[Light and Night Event] Evan's Birthday Event: Part 2: Episode 04 || 光与夜之恋 陆沉生日活动 奇遇初体验・繁花之旅:剧情04

1/29/2022 01:13:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Please read Episode 03 here before proceeding with reading~



I only realized the night skies have completely overtaken the sunlight at the moment we walked out of the photography studio.


Long shadows dragged across the concrete floor, stretching all the way to the neon-lit street corner.


Entering the livehouse with the crowd, everyone had a blue stamp of different numbers on the back of their hands, this is the unique proof of entry.



You: Evan, over here!


The bustling venue immediately separated us, I tried my best to tiptoe and placed my hands over my mouth like a loudspeaker.


As soon as I called out to him, the low bass started a soundwave, and the cheers are livening the atmosphere endlessly.


Men and women shakes their head and pogoed crazily, releasing their emotions that can't be expressed elsewhere.


Evan stopped his footsteps, carefully reading my lip, and very quickly walked towards me.


I raised my phone and waved my phone screen before him.


The memo papers in the photo writes 'livehouse' and 'listen to music' separately, and it's a rare combination that matches well.


You: Whistle when others whistle, and shout together when everyone calls for encore. You can do whatever you want, the most important thing is to enjoy your hearts out!


The light and shadows kept interchanging over Evan's face, brushing past the sweater he unbuttoned.


Perhaps it's because everyone here are standing very close to each other, I stuck with him undisturbedly.


You: Do you find it too noisy? Wanna have a look in front?


Evan bent down in the midst of the bustling noise, scorching breath fell by my ear.


Evan: Are you worrying about me?


You: Yeah, I'm worried that you aren't used to it. Since... it's probably your first time here, right?


The moment the disco ball turns, he held my waist, and smiled intently.



Evan: Alright, then it shall be the first time.


What did he mean by "then it shall be"...?


Before I can understand the deeper meaning to it, two familiar numbers leaped out from the microphone.


Lead singer: Are our friends of number 22 and 23 here? Raise your hands up--


I lifted my arm in surprise, the same number is clearly written on it, with a commotion sounding around me.


Spectator A: Wow, I'm so jealous! I wanted to go up there and sing together too!


Spectator B: Me too me too, it'd be nice even if I just stand by the side and count beats, huhuhu...!


It's the repertoire of this band to invite spectators on the stage during their interlude.


Evan and I were pushed to the front most by the crowd, sounds of applause also lead the atmosphere towards its climax.


He stepped astride onto the stage, then gently lifted me up by my waist, helping me to stand on the stage stably.


Lights swaying, and through the noisy cheers, I could hear my hastened breath.


Suddenly, the strength covering my hand tightened slightly.



Evan: The most important thing is to enjoy your heart's out, that's what you said earlier.


The deep voice sounded by my ear, making the nervous emotions completely crumble.


Hence I no longer hesitate, and picked up the microphone.


Evan: Are you ready?


You: Yeah!


The black and white keys played, guitar strummed quickly, raising deafening soundwaves across the venue.


My voice overlapped with Evan's as we sang our hearts out in the music.


In between the accompaniment, I secretly tickled his palm, and mouthed to him.


You: Perfectly jinxed.


And in the blurred lights, he quietly caught onto my disobedient finger that kept moving about.


The drum beats like raindrops, other musical instruments continued to strum crazily, entering the climax of the refrain.


The music suddenly stopped when it arrived its climax, and the loudest source of sound in the entire livehouse suddenly disappeared.


The sudden quietness magnified my heartbeat infinitely, as if there's only this stage that remained in the entire world.


Perhaps it's the magic brought by music, right now, an extremely ridiculous idea surfaced in my mind.


I whispered by the lead singer's ear, and he very quickly gestured an OK to me with a smile.


Taking a deep breath, I placed a hand on the musical keyboard, single, choppy notes flowed out from my fingertips.


Sol, sol, la, sol, do, si... *


*T/N: Birthday song


The crowd began whispering to each other, and very quickly, the commotion quieted down.


Spectator A: Eh? It's birthday song--


I leaned close to the microphone, and started singing with the slow-paced tempo.


After a few seconds of hesitation, there are many complexed, strange bits of emptions slowly flowing across Evan's eyes.


There's surprise, warmth, calmness, and finally exuding his utmost, quietest gentleness.


He took a few steps forward to stand by my side, and placed a hand on the keyboard too.



Evan: For this part, just leave it to me.


Evan played lightly in company with my voice, the scattering singing voices gradually joined together, and became a choir.


By the time the last note falls, the champagne rushed out from the bottle, bringing yet another wave of screams.


Amidst the bustling sounds, Evan's scorching breath pours over my ears, only to be heard by me alone.


Evan: Thank you, Y/N.


Just when I was about to speak, Evan held my hand, his gaze fell into my eyes.


The disco ball no longer spins, but why do I feel, that everywhere I can see are filled with stars?






Event Stories will be updated in the pages linked here once they are released and translated!


Birthday Call



Meanwhile, feel free to check out other date translations for Light and Night here!





Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.