.


Osborn: What's wrong?


You: There'll be studs in front if it's pulled up too, what happens if it stabs you? I'll leave it open. This cloth looks good, just keep wearing it next time.


Osborn: Okay, I'll listen to you.


You: Won't you feel cold then?



Osborn: Hold me tighter, then I won't feel cold anymore.


You: ...... Wait, I suddenly thought of a very serious problem. Don't you bounty hunters sign any agreements? Accepting commissions just like that?


Osborn: Of course we do. Look for it in the jacket's pocket.


I took out a paper with full of terms and conditions on it, with an empty space left above for the commissioned content and remuneration, and the lowermost part for signature. Just when I was about to fold it up and write it when we reach the destination--


Osborn: You have to finish writing it before arriving.


You: Then wouldn't I have to write it on the way there? But how do I write it now?


Osborn: It's easy, write it against my back.


He straightened his body, and pointed at his shoulder.


You: Huh? Okay...


Why do I feel like I've just fallen into Osborn's trap?


You: How should I write about the content of commission?


Osborn: Just tell me the things you want to find out, I'll investigate for you.


After giving it a thought, I picked up my signing pen, and wrote my request on it.


Osborn: Fill my segment for me after you're done too.


You: What do you want to write?


Osborn: Bounty hunter Osborn accepts the commission, there's no limitation of time, and will be at your beck and call.


He did not even turn around, and delivered his words so straightforwardly just like that, showing not a single bit of hesitation.


Seeing that I'm not making a move, he took the pen from my hand, and such a ridiculous commission content seeps into the blank space of the contract just like that.


My eyes felt like they are a little warm.


You: What sort of...



Osborn: Long-term contract. It's my first time signing for one too.


He picked up the paper and looked at it for a while, looking very casual.


You: Can I add a little more into the content? In the commission.


Osborn: Of course, you wanted a bodyguard too?


You: It's not about that...


I continued writing at the end of my sentence.


Stop the investigations immediately if any dangers are encountered. This also includes cases of potentially dangerous situations.


The contract immediately terminates due to injuries from investigation. This also applies if the condition of injury is kept as a secret.


The commissioned can give up on the agreement with no conditions applied.


If the commissioner's Talent can provide help, by all means please allow the commissioned to participate in the investigations together--


I wanted to continue writing, but my hand is held. I am welcomed by a warm smile as soon as I looked up.


Osborn: Hey hey, that's enough. If the commissioned is participating the investigation, how am I going to calculate the renumeration?


You: I'll pay you! Tell me, what do you want?


Osborn: This is a little difficult indeed, I've also gotten quite some good stuff from you.


He pointed at his collar. The uppermost button isn't buttoned up, showing the silver necklace at his neck. The button pendant is dangling on it, glistening under the sun.


Osborn: How about this, call me 'Gege'*, and I'll take that as the renumeration.


*T/N: Big brother, but in CN this can be used affectionately, not only to siblings.


You: You-- I was just about to ask, are you bullying me?


Osborn: How can you call that bullying?


He pinched my cheek.


Osborn: Is this considered bullying?


You: Osborn!


The shadows fell onto the asphalt road, one after another, they are both dragged very, very long.






Chapter 12-06 is now translated here!

Alternatively, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!


If you'd like to support my translations, feel free to contact me for commissions or buy me a ko-fi here!


Until next update! :)




Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.