6☆ Valentines Date with Sariel - Undercurrents (暗涌) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

2/14/2022 07:53:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

  

This card is attainable from Valentines gacha.




Video recording of the card:






[Prologue]




The bright, mirror-like marble flooring is reflecting dazzling lights, I lifted my hem as I carefully stepped onto the stage, hearing the staff calling out for my name.


You: I'm over here.


I raised my hand slightly in gesture, the staff nodded upon sight, and confirmed the document in his hand again.


Staff: Y/N... "Best Rookie Designer" correct?


You: That's correct.


Staff: Stand right over there during the award ceremony at night, I'll carry a mic stand to help you to set the spot. You can go straight over right after the prizegiving guest calls your name, then your witness will go with you--


He flipped the pages of the document, and suddenly stunned.


Staff: You don't have a witness?


I drooped my gaze and shook my head, amidst the mumblings of the staff, I recalled what happened a week ago.



It was a normal working day, I entered Group A's office, but I was greatly shocked.


With a loud pop, there are a few confetti tubes being pulled, and accompanied with the fluttering confetti, I heard everyone's cheers.



Mao Ge: Our great designer has finally arrived!



Hao Shuai: Congratulations to Y/N for winning the prize!


You: What prize? What are you guys talking about?


I patted off the confetti on my head, only to feel completely confused.



Li Manman: Didn't you see the selection results of LFA? Y/N you successfully won the yearly "Best Rookie Designer"! 


You: Eh?!


Lorna Fashion Award is an award that have only gotten its popularity in the fashion industry within recent years. It focuses on discovering young designers or new brands in the industry.


Although it is incomparable to the traditional grand awards, but it is still considered a highly valuable prize.


I stared at the phone Li Manman handed to me in disbelief, my name is indeed written on the official website of LFA.


Mao Ge: "From her debut in Warson Prize, to stepping on the stage of Warson's anniversary grand show, then until the completion of the ready-to-wear series of clothing for Pristine. Each step of Y/N have displayed her incomparably excellent talent and hard work to us."


Mao Ge: Tsk tsk, look at this comment, accurate!


I pulled myself back together from the shock I had, and gotten a little bashful from Mao Ge's words.


You: Oh Mao Ge, don't read it out...


Mao Ge: Okay okay, I'll stop reading. Time for some serious talk.


You: What serious talk?



Li Manman: Well of course it's about the dress you're going to wear on the night of receiving your award, and who you're going to invite to be your witness!


You: I have a few dresses to pick at home, as for the witness... what's that?


Mao Ge: Have you never seen LFA's award giving show before?


You: No, I only paid attention to the name list of award winners in the past.


Mao Ge: Because the prize is generally given to rookies, so each award of LFA will invite the award winner and a "witness" to receive the prize together. This "witness" is the most important to rookies, because they are the ones that have witnessed the rookie's growth and improvement.


I nodded, and as Mao Ge's introduction goes on, a certain someone's name almost immediately surfaced from my mind.


I wonder if Sariel will be free, and will he agree to it?


Li Manman: Y/N, who do you want to invite? If I were to win this prize, I think I'll invite my boyfriend. If it weren't for him, I will probably not be persistent in designing. Moreover, look at the time and venue of this award ceremony, it's on the night of February 14th, in Bayfront Building.


Li Manman: After receiving the award, we can even look at the starry night at the rooftop together. Just the thought itself is romantic.


You: Yeah...


I can't help myself but to imagine it too, and made a sound in response.


Who knows Mao Ge have instead frowned, and waved his index finger towards us.


Mao Ge: The ones who have won the prizes are all inviting people like their parents, teachers or seniors, why would one invite boyfriends? Y/N don't listen to Manman's nonsense, just go and invite Director Qi!



You: Eh? Mao Ge, how did you know I was planning to invite him?


Mao Ge: Not only he's your mentor, he's also your superior, and also the designer you admire the most, if it weren't him, who else could it be? Could you have really been also planning to be the same as Manman to invite your boyfriend? Wait a minute, when did you have a boyfriend?!


Hao Shuai: What? There's already gossip after only a short chat? Hurry and spill the tea.


The surrounding is bustling as everyone are talking. But I could only blink as I think about the line Mao Ge mentioned earlier.


Mentor and student, superior and subordinate, idol and fan, is my relationship with Sariel like this in everyone's eyes?


For no reason, my heart felt like there was something stuck within, but I can't understand the reason.


Throughout the whole morning, I was completely shrouded by an odd feeling.



Until I've arrived Sariel's office in the afternoon, and looked at the familiar face, those feelings seemed to have became stronger.


Sariel: Are there flowers on my face?


You: Ah? There aren't any?


Sariel: Then why are you staring at me?


You: I'm sorry, my mind wandered off a little...


I lowered my head as I focus my gaze to the design draft again, but looked up again upon hesitating for a moment.


You: Director Qi, will you be free on next Monday night?


Sariel: So you were thinking about this just now?


Sariel did not answer immediately, gaze fell on the bottom right corner of his computer, probably confirming the date.


His eyes widened slightly, and right after, the corners of his lips seemed to have exuded a sliver of smile.



Sariel: Say it, what off-business activities are you preparing to do this time?


You: That's not it, I wanted to invite you to be my witne--


Halfway through my words, Mao Ge's words in the morning suddenly appeared in my mind, so I stopped.


If Sariel asks me about what this witness is about, what should I answer?


Is it the person who have witnessed my growth, or is it superior, mentor, or the one who leads my path of designing?


These answers didn't seem to have a problem at all, but uncertain of the reason, it still doesn't feel very right in my mind.


Under Sariel's gaze of doubt, I pursed my lips, then shook my head.


You: Forget it, I'll think about it again...


Sariel widened his eyes slightly, lips moving as if he's about to say something, but only to keep his lips tightly shut on the next second, and frowned deeply.


His expressions darkened, only to speak after quite a while, his voice sounded cold.


T/N: My heart shattered here, Sariel's expressions showed that he definitely knew about Valentines and was just ready to do whatever she's going to ask him to, but the sudden disappointment strikes...



