Age should never be a matter to your success

3/31/2014 11:10:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

I manage an anime page with a bunch of friends of mine, everything went rather smoothly (and slowly) and such and most are rather happy with the quality. There are also times when messages would begin to flood in and I would normally reply them one by one.

Until today, there's this message that began to tick me off after several replies. This was the message:

"I wonder why uta no prince* ain't famous in the Philippines , maybe it's reverse harem and short in episode but I envy the company of broccoli* ..... I want to express my anime ideas in the Philippines but it cannot happen because , our country doesn't have the technology like Japan have but I still want to express in for this country ..... Maybe I'm a little selfish , I think ...."

"Please reply"

* Uta no Prince-Sama is a Japanese animation series of an Otome game that were originally targeted to female audiences, also, the fanpage I'm running is a fanpage for this anime series.

* Broccoli is the company that makes the PSP game for Uta no Prince-Sama series from Debut, Repeat, All Star, Aria, MUSIC, MUSIC2... And recently announced their project of All Star After Secret. 

Everything has its own ways, it depends on whether you wanted to look for a way to do it, or not.

It was great to know that there are international writers that wish to contribute to the anime world and such, so I thought I shouldn't be so harsh in my reply.

"Sadly, we have no admins here that are from your country so we couldn't understand your situation well regarding your technology. 

In Japan, UtaPri series is actually an otome game on PSP. The anime is solely a tool to promote their game*, luring more female players in Japan to purchase the game. Also, Japanese normally only trust their own people, and they hardly trust foreigners, unless they have a friend in the company through recommendation, or so. 

You could try writing scripts and post them on popular websites, perhaps it would help you someday. I have a friend, that her friend posted a piece of artwork from DeviantArt and after a month or two he got scouted as a graphics designer because he's a really good drawer. 

Also, the character he designed is never like other that it attracted the eyes of that company. I wish you good luck from here. "

* This part is solely my opinion, actually. 

That's what I've told her, but as the conversation goes on, she began to ask things like 'How do I do this', 'How can I put my ideas', and I told her about starting to learn how to write a nice script in Japanese language and sending them to Japan, full of good intention and sincerity, until she told me this:

"Kind impossible cauze lm just 14"*

* I just copy and pasted her message and that is exactly what I received in my page's messages.

And I got obviously ticked off right at this moment.

Age is never something that restraints a person's abilities for this and that. I have friends that dropped her education and working as a businesswoman, and another one left his college and became the top sales agent, also, another one that leaves halfway in his college and knows more programming than I do.

I also have friends that could write essays that would intimidate me right at the moment I read their first paragraph, and they are younger than me. 3~6 years of age gap. So, my brain went "There's nothing called impossible because you are just 14 because my co-admin is at your age and she writes better than you!"

And I told her in a very straightforward manner that she should be the one to choose what to do with her life and how she should put effort if she really wanted to achieve something, because nobody is going to aid you forever in your life, and such.

And she dared to ask me 'I mean where', which I assumed she asked where she is supposed to send her things to, if she ever manage to write something.

And I went 'Alright, that ticks me off even more!' and shoved her a very serious reply.

"You have your technology to surf the net and look for addresses, just get yourself a script book, write, edit, and submit to the address by mail? 

I repeat, we aren't the ones that would help you on your own ideas, you know. You are the one that makes the decision for your own life, and what you are going to do with it. 

We don't represent anyone from any companies in Japan, all I could tell you is just this. 

Also, if you think that age is what limits you, then I have absolutely nothing to say."

And I ended the conversation out of rage.

Age doesn't matter, I'm serious. As long as you know that you have the potential for something, why not utilize your potential and achieve something great with it? Who knows that you might be the best person on Earth?

Seriously, nobody knows what lies ahead in the future, but you have to start working now or you will regret that you didn't someday.

It also doesn't matter if you are starting late, because I know a few lecturers that has their passion to write that they knew that they would start writing fictions after their retirement because work life is busy. At least they know that they are planning to do something, and what to do with what they like someday, too.

I repeat, AGE IS NEVER A MATTER TO DETERMINE YOUR SUCCESS. :>

Have a great day.

Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.