The Sky

3/23/2014 07:11:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

A place where it is unreachable,
A place where people think when we say ‘freedom’,
A place where it inspires us to invent,
And a place where we stare and feel relaxed.

It changes constantly, Beautifully, elegantly, mysteriously; It shows its beauty, But it also shows its anger, Causing disasters, pain and sorrow.

It's a place that I would stare at whenever I feel demotivated to continue my marathon runs in secondary schools, a place where it will cry whenever I am crying in pain, and a place that I would gaze into whenever I'm on road trips -- The sky.

You might think that the sky is just something common, something that we see every day, but it means a lot when you try to think while gazing at it. I could think of a story plot while staring into the sky, and it always motivates and inspires me.

"Don't look back, never feel down, Always head on, and never frown. Think of the good, and never the bad, Always be proud of yourself, and don't feel sad." Looking into the sky makes me realize that I can't change my past even if it is sad, but I have to stay positive and amend my mistakes now, so that I will live on with no regrets in the future. What happened in the past is what makes us to march towards the future, and our past experiences made who we are. If you know that there's a need for a change, then work from now, and you'll slowly find your way to a better future.

"You can do it, never feel shy, Because there is no limits, just the sky. There is always something beyond that. Aim for the heavens, and shine the brightest. Nothing can stop you from reaching at your highest." We have to be confident, because everyone is different and has different abilities. So, don’t feel shy, look forward, and work hard for the future. I believe that we can do almost anything if we just believe and do our best, and we will achieve what we want for sure. There is no use for you to compare yourself with other people that are greater than you if it demotivates you instead of driving you to work harder.

I used to be the person that compares around with my classmates and realizing that I lack so much of technical skills compared to most of them. It was saddening, demotivating, and it hurts. Until that one day when my lecturer told me that I possess ability in language and creativity on story-writing more than anyone else, and my ability to lead naturally, I am not anybody useless, too. Skills can be sharpened as well, so grab your chance whenever you can, and you will do fine with constant practice.

Try to think back into your past, when you were just a kid, have you ever wanted to touch the fluffy clouds and feel their softness? Have you ever wanted to understand the rays of sun as they pass through puffs of pillowy liquid? Or fathom what’s beyond, and realize what they hold inside them against the blue or pitch black sky? To be honest, until now, I still wanted to touch them, feel them, and use them as a pillow in the night. I mean, such boundless beauty in the sky, how could you not being amazed by it? What I've said just now was somewhat embarrassing, isn't it? Well, I used to think that it was, but not now.

Not anymore.

It's because of these dreams we used to have, people invented many things. This is why the first inventor of airplanes, the Wright brothers started inventing airplanes! They wanted to reach the sky! Since then, people started to invent jet planes, helicopters, and things beyond airplanes such as rockets for space flights!

Now, do you think that the sky inspires us? Yes, it does! The sky, it is the best thing ever. To tell the truth, I was depressed for months after I broke my leg because of an accident, I thought that I've lost everything for not becoming an athlete, since I used to be able to sprint faster than most of my peers did. I looked out my window everyday, watched and cried as the sky rains, and it always made me wonder what it's like to feel no pain. How silly I was.

The sky, you wouldn't know what's really up there. It sometimes reads your emotions, knowing how you feel. It is trying to inspire you in many ways, and constantly giving you hope. Every time I gaze at the stars, I always feel that there is someone watching over me, and giving me new hope whenever I feel down. There are always rainbows after the rain, telling that good things will be coming to us after something terrible happens. That is why I am able to face my future, and that is why I am here, hoping that I might be able to inspire someone someday.

Who knows? Perhaps one day, when you stare into the sky, you may feel inspired too!

Let's hope for the best from now onward.

Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.