Sariel: Suit yourself. Speak again after you've considered it thoroughly next time.


You: Okay...


Sariel is right, I should've sort out those weird feelings in my heart before I tell him about the award ceremony.


I originally thought it's still early, but I didn't expect to have been busy for the next few days. Only until the moment the organizers of FLA asked me about the witness, that I finally recalled that I have not set anything about the matter at all.



I panickily rushed to Sariel's office to look for him, only to have instead found out he has headed to a certain fashion show, and not even picking up his phone.


I really can't stand the organizers rushing me for a decision anymore, so I could only tell them that I have no witness.



The spotlights are switched on with a bang, I then saw the staff clapping his hand.



Staff: Here, let's take a walk on the stage. Everyone please cooperate too.


"Best New Brand", "Yearly Female Attire Designer", "Yearly Male Attire Designer"... The staff read out the names of the awards one by one.


The award recipients and their witnesses continued to walk past me. Looking at their silhouettes, I can't help myself but to feel a little envious.


You: If I knew about it I wouldn't have been thinking this much, and invite Sariel right away...


I sighed. It's already to think about all of these at this point of time.


Staff: Next person, "Best Rookie Designer".


The spotlight falls on the left side of the stage, after the prizegiving guest walked upon the stage and called out my name, I can go up to the stage.


I lowered my head as I tidied my hem, took a deep breath in, and by the time I looked up, I was so shock that I forgot to breathe out.


The most unexpected person have appeared on the stage.


You: Sariel...?


Sariel is donned in a set of black suit, standing under the spotlight, quietly turned his head towards me.


The black blazer is paired with a white shirt, he wore it so simple yet looking professional, looking full of calmness, just like a tall bamboo in the midst of snow.


He was dressed in a simple and minimalist look, but have instead made everything around him to lose their colors.


He looked at me, light-colored pupils blinked.


The atmosphere is oddly quiet, only the sounds of my heartbeat are becoming clearer to my ears.


I completely forgot how I walked up to the stage, and how I have coordinated with the staff to complete the rehearsal.



Until I've walked down from the stage with Sariel, I've finally returned to my senses.


You: Sariel, why are you here?



Sariel: They invited me to be the prizegiving guest. I agreed to it.


You: Eh? But why?


There were definitely many award ceremonies that have invited Sariel in the past, but he almost declined them all, but why did he come here this time of all times?


Sariel: There's no why, I agreed because I wanted to.


His gaze traveled around me, then glanced towards the back a few times, paused, and finally spoke again.


Sariel: Where's your witness?


He seemed to be really minding about who my witness is, could he have came here just for...


A sliver of anticipation quietly surfaced from my heart. Just when I was about to speak, I was interrupted by the staff's voice.


Staff: Kindly excuse us, we are delivering something over.


A few staff pushed a few pushcarts over, they are all filled with flower baskets, white and green, simple and good-looking.


Sariel and were both forced to move to different sides. Separated by the flower baskets, I can't see his face clearly.


Until after all of the pushcarts have gone through, I have already gotten ready on the things I wanted to say, and quickly asked him the question.


You: Sariel, did you agree to come to the award ceremony because--



Sariel: ... Don't talk for now.


I stunned. Because Sariel's pace of speech is very quick, even the tone of his speech is a little oddly deep.


Only then I noticed he's turning his head away, gaze fell over the end of the corridor.


His eyes are slightly squinted, corners of his eyes are slightly reddened, even the pace of his breathing is a little fast.


You: Sariel?


He did not reply, but his breath has hastened, that it can even be considered as rapid.


You: hat's wrong? Are you alright?


Right then, a sliver of familiar scent wafted to my nose. I startled slightly, and turned around to look at the flower basket the staff placed at the end of the corridor.


The bunch of snow white in the midst of green leaves, it's very familiar, it seems like I've seen it in Sariel's house...


You: Foxtail grass?!*


*T/N: I haven't translated the card related to foxtail grass but imagine this as catnip but for foxes. Sariel becomes very obedient upon being in contact with these plants.


Right at the moment I spoke out those words, Sariel seem to be no longer capable to hold on any longer, stumbled backwards, and could only support himself by leaning against the wall.


I quickly walked forward, and I noticed that his earlobes and corners of his eyes are flushing unnaturally.


What should I do?! Would it be better for me to bring him to rest somewhere?


Looking at Sariel's odd expressions, I grit my teeth, raised my arm to support him, and made a decision in my mind--



[Choice: Where should I bring Sariel to?]



Calling: To the corner of the corridor

Intimacy: To the changing room 

Heartthrob (1): To the balcony for some breeze

Heartthrob (2): To the lounge



[Choice: Do Nothing]


I could still remember, after the last time Sariel sniffed foxtail grass, he has recovered on his own after some time.


You: It shouldn't be having a big issue this time, right...?



After some thought, I still helped him, and brought him to sit down on a nearby sofa.


Just like that, we have quietly rested for some time, and Sariel's expressions gradually returned to normal.


You: Are you feeling a little better?



Sariel: I'm fine now. It's about time, let's head over to the stage.


You: Okay...


I had no chance to ask him more questions, only able to follow Sariel's footsteps, and walk towards the stage together with him.






[Calling: To the corner of the corridor]


Sariel's condition isn't too well, and I can't help him to get anywhere too far either, so I've decided to bring him to take some rest at the corner of the corridor.



I found a long chair, helped Sariel to sit down, and finally let out a sigh of relief.


The person sitting by my side is very quiet, his gaze is fixated to an unknown distant.


I recalled those responses from him after he sniffed the foxtail grass, and I felt some temptations in my heart.


Could he also be as honest as last time, and would be willing to answer to anything I ask?


I was deeply attracted by this idea, bend down and leaned a little closer, took a deep breath, and slowed down my speed of speech.


You: Sariel, can you answer me a few questions?



Sariel: Mm.


You: Are you... participating this award ceremony because of me?


Sariel: Yes.


I widened my eyes, only to feel both surprised and overjoyed, yet also a little troubled.


