Encounter with Sariel - Chapter 1-03: Pure White Shards / Together from Dawn till Dusk | 光与夜之恋齐司礼邂逅:第一章【03 - 纯白碎片・朝夕相处】

7/05/2022 09:39:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

You can read Chapter 1-01 here, then Chapter 1-02 here before proceeding with this Encounter for context!


【朝夕相处】

02: Together from Dawn till Dusk -


- 3-1: Danger in Supermarket -


Although I've lost my memories, but I kept feeling a certain type of tacit flowing between us...




It's already afternoon by the time I'm awake.


The room is empty, with gentle sunlight pouring sideways into the windows, accompanied with some loneliness.


I climbed off the bed, and pushed the door open.



Sariel is still sitting on the sofa quietly, flipping through the books with a calm expression. 


I walked towards him, hands nervously clenching onto my hem, and tried my best to construct my opening.



You: Sari... Oh, no, Director... Qi, uh, I...


Sariel lifted his head, and looked towards me with a cold expression.



Sariel: Just call me by my name, your stutters don't sound pleasant to the ears at all.


It's actually very awkward for me to address him with an unfamiliar title too. Since he has already put it that way, then I shall have no scruples about it too.


You: Okay, Sariel.


Sariel hummed casually in response.


My stomach growled a couple of times, and broke the slightly odd atmosphere between us. Only then I've realized that I've never been eating ever since I woke up.


You: Sariel, uh... can I have a look at your fridge?


Sariel: Suit yourself.



I found the kitchen and opened his refrigerator, but the cold air that welcomed me has instantly froze my heart.


There's only a box of peach-flavored oolong tea in the empty fridge. I picked it up, and gave it a shake.


There's only half left.


You: ... Is he a deity? The kind that only drinks dew waters?


Sariel: I didn't expect your imaginative powers to still as scarce as ever even after your memory loss.


Sariel suddenly took the peach oolong tea from my hand, and placed it into the refrigerator again.


You: Sariel, do you have food around here?


Sariel: No.


You: Then are you hungry? It's already late, you should be pretty hungry, right?


Sariel: I'm not hungry.


He gave me a cold glance, picked up a glass that is filled with water, and is about to leave.


You: Wait! But I'm hungry...


I touched my deflated tummy, and looked at him a little embarrassedly. 



Sariel: Didn't you lose your memories? Why do you still remember about "eating"?


Sariel glanced sideways and softly mocked me, then calmly turned away and strides into a room.


You: Then you can at least give me a single-use paper cup, I'll just get some water and pull it through for the night...


Before I'm done talking, Sariel has already walked towards me neatly dressed, even with a mask in his hand.



Sariel: There's a set of clothes in the room, get changed, and get ready to head out.


You: Where are we going?


Sariel: Supermarket.


Sariel languidly tidied his sleeves.


You: Didn't you say you aren't hungry? Why are you going to the supermarket?



Sariel: There are things I need to buy, I'm just bringing you along.



You: Okay, let's depart now then, I'll not change, what I'm wearing now will do~



Sariel: If you plan to bring a full body of germs and smells of various meats back here, then I suppose you wouldn't mind spending a night sleeping in the forest outside.


You: I'm changing, I'm changing! I'll get changed right now!



An hour later, the car has finally stopped in front of a hypermarket.


Sariel wiped his hands with a wet tissue, puts on a mask, and finally got off his car slowly.


Sariel: Be quick if you wanted to buy anything, don't waste time.


You: Okay!



A few minutes later, I've tossed what he said behind the back of my mind.


Prawn chips, chicken feet, chocolate, cakes, also coke. Just like a rat fell into a rice jar, I wanted to put everything into the shopping cart.


And Sariel, who's behind me, would cough every time he sees me picking up a bag of snacks. My hand trembled, and placed them back with some self-consciousness.


Looking at the cashier that we are about to arrive, I panicked. If I don't take anything now, I will really have no chance anymore!


I secretly peeked at Sariel who's carefully studying the ingredients of the wet tissues on the side, mustered up my courage, and secretly took a small pack of shrimp chips from the rack.


Everything went very smoothly, and just when I was about to place the pack of shrimp chips into the shopping cart--



Sariel: Looks like we're done buying, time for checkout.


The cart is suddenly pushed away, leaving me standing there while holding a corner of the pack of shrimp chips sneakily.


You: Sariel, I'm sorry, wait for me!


I quickly placed the pack of shrimp chips back, and trotted to chase after him.


You: Perhaps you might not believe me, but the pack of shrimp chips was the one that first made a move against me.


The gaze from Sariel is filled with disdain.


I boldened myself to reach an arm up, tugging onto his cuff, and gently swayed it.


You: Can we checkout later please? We haven't bought ingredients for dinner...


