Main Story Chapter 14-20 (LIGHT END): The Angel who Crossed Boundaries (越界天使) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

7/02/2022 05:46:00 PM 1 Comments A+ a-

 

Please consider reading Chapter 14-18 before proceeding~


You can also read NIGHT END here!


TRIGGER WARNINGS:

Emotional manipulation, blood, stabbing






For a very long period, I couldn't bring myself to look at the figure collapsing to the floor.


Neither did Charlie. He only stared at the ECG by the bedside, watching at the rises and falls of the line on it.


He then held my wrist, and walked out quickly.



My mind buzzed, shattering white light filled my eyes, and only allowing him to pull me around.


The only clear thing is the beeps from the ECG machine. They echoed repetitively, as though it's enticing me to give up thinking, only to have this in mind--


We've at least saved a person, at least we didn't experience yet another failure, at least...


If only if we can think this way, how wonderful it'd be.



The slightly chilling night winds welcomed us, neon lights already brighten along the streets. I saw his other hand that isn't holding mine, with specks of blood tracing on his wrist.


There are also some on the edge of his clothes, but covered by colorful lights. There weren't actually anyone looking over from the roadside.


The early panic has passed, strengths in my body have all been drawn empty, and the world is sinking under my feet.



Charlie stopped his footsteps, then turned around.


Charlie: Go home.


He looks at me, and he's talking about me.


I opened my mouth, only to let out trembling voices.


You: Then what about you?



Charlie: There's still something that I need to do. Remember to sleep early today, if you're late again, there won't be another skillful driver like me to send you to the office anymore. 


You: Sun- Sun TaiZhong, he- can I call the hospital, please--?



Charlie: I've learnt well in autopsy. The moment the scissors is pulled out, he'll die.


I can't utter a single word, and I can only keep staring into his eyes. But the surroundings are too dark, I can't see anything from within.


The cold fingers gently parts the fringe on sweat-drenched face.



Charlie: Fiancee, I can no longer become a doctor anymore.



In NOVATEN Pharmaceutical Group building, the black-haired man stood by the glass screen wall, looking down towards the silvery-grey little dot.


Lu Ting: Mr. Zha, your plans still looks successful from the results.


Zha ZhaoPeng turned around with an unspeakable joy written over his face.



Zha ZhaoPeng: Mr. Lu Ting, your illusionary world is much more outstanding than I've imagined.



Lu Ting: You flatter me. You've provided me your son's experience, with such a detailed description, it's not difficult to construct an illusionary world. It's a pity that there was a slight accident, where that girl crashed in. 



Lu Ting: But she doesn't seem like she's in the illusionary world, I felt changes in space and time. If it's required, I will investigate on it. 



Lu Ting: Due to the effects in my illusionary world, I couldn't make it as Mr. Zha's wish, to agitate your son to kill Sun TaiZhong.



Zha ZhaoPeng: But he pierced Sun TaiZhong's right hand.


Lu Ting: That's right.


Zha ZhaoPeng lets out a long sigh, as though he is in complete satisfaction.


Zha ZhaoPeng: My son always carries an unrealistic imaginations onto whatever he does. Mr. Lu, have you heard of something like this? To a surgeon, their hands are equivalent to their lives.


Lu Ting: I've heard a thing or two about it.



Zha ZhaoPeng: You see, till date, all he thinks was just to make this bad doctor disappear. Just how innocent and kind he is, he's just like his mother.


Lu Ting remained silent. The expression of this man before him is difficult to be guessed, and it is certain that he is definitely not a perfect partner to cooperate with.



Zha ZhaoPeng: Don't misunderstand it, I'm not blaming you. I just happened to understand Charlie too much. In the end of the day, the result in reality isn't important. My son is clearly aware that he has killed someone, and he has believed so, this will be enough. He will resemble me more and more. This is the only right path for him. 



Zha ZhaoPeng: I've made all preparations, photo, experiment subjects, Sun TaiZhong, I made him to see everything. It's time for pay back, let's have a celebratory drink.


He strides towards the cabinet in his office and chose a deep purple bottle of wine. This makes him recalled the eyes of his loved ones.




.

.

.

.


NIGHT END can now be read here!

 

Chapter 15 will be officially released in another week. Translations will be much later.


Until my next update, please feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!


If you'd like to support my translations, feel free to contact me for commissions or buy me a ko-fi here!


Until next update! :)


Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.

1 comments:

Write comments
Luna
AUTHOR
July 8, 2022 at 6:35 AM delete

thank you so much <3 <3

Reply
avatar