You: Actually I've been wanting to invite you to be my witness, but I was feeling a little uncertain back then... If I knew this all along I wouldn't be thinking so much, and invited you right away. Thank goodness you're here, it's pretty good to be the award guest too.


He nodded, and I'm not sure which line I said he agreed to.


Entertained by his response, those complicated feelings that have lingered around my heart have all dissipated, and my mood became much brighter too.


Since it's such a rare chance to come by, I have to ask Sariel a few more questions.


You: Um... What do you think about my dress today?


Sariel stared at me in a daze, and after taking a while to respond, he squints his eyes and examined carefully.


I am being watched under those pair of golden eyes, heart tightened a little, and suddenly felt a little regret from asking this question. He can't possibly start to criticize my sense of beauty, right?


You: Ahem, that question didn't count, let me ask you another question!


I coughed in awkwardness, yet Sariel's gaze is still on me without a blink, seemingly still immersing himself in the question earlier.


Hence I can't help but to call out to him, wanting to attract his attention.




[Call him]



[Mutter gibberish]


I called him out a few times, but Sariel didn't respond at all, only to look at me for a long time, cheeks becoming a little flustered.


Seeing him looking softer than usual, I feel a little softhearted, and decided to not ask him any sort of weird questions anymore.


I'll just sit here quietly with him in his company, then return to the stage together with him later.



[Call his name (Qi SiLi, in Chinese)]


I quietly called out to him, and his finally took his gaze back from my dress, and gazed towards my eyes.


Gradually, his eyes ripples out a soft curve, even the corners of his lips exudes a faint smile.



Sariel: ... It looks very good. Just like lilies... by the ripples of the waters. It's a very good choice, it suits you very well.


I stared at him in disbelief, not expecting him to actually praise me so directly.


After a short moment of shock, I reminisce his words earlier, and the late embarrassment then kicked in.


Not only I felt embarrassed, I also feel lightheaded, almost ascending to the skies.


You: Then I'll wear this dress to participate banquets or awards in the future, alright?


Sariel: No.


You: ... Eh?



Sariel: Although it looks good, but it isn't comfortable.


He pointed at the crochet design by my waist. Although it wasn't tightly tied, but it is indeed somewhat uncomfortable after wearing for a long time.


I didn't expect Sariel to have noticed it... a warmth rippled from my heart, and I nodded towards him.


You: Understood, I'll change into other dresses next time.



Sariel: Mm. Anyway... you look very good no matter what you wear.


With a "boom", I could feel the colorful fireworks exploded in my heart, stunned as I got completely flustered.


Is this also his sincere words? Is he really thinking this way?


My heartbeat has completely lost its normal pace. I quickly avoided Sariel's confused gaze as he tilted his head, and blinked my eyes quickly.


You: Understood, I- I'll ask the next question.


Sariel: Alright, ask away.


Sariel nodded. Luckily, he is still having that seriously obedient look, seemingly not hearing my clamorous heartbeat...




[Call him by a nickname (or call him hubby/ wifey in Chinese)]



Hearing my words, Sariel startled slightly, widening his eyes and stared at me in disbelief.


Sariel: This dress of yours, is just like...


He pursed his thin lips, then frowned, seemingly thinking about his wordings very seriously.



Sariel: It's like the soft white snow that I see outside when I wake up. Making one can't wait to pounce into the pile of snow, and be one with it...


He spoke word by word, gaze still completely focused on me.


Pouncing into the pile of snow? Be one with it? What weird description is this...?


I was in a daze from his words, but under those scorching gaze, I can't help but to fluster.


You: Is this considered a praise? Thank you...


Sariel nodded, no longer saying a thing, only to raise an arm to caress the ends of my hair that draped over my shoulder.


As if he's really picking up a handful of soft snow, gently caressing it.




[Intimacy: To the changing room]


After some thought, I've decided to still look for somewhere, and best if it's somewhere where Sariel can lie down for some rest.


You: Sariel, we'll go to the changing room over there, okay?


He did not reply me, so I can only support him as we move to the changing room step by step.



I saw a long sofa as soon as I entered the room, so I quickly helped Sariel to lie on it, then found a small pillow for him to lean on it.


You: Do you feel a little more comfortable now?


Sariel blinked in a blur, and after a long time, only then he gently shook his head.


His cheeks are a little flustered, breaths shallow yet hurried, mixed with some sounds of panting in discomfort.


You: Why does it feel like the symptoms are much worse than the last time you sniffed foxtail grass...


Sariel grabbed that little pillow, moved his neck with some difficulty, but he seemed to still find its height unsuitable, and frowned again.


You: Is your neck feeling uncomfortable?


I can't help but to softly ask him, but Sariel unexpectedly nodded straightforwardly.



Sariel: Help me out a little...


You: Eh? How do I help you?


He didn't reply to me, only to turn his head sideways, revealing his pale neck. The meaning is told without a single word.


Uncertain of the reason, the videos of little animals I've seen online suddenly appeared in my mind. They are also laying down softly just like this, and showing their fluffy bellies to the people they trust.


It feels somewhat adorable no matter how I think of it.


With this in mind, I extended an arm, and softly reached to Sariels' side...



[Tap his neck]




[Outcome 1: Tap anywhere but his neck]



Tap on his head: Hair... do you want to touch it?

Tap on chest: Clothes... are getting in the way.

Tap on his abdomen: A little ticklish...

Tap under his abdomen: *grunting voice*

Tap on his arm: ... I caught you.


Perhaps I have made too much of unrelated thoughts, inattentively, my hand fell on other places.


Just when I was about to keep my hand back, I noticed Sariel didn't make respond much.


His breaths are long and average, looks like he has fell asleep.


You: The symptoms this time are really serious huh...


I mind can't quite feel at ease, so I found a chair and sat down by Sariel's side, and decided to quietly watch over him until he wakes up.


[Outcome 2: Tap on his neck]



Tap on his neck: Your hand is cooling... It's very comfortable.


My hand fell by his neck, and pinched it softly.


Sariel (grunting): Mm...


A soft croon is heard. My brain jammed for a second, and the movements in my hand subconsciously stopped.


After pulling my self together, I continued the movements in my hand.