Sariel took a glance at my hand, slowly raised his arm and draws his cuff away from me.



Sariel: You have five more minutes, I'll not wait for you if you take any longer than that.


I dashed towards the meats section as though I received great forgiveness, and dared not to delay even for a single moment.


Sariel, on the other hand, frowns as he walks back to the snacks section.


After carefully studying the ingredients for a moment, he picked up two packs of shrimp chips, and unwillingly tossed them into the cart.


You: Eggs, pork belly and tofu looks pretty good. I'll also simply grab some vegetables~ Oh also some peach oolong tea, that should do...


I took the tea drink I saw from Sariel's refrigerator, and placed it in the cart.


You: This shall be OK~


I picked up the basket and turned around, getting ready to meet Sariel.


You: Huh...? Where are the surrounding people?


My surrounding was jam-packed just now, why am I the only one left now?


"Thud, thud," the sudden sound broke the silence, it sounded like a metal knocking sound.


An eerily cold gaze gradually fixated itself on me, and a familiar fear instantly filled my entire body.



You: !?


I immediately turned around.


A wholly blacked person where I can't see his face clearly stood beside the giant refrigerator before I knew it.


My heart throbbed so much as though it is stuck in my throat, and I immediately turned around to dash towards the exit.


I ran with all my might for a while, but I noticed that I'm still in the meats section! The path towards the exit looks like an endless path, so I could only run with all my might.


An extremely cold hand suddenly placed over my back, and I subconsciously squatted down and curled myself up.


You: Sariel!!


Only hearing a crash, it's as though something is heavily hit.


I slowly looked up, and in my field of vision that is gradually clearing up, there's lies only a pack of crumpled shrimp chips.


Sariel: Got so scared you became silly?


The man's clear voice sounded from my back.


He pulled me up on the next second. My fear hasn't dispersed yet, and with a wobble, I fell into his arms.


In the extremely close distance, I smelled the faint scent of sandalwood once again, it's very reassuring, and also very warm.



Sariel: Don't yell my name so loudly in public places like a supermarket, it's embarrassing.


With someone to rely on, I immediately hid myself behind Sariel, peeked out and pointed towards the place where the suspicious person appeared.


You: Sariel, there's someone pitch black that is very creepy over there... Huh? Where did he go?


A coldness flashes before Sariel's eyes, but very quickly turned into disdain.


Sariel: It's probably you hallucinating from being overly hungry, let's go to the checkout.


You: Huh? Okay.


Sariel bent down, with a hand carrying the collapsed basket on the floor, and another hand holding my still somewhat trembling wrist separated by my sleeve, and walked towards the cashier.



Upon returning to the workshop, I placed the ingredients into the refrigerator one by one, then found a pack of shrimp chips at the bottom of the shopping bag.


Sariel took this, didn't he? I can't help but to look towards Sariel, who's now reading on the sofa.


During checkout just now, Sariel even told me that I didn't have to pay because whatever that are bought were what he wanted, but he secretly took a pack of shrimp chips that I wanted to eat.


This person looks like he's surprisingly someone who speaks against his own heart.


Under my gaze, Sariel who seemed to be reading undisturbed has obviously flipped through his pages quicker, and finally closed the book and looked towards me.



Sariel: If you have the time to keep staring at me, how about you consider how you should fill your stomach?


You: I didn't keep staring at you.


I lowered my slightly burning cheeks, searched around the ingredients in the fridge, and I gradually stunned. Potatoes, tomatoes, chicken, onions, tofu, pork belly...


I know each of the ingredient's names, but I do not have the slightest idea on what kind of dish they can form into, let's not even talk about actually making a dish myself.


Does Sariel know how to cook? I secretly took another peak at the reading Sariel, then extinguished my thought.


I've already troubled him very much for today, and for someone who's as delicate as him where cleanliness matters a lot to him, he definitely doesn't know how to cook... forget it, I'll do it myself.


I picked up my phone and began searching "homemade dishes recipes", and tapped into the first website from the search results.


You: Hmm, stir-fry potatoes and tofu, tomato and garlic stew, steamed onions... Uh, why do these dishes sound a little weird?


Sariel: ... What are you muttering about?


You: Dishes I'm going to make later.


Sariel startled a little, stood up and walked towards me.


Sariel: Did you just say, that what you muttered earlier are dishes that you're going to make later?


I shyly waved my phone at him.


You: I've purposely searched for recipes online, don't worry, I'll definitely follow the instructions on them strictly...


Sariel took my phone away, frowning tightly while staring at it for a while.


I only saw his chest heaving quickly for a couple of times, then showed me an extremely brilliant smile, but it creeped me out so much that goosebumps are all over me.



Sariel: Do I look like someone who likes to eat rubbish?


