[Light and Night Event] Evan's Birthday Event: Part 2: Episode 01 || 光与夜之恋 陆沉生日活动 奇遇初体验・繁花之旅:剧情01

1/26/2022 11:42:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Please read prologue here before proceeding with reading~




Ever since winter has begun, today's weather is so great that it's hard to get by.


The sculpture plaza before us is the landmark attraction of Shiodome, since the previous decade until today, it has remained a traditional Europa style.


The symmetric lines draws out the classical yet complicated patterns, its colors slightly faded over time.



You: This is the first location we drawn.


The warm sun shines brightly, that the last bits of dampness in my nervousness are all baked into nothingness.


I turned around to face Evan, and walked backwards, step by step.


You: Do you want to guess what activity you've drawn?



Evan: In my impression, the things I wrote were all very normal. However judging from your expression, it looks like it's telling me, that it's time to give me a hard time?


You: No I wasn't!


I placed the memo across Evan's eyes, blocking off the smile hanging over the corner of his lips.


You: Ta-da--! Driving on the sculpture plaza, how is this counted as giving you a hard time?


Evan took the little piece of paper, and quietly looked around at his surroundings.


Evan: Driving is easy, but driving in the plaza is forbidden.


I tugged the hem of his cloth, and smiled rather confidently. 


You: Follow me!


Walking past the crowd, my smiles looked gradually clearer along with the joyful music.


Evan: This is...


At the west corner of the plaza, dozens of children car are parked in a line. 


In order to accommodate to Shidome's overall style, it even uses a old-style convertible cars, looking delicate and retro.


After I've secretly captured the rare sliver of hesitation from Evan, I can't help but to let out a smile.


You: It can't be helped, this is the only car that is allowed to be driven in this plaza.


After nodding towards the rental staff not far away from us, I pressed on the car lock.


Before I can even sit well, the seat by my side has slightly sunk too.


Seeing Evan face-to-face, I can't help but to start laughing.


You: It feels like I've suddenly returned to childhood, being short, so everything seemed very large.


I patted on the remote control area on the driver's seat.


You: I'll leave the steering to you then!


Evan has probably began observing the car's structure as soon as he sat down, and turned his head slightly towards me when he heard me.



Evan: Do you trust me this much?


You: That's right, you can drive it anywhere you like.


He gently turned the little handle on the right side of the steering wheel, experimented it simply, and very quickly mastered maneuvering it. 


You: Not bad not bad! It moved!


The tail lamp lights up, bringing breezes across the plaza, as if the entire world have been shrunk into this very space.


The central fountain rises and falls with the melodious song, sunlight embellishing a faint layer of gold onto every splash of water droplet.


Evan: Do you like playing this when you were little?


You: Yeah, but my sense of direction is very bad. Sometimes when there are many cars, I'll become nervous, I intended to drive left, but the moment I stepped onto the pedal, it'll be driven to the right side.


Evan: Just like this?


Evan made a sudden turn, and the car made a 180 degree turn.


You: !


The sudden inertia pushed me into his embrace.


In the toy car with limited space, our clothes rubbed against each other, traces of the changes in each fold of every layer could be felt.


You: Why did you accelerate all of a sudden?



Evan: I'm sorry, I just wanted to test the extremes of the toy car.


Evan was clearly apologizing, but a prankster's smile is clearly hidden within his gentle tone.


The same engine sound could be heard from behind, there's a pink toy car catching up to us very quickly.


A young pair of mother and daughter sits in the car, joyful frolicking dispersed in the winds.


The moment we crossed each other, the girl suddenly turned away from her mother's embrace, and waved to us with all her might.


Child: Mister handsome! Are you also bringing Miss pretty for a ride?


I can't hold back from pursing into a smile, imitating the little girl's actions, and held onto the arm of the person beside me.


You: That's not it, it's missy who's taking him out.


I then leaned onto Evan's shoulder, and added another line with a voice that only the two of us can hear clearly. 


You: So today, I am little Evan's guardian~


With a distance so close that he's within an arm's reach, I could see him so clearly, that even each of his drooping eyelash are clear in sight.


Evan stunned a little, the pair of eyes behind the lenses gradually tinted with a soft smile.


As if the mother by her side reminded her of something, the girl turned her head towards us again.


Child: I hope mister handsome and miss pretty can have fun like me! Uh... and can ride little car every day!


Evan and I smiled at each other, then waved at her.


Our convertible kept driving forward, the cold breeze became warm under the sunlight.


My hand that was originally supporting against the side of my car seat is suddenly enveloped within Evan's large palm.


You: Eh?


With an arm on the steering wheel, index finger lifting up slightly, and pointed towards the road sign not far away.


The signboard has a line of reminder written in yellow: In order to prevent loss, we wish for all parents to hold onto their children properly.


Evan: Didn't you want to be my guardian?


Half of his side leaned slightly closer to me, strands of hair intertwined.



Evan: We have to follow the rules.


You: ... Okay!


The fountain splashes out its water pillars again, like transparent fireworks rising to the skies.


I held back to Evan's hand lightly, he passed through the spaces between my fingers, and locked his warmth completely within.




Event Stories will be updated in the pages linked here once they are released and translated!


Birthday Call



Meanwhile, feel free to check out other date translations for Light and Night here!





Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.