Sariel no longer lets out any sound, nor he said a single word. He lied on the sofa, only with his lashes gently trembling from time to time.


Is my massaging that good? It looks like he's really comfortable...


As I thought, I can't help but to massage even harder.


A few seconds later, I heard a hiss, then met a pair of golden eyes that slowly opened.



Sariel: It's enough... the massage is a little too much.


You: Ah, I'm sorry, I thought you felt comfortable so I...


Before I finished, Sariel turned his head away again, and faced me with his back.


Sariel: It isn't considered uncomfortable.


This means it's comfortable.


And judging from how he looked, he seemed to have recovered quite a bit, at least the way of his speech is already about the same as usual.


You: Then I'll be gentle, and massage you for a while more, okay?



Sariel: It's unnecessary.


Hearing my words, he immediately sat up from the sofa, sitting so upright, with a dignified and stern stance.


I have instead coincidentally saw the scarlet dyed across his earlobes, not dissipating for a very long time.




[Heartthrob (1): To the balcony for some breeze]


If I bring him to the balcony for some breeze, it'll probably help him to be sober quicker...



I remembered there is an open-air bar on the top floor, so I helped Sariel to walk into the elevator, and headed straight to the rooftop.



The top floor is completely empty, the water-like night colors welcomed us, blocking off the noise from the ground, looking like the duality of the world compared to the bright and dazzling prizegiving stage.


You: Sariel, let's sit down and have a rest at the deck seat over there.


I didn't get an answer even after I have waited for some time. Sariel only turned his head over, staring at me directly with the beautiful pair of golden eyes.


You: If you aren't talking, I'll take that as consent then?


There's still no voice coming from him, so I can only drag and pull him to the seat.


Compared to the time at the backstage, his frown has already soothed out a little, cheeks no longer that flustered, only to stare at me without averting his gaze.


Different from the calm gaze he had in the past, right now, his gaze feels like there are sharpness hidden within, just like a certain type of beast hidden in the darkness, wanting to see through me completely.


I felt nervous from his stare out of nowhere, so I can only avert my gaze.


You: Do you want to drink some water? I'll pour a glass for you over the bar table.


Just when I stood up, I could feel my hem tighten, and only to realize it was Sariel pulling me when I turned around.



Sariel: Don't go.


He finally spoke, voice a little hoarse and deep, sounding quite different from usual.


I recalled the time he was when he was abnormally obedient when he sniffed foxtail grass previously, and found this line from him sounding suspiciously coquettish.


I suddenly became softhearted, and smiled.


You: I'm just going to pour a glass of water, just right over there.



Sariel: Even so you can't go.


He grabbed be stubbornly, palm completely holding my wrist, bringing its boiling heat.


I can't struggle off from him, nor I could bear to break myself away from him, so I can only turn around to look backwards, and found out there are two staff walking towards us.


You: Alright, I won't go. I'll let them send the water here, alright?


Sariel looks at me, seemingly incapable to understand what I mean, only to blink in a blur.


It's really hard to communicate with this condition... I sighed, and decided to call the staff to help pouring a glass of water.


You: Excuse me, can I trouble you to--


As I spoke, I suddenly felt something touching the back of my leg, it's ticklish.


Lowering my head to have a look, turns out I saw a green vine, coming out from the flowers, entangling my ankle, and it is even crawling up continuously.


What's going on?! Before I can even think properly, Sariel suddenly used some force on the hand he grabbed me, and pulled me entirely towards him!


The vines winded up with its force that is a complete mismatch with its soft exterior, making me unable to move an inch.


You: Sariel, you--



Sariel: Shh.


Sariel straightened his finger, and placed it by his lips.


The moonlight brushes past his side profile, leaving its everchanging lights and shadows on his face.


The line of vision under those broken hair have instead became unusually sharp, carrying a form of unfamiliar coldness with a strong aura, like a net that spreads everywhere, fixing me in my place.


Sariel: I've said it, you aren't allowed to leave. You are also not allowed to talk to them.


As soon as he finished speaking, the vine by my leg disobediently moved a little.


They stretched along with my skin, giving sensations of tickle along their path, and continued moving upwards bit by bit...


I came to a realization as if I've just woke up from a dream, and let out an exclaim.



You: Ah...!


Just when my trembling yell escaped my lips, it's pressed back by Sariel's fingertip.


He leaned down, completely encircling me into his embrace, and drooped his gaze towards me.


The pair of slightly squinted eyes seemed to be flowing with an abnormal golden gleam, looking particularly bright in the darkness.


The breath close by is scorching hot, even his palm that is forcefully holding my waist.


The soft vines still continuously crawled up, but not only binding me, but to also bind Sariel and I together, then slowly tightened.


In the midst of the sounds of my drum-like heartbeats, I captured the sounds of footsteps gradually approaching us.



Staff A: Weird... Was there any sound over this side?


Staff B: You've probably heard it wrong, everyone should be rehearsing downstairs now. If you weren't saying that you wanted to enjoy the breeze because it's too stuffy downstairs, I would be lazy to accompany you up here too.


On the other side of the floral wall, there are two staff conversing. Separated by the gaps between the flowers and leaves, I can even see their moving silhouettes.



Sariel: Don't look at them.


Sariel's hand held my chin, half forcing me to move my line of gaze back towards him.



Sariel: Look at me.


I can only fluster as I nod, no longer looking towards the floral wall, but the conversation behind the floral walls still continued.


Staff A: Speaking of it, someone told me Sariel have also arrived. Is it true? Isn't he someone who never shows up in occasions like this?


Staff B: You still didn't know about it?! He suddenly agreed to it yesterday, it was said that there's another story behind it...


The familiar name is read. I can't help myself but to look towards Sariel, noticing that he isn't showing much expressions.


Those pair of eyes has been fixated on me from the very beginning. It's as if besides me, there is no longer anything else in this world that is worthy enough for him to spare a glance on.


Shocked by this thought, I panickily drooped my gaze.


But Sariel still relentlessly lowered his head along with mine, chasing after my gaze.



Sariel: Why are you dodging... What you are thinking?


