[Light and Night Event] Evan's Birthday Event: Part 1: Pre-Quest Story || 光与夜之恋 陆沉生日活动・ 奇遇初体验・韫色构想:前置剧情

1/24/2022 12:18:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-




 


The moment my fieldwork ends, the skies suddenly poured heavily.


Just when I was observing how heavy the rain is, I saw a familiar car slowly passing through the curtains made of thin, woven rains of raindrop, and stopped by the staircase.


The window of the back seat has already been lowered. I bend over to have a look inside, it's Evan's distinctive jawline.



Evan: It's not far from the airport from here, so I dropped by on my way after seeing your message when I landed.


The exhibition center is located in the city, so it can't be considered as "on his way".


I can only see his eyes after lowering my body a little. Before I can even speak, a smile surfaces under the golden rim.


Evan: Get in the car.


After putting on my seatbelt, Evan have instead not driving in a hurry, but have instead opened the center console , and took out a bowl of dessert. 


You: Is it for me?



Evan: Didn't you say you wanted to drink something sweet on the phone?


Taking the paper bowl from the paper bag, the name of the shop printed on it seemed familiar. Fingertips stunned slightly, and lifted the cover up.


A warmth fragrance spreads everywhere, and pulled out my blurry memories.


You: Is this... that shop that sells shaved ice*?


*T/N: Reference from Chapter 3-01.


Evan: Mm.


Back then, it wasn't long since I just joined Warson. Evan accompanied me to rent a house, us hiding under a narrow desserts stall in hunger-- It seemed like it was also a rainy day in my impression.


But it was shaved ice that were filled with fruits back then, and right now it's a warm red bean soup.


I'm afraid it'll be too hot, so I took a light sip. It's very soft, and it's not sweet, so I sent them into my mouth a spoonful after another.


Evan: You're so focused while eating, what's on your mind?


You: I'm thinking about a gift in return.


I pointed at the red bean soup in my hand, putting on a look as if I've taken advantages from him.



Evan: Looks like you've thought of a good idea.


Zhou Yan in the driver's seat lowered the separator, and handed a vibrating phone to Evan.


Evan: I'm sorry, can you wait for me for a little?


He switched the phone from his left ear to his right, gaze lingering over the few stacks of thick documents.


You: Do you want this?


I pointed at the proposal document beside him, the person in front of me smiled and received it.


He listened as he gave simple replies, flipping the table board's documents as he leave marks on them speedily.


Raindrops splatter and hopped on the tightly shut car window, veiling a layer of light specks to the nighttime GuangQi.


I stared at it quietly for a moment, yet I can't help to slightly avert my gaze towards Evan, and coincidentally saw him hanging up the call and looking over. 



Evan: You were peeking at me?


I quickly gazed away from him, feeling a little guilty.


You: If you weren't looking at me, how would you know I was looking at you? How's everything, are they solved?


Evan: Mm, there's something urgent that requires approval, I'll confirm it again when I'm back to the office.


Words paused for a moment, Evan suddenly opened his palm towards me.


You: ?


Evan: Weren't you gifting something in return?


He spoke as he extended his palm a little closer towards me, and looked at me intently.


Our gazes exchanged for a few seconds, and placed my phone onto his palm.


The screen brightens up, memo filled with many proposals of outings.



You: Then what if... I said I wanted to celebrate your birthday for you, does this count as a gift in return? Isn't it your birthday next weekend?


Evan stunned a little, then followed with a faint smile.


His gaze drifted, as if he's looking into the deepest parts of the misty rain behind me.



Evan: Yeah, it's almost my birthday. So, are you giving me the power of choice for the outing?


You: Originally yes.


My fingers gently tapped to remove the list of choices, the list of plans became empty in an instant.


You: But now, these are all scraped.


I smiled slyly, quickly took out a book of memo pads from my bag, and torn off a few pages.


You: Why is my pen missing...


Evan: Use mine.


Evan handed his pen to me, fingertips gently brushed across my palm, it's the one he used earlier.


You: I'll write 10 locations, and you write 10 things that you wanted to do. After folding them we'll pick them randomly at the same time, and celebrate your birthday with these combination!


Seeing Evan giving no response, I supported my chin with my arm and leaned closer to him.


You: Afraid now?


Hearing the word "afraid", Evan imitated me and leaned closer.



Evan: What do you think?


He smiled in amusement, and I can feel his warm breath.


I retracted my gaze shyly, then pushed the memo papers to him. For a moment, there are only sounds of writing in the car.


Evan: You've planned for so long, isn't it a pity to delete them suddenly?


I shook my head, only to speak after thinking for a while.


You: Not at all, I was just thinking, you are always very busy on a daily basis. If your birthday is also just a to-do list, then it isn't any different from usual days. Am I correct, CEO Lu?


The pen makes its last stroke on the memo pad, the streetlights outside the car swayed, and shone into his gentle eyes.


Shuffling the folded little papers, Evan and I each picked four papers in the stash of locations and activities.


The matched papers are placed on the table in pairs, like the test papers waiting for its results to be revealed.



Evan: Looks like you're more nervous than I do.


You: I was thinking, how about we make it a challenge until the end?


Evan: Make it a challenge until the end?


You: Yeah, would you be willing to not look at the content of the notes for now? Let me sort the results first, then take a look at the locations in advance, and keep the surprise for you until the day of your birthday.


Evan lifted an arm and ruffled my hair.



Evan: Sure, then I'll leave myself to your care.


As our fingertips intertwined, through this pen that still has some of the lingering warmth remaining, I tapped his palm.


You: No problem! It will definitely be the most special birthday, I promise.



Evan: Being with you itself would be the most special birthday I can have.


A slit opens from the car window, the night breeze disperses his smiling tone.






Event Stories will be updated in the pages linked here once they are released and translated!


Birthday Call



Meanwhile, feel free to check out other date translations for Light and Night here!



Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.