You: N- No you don't...



Sariel: Look closely at the title yourself.


I carefully took the phone over, and looked towards the screen once again.


You: "Homemade Dish Recipes: Collection of Cursed Dishes"...!? Huh?! How did it turn out this way?! I was just searching for delicious homemade dishes!


Sariel glared at me unhappily, made a move to snatch the ingredients from my arms and walked towards the kitchen. It didn't take a while until I heard rhythmic chopping sounds coming from the kitchen.



- 3-2: Cozy Moments-


I quietly walked towards the kitchen entrance, and to my surprise, I saw Sariel dressed with a light-colored apron, and chopping vegetables with full focus in the kitchen.


[Choice]



3-2-1: Help him out

3-2-2: Watch from the side

3-2-3: Return to the living room and wait for mealtime



3-2-1: Help him out


I didn't expect Sariel to cook himself, then there's no way for me to just wait for my meal either.


- Chapter 01 True End: Between Our Breaths -



You: Sariel, let me help you out.


Sariel: You wanted to help me?


He glanced at me, doubt filled all over his face.



Sariel: Do you plan to help me to cut my hand, or do you plan to burn my kitchen for me?


You: Although I've lost my memories... but I'm probably not this stupid, right?


Sariel: Hah, it's hard to tell.


Sariel did not directly decline my proposal, so I braved up and walked towards him.


You: Shall I first wash the tomatoes for you?


Sariel: Okay.


You: Then peel the potatoes?



Sariel: Go ahead, be careful with your hands, don't injure yourself and stain my kitchen.


You: Chop the onions?



Sariel: There are goggles hanging on the wall, wear it yourself, don't trouble me with your cries when it happens.


You: Understood~


Our cooperation became much smoother afterwards. It's so unbelievable. It's clearly my first time cooking with him after I've lost my memories, but I keep feeling a certain type of tacit flowing between us.


The sunset sprinkles on us through the window, embellishing us with a layer of gentle and blurry halo, also softening Sariel's side profile along with the curve on his lips.


A while later, Sariel turned off the flames, plated the last dish, and brought it to the table.


Colorful, fragrant dishes are placed on the table-- homemade tofu, braised pork, stir-fried potato strips and a tomato egg soup.


I picked up the chopsticks, holding my bowl, and stared at Sariel who's still gracefully wiping the chopsticks.



Sariel: Don't worry, I'm not bothered enough to snatch with you.


I happily picked up a big piece of braised pork and stuffed it into my mouth.


My eyes brightened, and ignoring the fact that my mouth is still stuffed, I immediately showed a thumbs up towards Sariel.


You: It's yummy! Your cooking is really super super super delicious!


Sariel's lips curved up very faintly.



Sariel: I dislike listening to flatteries.



You: Why would it be flattery? I believe that even if I didn't lose my memories, your culinary skills would be the best among the people I've met!


Sariel: Alright, eat without words, sleep without words, just have your meal quietly.


*食不言寝不语 is a teaching from Confucius.



You: ... Okay.


I excitedly picked up a piece of tofu and sent it into my mouth.


The drastically different taste stunned me, so I took a sip of the tomato egg soup, and noticed that it's the same feeling.


Did he made it in such a hurry that he forgot to season them? But with Sariel's culinary skills, this shouldn't be happening...


I looked towards Sariel inquisitively.


Sariel: Just talk if something's on your mind.


You: Did you forgot to put salt in this dish? The soup too...


Sariel glanced at me in doubt, took a sip of the soup, and as though he suddenly understood something, he frowned tightly.


Could he have really forgotten about the salt? Then it'd be too awkward.


You: It's fine, I actually really like bland dishes, it's perfectly to my taste! Hahaha!



Sariel: You look really unsightly when you talk against your heart.


I shook my head, purposely taking a big mouthful of the dish and stuffed it into my mouth, and chewed deliciously.


Just like that, Sariel stares at me idly with an arm supporting his chin. Although he's still looking a little disdained, but his lips curved up quietly.


With self awareness, I took responsibility to tidy the table and wash the dishes after the meal. I can see that Sariel looks very satisfied.





By the time I walked out from the kitchen, I'm instead seeing Sariel holding a mattress and blanket from the room.


You: What are you doing?


Sariel glanced at me, walked straight to the sofa in the hall and tossed whatever's on his hands onto it.



Sariel: Making the bed.


You: Ah...


That's right, there are no guest rooms here, I've been resting in Sariel's room ever since I lost my memories.


Since I've already decided to temporarily stay in his place, under the condition where there's only a single bedroom, he can only look for somewhere else to sleep.


I looked at the sofa that looks wide, but insufficient for a grown man to sleep, and felt a little guilty.


You: Let me help you with it then.