You: Not allowed to leave, not allowed to look at others, are you going to even care about what's in my mind too...?


I simply answered him, but I didn't expect the vine wrapping around us tightened a little, and became increasingly domineering.


My legs can't find its point of balance, so I fell forward, and fell completely into Sariel's embrace.


Lights, floral walls, they have all completely disappeared. The only thing left in my world is the scent of sandalwood coming from all over his embrace.


The scent is more ablaze than before, no longer as reassuring as the past, but with a little more feelings of aggression.



Sariel: I'll care about everything about you. What were you thinking earlier?


He asked again with a very soft voice, but also sounded very resolute, making one completely incapable of going against him.


You: I was just thinking... why are you agreeing to participate the award ceremony.


Just when my voice died out, the conversation behind the floral walls are clearly heard.


Staff B: I heard that the reason why he made an exception to make an attendance is to purposely present the award to his student.


Staff A: Student? Oh oh I remembered now, is it that Y/N? That little girl is pretty amazing, that she can even bear with Sariel's temper.


Staff B: Yeah. But with a mentor like this, I suppose she can grow even quicker. Forget it, the designers' matters aren't even us, let's seize our break time and get back to work downstairs.


The two then talked a little more, and finally walked away in the end.


Yet I have been completely stunned, and my mind went into a temporary blankness.


Sariel... is he... really attending the award ceremony for me?


Perhaps having felt an odd look from me, or perhaps because the "competition" that drawn my attention has finally gone afar, the vines around us have loosened up a little.


Sariel's eyes drooped slightly, the gleaming golden pupils is now veiled with a layer of greyish dejection.



Sariel: You're distracted again. What are you thinking this time? Still about me?


I stared at him as I was stunned, only feeling that my heart have plopped softly, and nodded.


You: They said, you're here to present the award for me... is that true?


Sariel: Whether it's real or not, is it very important?


If it were the usual times, he will definitely not ask me a rhetorical question like this, but to tell me that I've been overthinking it in an awkward manner.


Suddenly, I have no idea on how I should answer him, so I can only seriously give it a thought along with his words.


You: It doesn't seem like it's very important, as long as you can be here, I'll be very happy.


Sariel: You're very happy?


You: Of course.



Sariel: Then why didn't you invite me yourself to be your witness? Or, do you happen to have a more suitable candidate?


So he knew about the witness! But why is he suddenly asking this?


You: No other candidates, I have been wanting to invite you from the very beginning. It's just... Everyone seem to think the reason I invite you is because you're my mentor, or superior. But I don't want... to define our relationship like this.


The moment I said it out, the haze that have lingered around my heart seemed to have finally dissipated.


So those abnormal feelings from the very beginning, and that invitation that I can't say out were all because of this.



Sariel: Then what do you think the relationship between us should be?


You: ... Eh?


Before I can return to my senses, Sariel has already approached me, his straight nose bridge is so close within rich. His spoke word by word, bringing out some aggressiveness.



Sariel: To you, what exactly am I?


His pupils shrunk very slightly, as if it's trying to capture my heart.


I suddenly couldn't differentiate it. Is he enchanted by foxtail grass, or is he sober? Why are his questions more difficult to answer compared to the times he's sober?


Sariel then leaned a little closer, pressing me onto the seat, not giving me a chance to escape.


His breathes gushed, yet also restrained as they landed on my face.


Sariel: Answer me.


I have never seen him being this aggressive, the unfamiliar feeling made my heart throb violently, completely unsure what I should do next.


But at the same time, there's another voice in my heart that tells me, that I have to answer him.


Thinking of this, I looked up, and looked right back at him seriously.


You: At the very beginning, I was determined to become a designer because I've watched your show. You are someone that I admire the most. After I joined Warson, I realized you are a very strict superior. But it isn't as scary as others said, it just happened that you have higher standards towards design. Then right after, you became my mentor. You wouldn't have known how overjoyed I was when the result was announced, at that moment, I thought to myself, I must become your best student.


I spoke slowly, and the nameless emotion in my heart have gradually became stronger.


Sariel stared at me from above, then suddenly extending a hand, gently aced on my face.



Sariel: Then what about now?


His fingertips brushed between my brows, nose bridge, then to my lips, then moved towards my heaving neck and collarbone...


When the dry yet damp skins are in contact, I can't help but to tremble a little.



You: Now... I wanted to be someone who's very important... No, the most important person to you.


I mustered up my courage as I said this, only to think that my face must've been completely flustered at this time.


But who would've thought, that Sariel have already leaned to my ear, and spoke in a low voice.



Sariel: Your voice is too demure, I can't hear you well.


The distance between us were so close, and I've said every word out very clearly, he is definitely doing this on purpose...


But in this situation, besides saying it all over again, it seems like I have no other choice.


You: I said, I will be your number one fan, your most powerful assistant, and your best student forever. But I wanted to become the most important person to you.



Sariel's expressions that were sealed by ice seemed to have melted off a little, a tiny curve exuded from the corners of his lips.



Sariel: Then prove it to me.


Unsure if it was because of his overly beautiful smile, or because of his overly gentle gaze, I can only nod in a daze.


You: ... How do I prove it?


Sariel: Do you need me to guide you on this too?


He then leaned towards me a little closer, I can only feel my heart almost jumping out from my chest.


The vines that have drooped by my leg have crawled up once again, bringing my arms to gently place them over Sariel's shoulders.


Would humans also be responsive towards foxtail grass? Why do I also feel a little fluttery and giddy?


Or should I say, it's because the troubles in my heart have all dissipated, that's why I feel so light?


I no longer overthink, only to raise my head to meet him.


It's a featherlike kiss, falling on Sariel's lips, feeling a bit of its scorching warmth.


The moments our lips parted, the embarrassment that came late almost drowned me. I pulled off some distance, wanting to see Sariel's current expressions. 


Yet just when I placed my arms down, Sariel's arm over my waist have immediately tightened, making me unable to move.


The vine entwining us grew in an almost absurd speed, leading us to lose our balance, and fall onto the sofa together.


