Health is more important than anything else.

3/20/2014 08:26:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

Assignment weeks are rather scary, to be honest. If you lack abilities to complete something, you have to force yourself to work overnight and such, that you would have to sacrifice your sleep for everything that you need to do to complete the given assignment.

One or two assignments are fine, if a proper time period is given without any other distractions, such as tests or quizzes or reports, etc. However, things are going to be havoc when you have an assignment that you lack knowledge in that you would worry about the mistakes you make when you are planning to ace the paper, then there are two tests that falls on the same day and you would feel breathless for being afraid of not doing well in the paper...

That's what I'm suffering right now. 

I have an assignment to submit tomorrow that I can't ever feel secure of the outcome of everything, especially when it's linked to the third part of assignment (This assignment links from first to second, and second to third.) that relies strongly on how I build my tables in this assignment. 

The assignment is an assignment on logical design about database, where we would build our entities based on the case study given -- A hospital system. The first conceptual design game up with a couple of mistakes that we've fixed, and the current assignment requires us to build data dictionaries after normalization and re-designing the logical design based on the requirements of the case study given.

I could think of so many possibilities in my assignment, but I just couldn't possess the ability to finish everything that I have in mind that, I guess I need to study harder for my subjects to apply them in different matters. 

For that... I'll have to practice on how to balance off my time, first. I lacked sleep for so many days that I collapsed again and again on the desk without being noticed by people and somehow dozed off for hours when my group mates are working on what I've done and sent them. Waking up and feeling guilty for resting (in a way, I rested) while they were working hard isn't a nice thing, after all. 

Or perhaps I should have faith on my members, too. I don't know, but I have to learn so much more.

Though you may tell me that my faith in other people may disappoint me in the end, which I believe I've experienced on trusting on someone else to show me his part of assignment which he didn't after losing contact for days and days, not even until the assignment submission date that the rest of us finished off his part. 

That kind of feeling wasn't pleasant, and I felt extremely unfair and cheated in a way that I told the lecturer regarding the matter and he said "Just remove the names of whoever that didn't contribute to this work, simple, right?"

And I did, even though I wanted to do so for quite some time that I didn't tell that free-loader, but yeah, I did kick him off from the group in the end.

For another time, the sense of guilt kicked into me for being so cruel to allow that member to get 0 marks in the assignment. What's more, he's my course mate, and I just couldn't believe that I actually did something so mean to people, though I really couldn't stand it when that freeloader is the one that works outside, skipping classes and leaving the assignment to us while earning his salary happily while we are doing this bunch of assignment for him, without any charges. 

Okay, that made me sound materialistic but still, in /my/ opinion, a student that wants to study and work must be able to balance off the time while taking full responsibility on both of them. True that work gives you salary and attending classes or doing assignments don't, but hey, nobody would be happy to pour all their hard work and having their swollen eyes for you! 

At least, not me. 

My health is what I put on my priority that you just fucking ruined it and I didn't blame it on you. Be grateful that I didn't scream at you, too. I gave you chances, for you to attend that one last meeting and you could just tell the other member that you had an emergency call that you have to leave without informing me directly? What's more, telling my member to cover your place? Like, what the hell, his idea is his idea, not yours, and never will be yours. How would he be able to cover your place anyway? 

Unforgivable.

I'll just tell myself that... for once again that I see this type of people in my group, I'll leave no mercy but to cut off my relationships with them. Unless I have no choice but to keep him or the sake of other factors, then I'll keep an eye closed and sleep happily not to think about assignments in my precious sleeping time. Humph. 

Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.