[Light and Night Event] Evan's Birthday Event: Part 2: Episode 05 || 光与夜之恋 陆沉生日活动 奇遇初体验・繁花之旅:剧情05

1/29/2022 08:58:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 


Please read Episode 04 here before proceeding with reading~




After staying for a period of time in the livehouse, our bodies are filled with confetti ribbons and champagne foams.




Evan: If you don't get changed, it's going to be easy to catch a cold.


Evan draped his coat on me, and turned on the car's heater slightly.


The taillight left a trail of light in the night, driving through the long streets, and the surrounding buildings gradually looked more familiar.


This is Evan's house that locates in Shidome, it's a Victorian style villa.


Evan: What did you recall? You looked happy.


You: I just remembered, I was also drenched like this, and was also having your coat on during my last visit*.


*T/N: Evan's maid card date iirc.


Evan stunned slightly, and a smile follows right after.


Now that we returned to indoors after leaving the bustling venue, it feels particularly warm and relaxed.



Evan: You can take a shower upstairs, Auntie Wang* will prepare clean clothes for you. If you feel bored later, you can stay in my study for a while.


*T/N: One of Evan's servants.


You: Then how about you?


Evan: I'll be showering downstairs.


Evan's step paused when he was just about to turn around, and smiled as he caressed my cheek.


Evan: Or, you wanted me to stay here?


You: !


It can't help for the atmosphere to exude a weird flirtatiousness, so I quickly hugged my handbag and escape my way upstairs.


After cleaning up, my body immediately relaxed. Evan has yet to appear, so I could only carry the cake and wait for him in his study.


I wanted to pick a random book to kill time, but my gaze was caught by the international chess set placed on the short table. 


This is an equally-rivaled chess match.


I was too focused at it that I didn't notice someone approaching me by the side, until a large patch of shadow strikes from behind.


Evan leaned down, an arm supporting against the table, his rich voice sounded by my ear.


Evan: So deep in thoughts?


You: Yeah, there are some parts that I didn't understand.


I originally had more to say, but as soon as I saw him when I briefly looked up, my words immediately drowned by my lips.


Evan is wearing a grey sleeping robe, collar exuding a soft light uniquely from silk.


The belt is loosely tied on his left, a water droplet trickles down his chest, heaving rhythmically just as his breath, seeping into the depths of fantasies. 



Evan: Do you want to continue to finish this game?


He turned towards me, and my unsettling gaze still finally returned to the chessboard.


I played as White, and Evan played as Black. The originally heated chess game is gradually shaking.


I kept thinking there's an opening, so I continuously pressured towards the center, but I've instead fell into a trap.


You: It feels like I'll lose no matter how I play...


I supported my chin with my chin, only to make a fake move, and pray for him to fall for it.




Evan languidly leaned against the tableside, reached out for the queen, and gently caressed it within between his fingertips.


Rather than calling it as his subconscious play when he's in his thoughts, I'd call it as his way to examine the situation when he knows everything is under his control.


You: Why are you taking this long to think? Isn't Black already at its advantage?


He did not answer it directly, but only to allow the rays of light deliberately reflecting its scattering light on the chess piece.


Evan: Even for easier games, you can't let your guards down either. Leave no regrets after each move, regardless the world, the same rule applies. This is the line I heard the most when I first learn chess.


You: But rules are rules, and we are who we are.


I lifted my hand, fingertips brushed past Evan's palm, taking out the chess piece from his hand, and simply placed it on the chessboard.


The placed piece can't break the game, and it isn't even anywhere logical nor meaningful, but does it matter anymore?


I smiled as I gazed deep into his eyes.


You: At least in my world, you'll always have a room for regrets.


After stunning slightly, Evan smiled slightly.


Evan: Then now, am I allowed to regret on something?


You: Hm? What do you want to be regret about?


Evan extended an arm to encircle my waist, drawing me close, and his intentionally lowered voice is somewhat alluring.



Evan: I originally wanted to play chess with you... But now, there's something more important that I wanted to do.


Evan held my hand, fingertip gently caressing  on the back of my hand.


My heart uncontrollably trembled a little, even my voice became demure.


You: We haven't even eaten the cake...


I turned my body a little, and opened the delicate paper box.


The cake is very tiny, only four inches, with fresh strawberries decorated on top of the cream.


After lighting up a candle, I shut off the lights of the study one by one in my slippers, then returned to Evan.


You: It's done.


Under the candlelight, an unreal feeling exudes from his face, looking even softer than usual.


Evan: Lighting up only one candle?


You: Yeah, because what it  represents isn't age, but the first birthday I spent with you. So, there will be two next year, then three... and there will be many many more in the future!


The specks of candlelight aren't as bright as the moonlight, but it's much gentler than the night.


I closed my eyes before Evan does.


You: Make a wish!


It's Evan's birthday, but I can't help myself to read out quietly in my heart.


I hope I can accompany you for many more birthdays to come, and spend many mornings and nights with you; Touching the borderlines of the past together, and grab tightly onto the unknown future together.


The moment the candlelight is blown, I grabbed onto Evan's collar, and leaned to his ear.



You: Happy birthday, Evan.


In an unlit place, a sense of numbness fell on my cheek, keeping all of the gloominess away.





Event Stories will be updated in the pages linked here once they are released and translated!


Birthday Call



Meanwhile, feel free to check out other date translations for Light and Night here!











Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.