Sariel pressed me hard into his embrace, and baked under the body temperatures, it felt like I'm about to melt at the next second.


You: Sariel...


I raised my head with difficulty, meeting his drooping pupils, gaze stubborn yet assertive.



Sariel: You're the one that said it, that you wanted to be the most important person to me. I've agreed to it, so you are not allowed to regret on it too.


On the narrow sofa, under the shadows of the floral wall, our bodies intertwined. He is not heavy at all, and he's even very warm.



Sariel: Don't leave me forever. This is... a new promise.


I startled slightly, extending my arms, and answered him.


You: Mm, forever.


Separated by the thin clothes, I felt our intertwined heartbeats.


As if he has finally received a satisfying answer, a faint smile appears from the corners of Sariel's lips.


Not only our heartbeats, even our breaths have became very, very close.


I closed my eyes, no longer speaking, no longer avoiding, only quietly feeling the familiar warmth and breath.


At this moment, my heart is filled with sense of reassurance and satisfaction that I have never felt before.




[Heartthrob (2): To the lounge]


I remembered that the lounge is just nearby, so I've decided to bring Sariel over.



I supported him, and walked in the corridor difficultly for a while, and finally arrived the lounge.


Sitting on the soft sofa, I let out a sigh of relief, and looked towards the person beside me.


Sariel is drooping his head, earlobes slightly reddened under his hair.


Why does it feel like it has gotten much worse than the last time he sniffed foxtail grass...


You: Sariel, are you alright?


I looked at him worriedly, wanting to raise an arm to tidy his messy hair.


However, just when I leaned closer, I could heard his repressed pants, and through the gaps between his hair, I saw a pair of blurred golden pupils in a daze.


Sariel's cheeks are very flustered, that I can even call it completely red, even his lips and the corners of his eyes are red.


Accompanied with his gradually heavier breaths, he lifted an arm, and roughly pulled the blazer he is wearing.


You: What's wrong, are you feeling very hot?



Sariel: Clothes... uncomfortable. A hindrance.


He speaks in a low voice as he pulls his clothes, trying to escape from its bindings.


This is a tailored suit, it'd be bad if it's broken from pulling. Thinking of this, I quickly helped him to take off his blazer.


You: Do you feel a little better now?


The backstage uses a centralized are conditioner system, so there is no way for me to adjust the room temperature. I can only fold and place the blazer aside, and asked Sariel in concern.


However, he didn't answer me, only frowning, seemingly still trying his best to endure something.



Sariel (grunting): ......


Just when I was thinking if I should pour a glass of water for him, suddenly, my phone sounded, it's a message from Li Manman.


I'm not sure where she knew that Sariel will also be participating the award ceremony today, and told me "that's great, thank goodness you didn't miss him out" in full excitement.


Yeah... I'm also feeling grateful, and I can't help but to look towards Sariel with a smile.


But this glance scared me so much I almost dropped my phone, he is actually lifting his right arm, trying to pull his shirt's collar.


Not only that, he is even muttering to himself.



Sariel: ... This, is also not needed.


He lowers his head to look for the button, but he couldn't find it no matter how he looked. His movements gradually showed he's in a hurry, as if he can't wait to tear the shirt off.


You: Are you finding the buttons too tight? The shirt's buttons are at the back, don't pull for now!


I quickly raise an arm to stop him, and saw the pair of golden eyes blinking.


Sariel: Is that so?


He looked backwards, and extended an arm to touch it, only to let out an "Oh" as if he has just woken up from a dream.



Sariel: Oh, it's indeed at the back...


I let out a sigh in relief, and just when I thought this shirt is saved, I didn't expect for Sariel to pull it even more aggressively at the next second.


You: Sariel what are you doing?! Hurry and stop!


He stopped his movements, but his hand has yet to let go of his grip on the collar, and his gaze towards me is exuding a sliver of... grievance?


Sariel: I've said it, it's uncomfortable.


You: You can't pull your shirt even if you're uncomfortable... H- how about I open some of the buttons for you?


Sariel: Okay.


Sariel is now more obedient to my words right now compared to any other time. He lets go of his hand, sat at the edge of the sofa bed, and looked towards me separated by his soft fringe.


The moonlight reflected in his eyes, waves rippling in his eyes, like a form of soundless hush.


Honestly speaking I regretted a little as soon as I said I'm about to help, but judging from the current situation, I had no choice but to help him.


So I mustered up my courage and leaned closer.


A faint, familiar sandalwood scent lingered by the tip of my nose. Going over Sariel's shoulders, I saw the heaving lines of his back, and his pale skin.


I extended my arms and barely encircled him, fingertips touching the cold buttons, and opened two of them.


You: With this it shouldn't feel tight anymore. What do you think, do you feel more comfortable now?


I tilted my head as I asked Sariel, but I didn't expect for him to suddenly place his forehead on my shoulder, and softly shook his head.



Sariel: Still uncomfortable. Very hot.


His breaths pours by my neck, it's boiling hot, testifying his words.


His soft fringe still lingered by my neck, I could feel my cheeks starting to heat up too.


My brain seemed to have lost its ability to think, so I can only ask him questions along with his words.


You: Then what do we do, the shirt... do you want to take it off?


Sariel: Mm...


Perhaps it was done subconsciously, he raised an arm to pull my hem, his low mutterings sounded like he's acting coquettish.


I leaned towards him a little more closer, even the last sliver of gap between us is now finally filled.


His breaths kept pouring over the side of my neck, the heat is almost melting me.


I can feel my breathing becoming heavy and hurried, and it took me some effort to finally open another button. Just when I was about to pull off some distance from him, but he suddenly held the back of my waist.


You: Ah...!



Unable to respond in time, my body leaned and collapsed forward, so I can only encircle Sariel tightly.


My lips accidentally bumped into his shoulder, leaving a red lipstick mark. I flustered, and slightly averted my gaze.


You: What are you doing...


Sariel: Your body is so cold. It's cooling, very comfortable.


As he speaks, the arm by my waist tightens. At the same time, I could feel Sariel's warm tip of his nose touching my collarbone.


What follows closely after, is something even softer and damp, carefully sticking onto the side of my neck, then slowly moving downwards.


