[Light and Night Event] Evan's Birthday Event: Part 2: Prologue || 光与夜之恋 陆沉生日活动 奇遇初体验・繁花之旅:序章

1/26/2022 12:44:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-


Pre-Quest Story can be read here for context!


 



I woke up exceptionally early on the day of Evan's birthday.


The milk is still being warmed in the microwave, fried egg half-fried, I simply wiped my hand, and dragged on my slippers to retrieve my phone.


I have already made bookings for the places we're going in advance, the locations are all around Shiodome area, so it shouldn't allow Evan to travel with me for too far.


Upon confirming the details, I can finally feel a little relieved.



You: Hope everything goes well!


I edited my newest status in my timeline, and the attached image is a tightly clenched fist of cheer.


It's almost at the instant I posted my status, Evan's call arrived.



Evan: Good morning.


The room is very quiet, breeze brushing gently, tossing the golden-like sunlight into my embrace.


Compared to "good morning", it seems like there's another sentence that is more suitable to be the conversation opener.


You: Happy birthday, Evan.


The other end of the call is just as quiet, that it feels like the only thing I can differentiate is his light and slow breath.


Evan: Perhaps, you can tell me again when we meet later?


You: The birthday boy is the king today, so it's fine no matter how many times you wished to!


Evan can't help but to let out a chuckle. The demure sounds of electronic waves of the conversation exchange made his voice sounded even deeper.


Evan: Looks like I have a lot of privilege today. Are you still sleepy? How about you sleep for a little while longer? There's still a lot more time.


Just when I was about to speak, frolicking sounds can be heard from my phone.


At the same time, there are almost similar sounds that are almost in sync over my side.


You: Wait--


I was stunned for a couple of seconds, then jumped off the bed and rushed to the entrance.


At the instant I opened the door, the warm winter sunlight pours in, and brightened the entire corridor.



You: When did you arrive...


Specks of light fell across Evan's shoulders. He turned sideways, and met my gaze.


Evan: Just a while ago.


You: I should be the one to look for you at your house!


It's his birthday today, there's no reason for him to let him pick me up for an outing.


Evan: Weren't we talking about I'll be having a lot of privileges? Well then allow me to use it in advance, and change our starting point for today, is it alright?


Right now, I'm still wearing my sleeping gown, hood barely covering my head, with two bunny ears drooping everywhere.


You: I... I'm not ready!


Evan: It's fine, I'll wait for you.


Evan extended an arm, and relocated the disobedient bunny ears back to its original place.


Suddenly, a burnt smell wafted from the kitchen.


You: Oh no!


It was at this moment I remembered, a pitiful egg is still struggling in the oil pan.



Evan: Allow me.


Evan smiled helplessly, hung his coat on the hanger at the entrance, and walked straight into the kitchen.


I quickly made coffee. The rich scent of the beans weakened the burnt smell.


Evan placed my breakfast on the little dining table by the balcony, picked up the coffee and took a light sip.



Evan: It's Geisha*, it does seem like it's a flavor that you'd like.


*T/N: Geisha coffee. Geisha beans are known for having a very unique flavor profile. They are distinctively floral and intensely fruit-forward. The type of fruit flavor can vary depending on the origin. In general, it often has notes of mango, guava, papaya, and citrus.


He paused, gaze moved towards me.


Evan: Have I interrupted your pace with my sudden visit?


You: Of course not, it's me who was being slow, I didn't expect that I'd have to trouble you for my breakfast in the end.


Evan handed another cup of coffee to my hand, making an arm free to encircle my waist, and leaned down slightly.


Evan: Then I should've been here last night, so my Miss Rabbit wouldn't be in a rush on the following day.


My ears started heating uncontrollably, and I quickly turned around.


You: I'll go get changed.



Hiding in the cloakroom, I finally let out a long sigh. A few strands of long hair brushes past the tip of my nose, still lingering with a faint scent of coffee.


Through the door slit, Evan's gentle back figure gradually filled my line of gaze, making me completely filled with anticipation.


It will definitely be a very, very good day today.





Event Stories will be updated in the pages linked here once they are released and translated!


Birthday Call



Meanwhile, feel free to check out other date translations for Light and Night here!

Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.