You: Wait...


I tilted my head, seeing Sariel's slender, silvery lashes, leaving its slightly curved shadows over the bridge of his nose, subconsciously trembling.


Like the fluttering butterfly wings, bringing a fluffy dream, making one intoxicated.


What was I about to say again? Did I want him to stop? It seems like it's fine this way too...


As I was thinking in a blur, right then, the phone on the sofa buzzed as it vibrates.


Immediately returning to my senses, I grabbed onto Sariel's shoulder, trying to pull off a bit of distance from him.


You: Sariel, my phone--


Sariel: Don't care about them.


He did not give me additional chances, both arms encircling my waist, his breaths stuck even closer.


You: Okay...


It seemed like there was a snowfall in my mind, all of my thoughts shattered, and disappeared from it.


I don't know when my phone have stopped vibrating, nor I knew how long the time has passed, only to faintly feel his palm sticking on the side of my face.


The originally boiling heat, only feels warm right now.


Sariel: Are you feeling hot too?


You: Yeah... what should we do? Want to let go a little?


With almost no hesitation, he shook his head.


Sariel: Not letting go.


You: Aren't you going to feel hot?


Sariel: Hot. But I don't want to let go.


In this tight embrace, I heard his heartbeat, it's as fast as mine.



"Thud thud thud", after a while, I've finally returned to my senses, and realized that this sound isn't just heartbeat, but someone knocking onto the door.


The sound outside the door continued for a while, someone spoke.


Staff A: Miss Y/N are you in there?


I subconsciously wanted to turn around, but Sariel have instead frowned lightly, then stopped my movements.


As we exchanged glances quietly, I could feel my heartbeat getting even harder to calm down.


The sounds outside the door still continued.



Staff A: Didn't you say you saw her walking here? Why isn't there anyone?


Staff B: I told you that I've confirmed the matter about the witness, she indeed doesn't have one. Even if you manage to find her and ask her in person, it's still certain that she doesn't have one.


Staff A: Uh... Well then.


Is it about the rehearsal? Right, witness, I haven't told Sariel I planned to invite him.


Since he is now here in the venue, does it mean I can ask him if he's willing to be my witness again?


My consciousness seemed to have slowly returned to my body, I softly pushed the shoulders that are locking me within.


You: Sariel, regarding the witness...



Sariel: Let them handle it on their own.


You: It's not about handling it or not, it's me wanting to tell you something...


Before I can finish saying, the phone on the sofa bed vibrated once again. Looking sideways, I noticed it's the staff's message.


It's probably still asking about the matter of witness. Besides Sariel, I need to also explain to the staff too.


I extended an arm wanting to take my phone, but Sariel has made a move before I could.


He frowned, taking a glance at the phone screen, and threw it afar.


You: Sariel, give me the phone for now, there's something important I have to reply.


Sariel: Something important?


Brows slightly frowned, in that pair of familiar eyes, the lostness is gone, but have instead exudes an unnamed feeling of discomfort.



Sariel: Messages, phone calls, and knocks on the door. Why are there so many people around you, and they all needed you. You're clearly just a clumsy bird, how would you have the time to care for so many people...


I was slightly dazed, and an idea popped out in my mind. Is Sariel being jealous now?


You: You said they all needed me... then what about you?



Sariel: I need you more than anyone else.


He looks at me seriously, and in that instant, it felt like I was led by something shapeless, and fell deeper into this beautiful, golden dream.


You: Do you mean right now, or other times?



Sariel: Any time. So... Don't always keep me waiting.


As he spoke, his lashes trembled slightly, exuding a fragility and his wavering that he would absolutely never show at usual times.


The conversation I had with Sariel suddenly flashed before my mind, he said he is waiting for me to tell him after giving it a good thought.


But I have been struggling with certain kinds of odd emotions, that I almost missed the chance to receive my award with him.


Right at this moment, I suddenly understood the reason why I had those odd emotions.


I need Sariel. He is the designer I admire the most, is my superior that would be strict towards me, and also my mentor that would teach me everything he knows.


But what I wanted for us is not just these, hence, I dared not to invite him to be my witness, and I dared not to easily define this relationship.


I wanted him to need me too. I wanted to become an existence that is very, very important to him.


It's just that I didn't expect, for it to turn out that this thought, has already unknowingly became a reality.


Subconsciously, I extended my arms to encircle Sariel's shoulders, and held him tighter than any second earlier.


You: I'm sorry, I won't do this anymore... Are you still willing to be my "witness"? Not only for the award ceremony today, but for each and every day after this. I also need you very much, I want... you to keep staying by my side.


Sariel gently lowered his head. Forehead to forehead, the heat across his cheeks seemed to have dissipated a little.


The pair of dry hands caressed my cheek, seemingly sketching my features delicately.



Sariel: I'll keep watching over you, clumsy bird.


I closed my eyes in satisfaction. On the next second, a familiar warmth is delivered from my lips.


In the warmth that is almost melting, I thought in a blur.


If I were really a clumsy bird, then Sariel's embrace, is definitely my warm nest.




[Common Ending]


At nine in the evening, the LFA award ceremony has finally begun.


The organizer's representative made a short speech, then it was followed with a simple show that displayed the award winners' newest or most symbolic designs.


The finale in the end, is naturally the prizegiving session.



I stood among the other award winners and witnesses, but my mood is now completely different than the time of rehearsal.


Sariel is standing right by my side, completely recovered to his usual state, frowning lightly.



Sariel: I noticed you really like to smile foolishly.


You: It can't be helped, I'm just feeling happy alright.


Before the ceremony begins, I told Sariel about the matter that I have originally wanted to invite him, then found the staff and allow Sariel to be my witness.


I originally thought it'd be a difficult matter to solve, but I didn't expect them to find the matter of "Sariel being the witness" having more publicity stunts than being a guest, so they agreed very readily.


That's how I am able to stand shoulder to shoulder with Sariel at the backstage, waiting for my time to receive the prize.


You: Speaking of it, you haven't prepared your speech, right? Do you want to take this time to give it a thought?


Sariel: You're the prizewinner, not me. Just prepare yours properly would do. I'm only thinking that since it's the first time a certain someone has won an award, who knows if she might be too nervous that she can't speak, hence I agreed to remind you by your side.


The familiar awkward manner of speech is really completely different from the Sariel that has sniffed foxtail grass a couple hours ago.


Remembering that look of his earlier, I can only feel my earlobes a little hot, so I quickly changed the topic of conversation.


You: Alright, I'll trouble you to be my "teleprompter in flesh" then.


Just when Sariel was about to refute, the prizegiving guest's voice is heard from the stage before us.


Prizegiving Guest: Coming next, the award we are about to present, is "Best Rookie Designer".


You: It's almost my turn...


I originally thought I wouldn't be nervous, but when it's really about time to go up to the stage, my heartbeat still subconsciously accelerated.


I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths, and by the time I opened my eyes again, I noticed Sariel has already stepped on the first step of the staircase.


He turned around and looked towards me, quietly waiting.



Sariel: Let's go.


Just when I lifted my hem and was about to take my first step, he extended an arm, held mine, and led me to the stage.


A warm suddenly surged from my heart.


Perhaps I never needed to think that much from the start. As long as I have the courage to make my first step, he will definitely take a step forward to welcome me.


Just like how we are right now, just like the many times we had, it has always been this way.



We both stood together under the spotlight, the prizegiving guest smiles as she welcomed us, and explained to the audience.



Prizegiving Guest: Actually, this award was originally planned to be awarded by Sariel. However, hearing that it's Y/N's first time receiving an award, and she was too nervous, hence as her mentor, Sariel have decided to come upon the stage together with her as her witness.


Prizegiving Guest: You view her so importantly, Y/N must've been your best student, right?


The prizegiving guest sincerely handed the microphone to Sariel. Knowing that he said he wouldn't talk, I wanted to take over the microphone instead.


I didn't expect him to have took the microphone, and answered to this question seriously.



Sariel: She is someone very important to me.


I widened my eyes in surprise, I really never would've thought that Sariel would say things like this on the stage.


The prizegiving guest seem to not find anything wrong with it, only to nod at him in agreement.


Prizegiving Guest: Looks like she's really an important student and junior, but Y/N is really outstanding too.


She seemed to have said something else, but I could no longer hear them, only to stare at Sariel in a daze.


His eyes reflects the dazzles of the spotlight, allowing me to suddenly recalling the day where I first met him.



It was also on a stage. During that time, there was still a very distant gap between us.



Yet right now, he is instead standing by my side.



After the award ceremony have ended, under the organizer's invitation, we arrived the rooftop bar with the other award winners.


I looked towards Sariel who is sitting by my side, recalling his line on the stage, and I could still feel my heartbeat accelerating a little.


You: Right, Sariel, I've prepared a present for you.


Sariel: Turns out you still remembered what day today is.


You: Of course I would remember, this is a once-in-a-year occasion, so it's a must to celebrate it well.


He paused, expressions suddenly look a slightly odd.



Sariel: Then if I didn't come here today, who are you going to celebrate it with?


My movements of taking out the giftbag stunned, then frowned.


You: How can I possibly celebrate this type of occasions with someone else? If you aren't coming, of course I'd be looking for you!


After hearing my words, his expressions recovered a little.


Sariel: So you've never thought of inviting anyone else before, right?


You: Of course not, wait, you can't possibly be... Could you have actually agreed to show up not just to award me with the prize, but also worried that I'm celebrating the occasion with someone else?


The golden pupils widened slightly, and right after, the brows that were just soothed out frowned once again, and a suspicious redness have also appeared over his earlobes.



Sariel: Your power of imaginations are overly rich. I'm only here to send something.


You: Eh? What is it?


Only then I noticed that there is also a giftbag behind him.


Sariel: It's for you.



I received it in surprise, opened it impatiently, and found out that it's a white earmuff within. It is fluffy, with a simple yet adorable design.


You: So adorable! How did you think of gifting me this?


Sariel: You said it yourself, the earmuff you had earlier got dirty, and it won't become clean no matter how you washed it.


I tried recalling, and it seemed like something like that did happen. But I was just simply mentioning about it, I didn't expect Sariel to have remembered it.


You: Can I put it on to give it a try?


Sariel: Just put it on if you want to.


The earmuff is very war, the fluffiness is very nice to touch too, I gently ruffled the fur on both sides, and and the more I touch it, the more I could feel the familiarity and friendliness from within.



Sariel: ... Just how much do you like this?


Seeing Sariel's helpless and somewhat flustering look, I immediately understood the source of these fur.*


*T/N: MC requested for Sariel's furball for a very long time so... hehe :)


You: Pfft... I really like it very much, thank you.


I wore the earmuff tightly, despite it isn't quite a match with the dress I'm currently wearing, but I didn't want to take it off.


You: The present I gifted you, aren't you going to open it?


Hearing so, Sariel slowly opened the packaging.


A pair of ornaments made of Chinese rosewood quietly lies at the center of the giftbox. Sariel picked up a little fox in a hand, and a little bird with another, and examined it seriously.


He didn't speak after a long while, I can't help but to feel a little nervous.


You: Does it look a little rough? It's my first time carving things like these, so I am not very skillful with it. After I've practiced a few more times, I'll gift you a new pair...


Sariel: No need, this is very good itself.


He looks at the ornaments in his hands, only to place them back to the box after caressed them a little.


He then wrapped the giftbox again properly, even folding the wrappers according to the original folding lines.



Sariel: Thank you.


It's my first time to actually see Sariel smiling like this.


It's not my misperception, his lips are clearly curving upwards, even his eyes are slightly smiling into crescents.


The starlight and lighting are so warm, that they have brightened this winter night.


Under the night skies, I looked towards Sariel who is now by my side, and I can't help myself but to smile.


Right at this moment, I suddenly feel that, my happiness has already taken its shape.




- E N D -



Until next update on who-knows-when, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!


If you'd like to support my translations, feel free to contact me for commissions or buy me a ko-fi here!


Until next update! :)


Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.