Sariel raised a brow, stood up and made room for me.


I grabbed onto the edges of the soft bedsheet and waved it, and the bedsheet spreads completely onto the sofa.


I tidied the corners of the bedsheet, and was about to place pillows on it.



Sariel: Wait, bring the left side of the bedsheet a little higher, about 5cm.


You: Like this?



Sariel: Roll 4cm of the bedsheet on the top, don't let it show.


You: Oh okay!



Sariel: There's something black in between the sofa.


You: That's the yarn that was originally stuck onto your sofa.



Sariel: Throw it away for me.


You: Okay.


After finally achieving the lowest standards of this man, I'm already sweating slightly, and Sariel on the other hand started sipping tea from the side.


You: ... Wait, weren't we supposed to make the bed together, why am I the only one doing it now?



Sariel: Well won't you look at the one occupying my room.


Sariel raised his gaze towards me, and I felt some helplessness when I met his gaze.


You: I'm sorry, I've caused you trouble,


I pinched the pillow in my hand, and drooped my head.


A slender hand suddenly reached out to me, and gently took the pillow in my hand away.


You: How about I sleep on the sofa instead? I'm serious, it's easy peasy for me to sleep here with my height--


I pulled the pillow back, but was bounced back by an extremely powerful force. Tripping over the wide slipper under my feet, I collapsed forward uncontrollably--


It was a mere instant where I tripped, and Sariel who was originally standing before me didn't manage to respond in time, and collapsed onto the sofa because of me.


The atmosphere suddenly became very quiet. Under the pale yellow lights, the floating dusts are dancing between us.



I nervously stared at Sariel's delicate, light-colored face being magnified before my eyes.


A sliver of confusion flashes before his eyes staring at me, and his beautifully-shaped lips are slightly parted too.


The distance between us is really too close.


It's so close, that my breaths are filled with the faint scent on him; It's so close, that I can clearly see his clear golden pupils reflecting a tiny, and embarrassing me.


As though I was enchanted, I heard the sounds of a string in my heart being gently plucked.


Ba-dum, ba-dum...


Time seemed to have stopped at this moment.


Sariel: Until when do you plan to stay like this...?


Sariel's voice right now is no longer as clear as usual, but instead sounding a little hoarse as though he's suppressing some emotions underneath.


It's just like a matchstick, igniting me instantly.



You: N- No...!


Sariel: Is that so? Then hurry and get up, my waist is all sore because of you pressing over it.



You: I- I- I- I'm sorry! I didn't do that on purpose!! I'll massage it for you!!!


My face burned, and reached out my arms to simply massaged between Sariel's waist.



Sariel: ......!?


Sariel's breath suddenly hastened, but right now, I no longer dare to look at Sariel's expression.


I climbed off from the sofa awkwardly, and without even caring that I didn't wear my slippers properly, I dashed into the bedroom as though I'm running a 100m race.


I didn't notice, that Sariel who has stood up from the sofa, already has his ears completely reddened.



After confirming that the girl is completely asleep in the bedroom, Sariel gently closes the vaguely closed door, and sat back to the sofa in the hall.


Every panic and weird scenes that has happened throughout the day flashed quickly in Sariel's mind like flowing lights, and his originally tender expressions became gradually cold.


A ball of white figure jumped towards Sariel.



??: Does that ancient mirror really have such strong powers?


Sariel: The mirror is ancient, and was made for pure-blooded curses.



??: "Pure-blooded curse"! Oh heavens, this is too cruel... what happens to those who looked into the mirror?



Sariel: Memories lost, consciousness dead, senses fade. Until death. That person is probably someone with our era, otherwise it's impossible for that person to own this mirror. Wait, if that's the case...


What's the motive of that Erda that wanted to harm the girl in the supermarket? And who exactly is the target of that person?


Inch by inch, the moonlight pours onto Sariel's gloomy face. The originally delicate features is now seemingly covered with a layer of frost.



Sariel: Keep investigating the source of the mirror. I'll bring her to "him".


??: "His" whereabouts are weird, and it's hard to grasp onto his mood. To find "him" and to ask for "his" help, I'm afraid it's going to be a tough war...


Sariel: This has nothing to do with you.



??: Oho! If it weren't for me, would you even know something has happened to your girl?! Also, there won't be people wanting to harm you if you've properly earned your virtues from the past, and the girlie wouldn't have to suffer and block off the disaster for you!


Sariel: Shut up if you don't want to have vegetarian meals for an entire year.


??: Consider me to have said nothing. But I'm only going to investigate about the mirror, don't expect me to help you watch her door and to report her condition to you at any time--



Sariel: Very well, you've already made arrangements on your own mission.


The lizard widened its round eyes, and it can't wait to leap up to send a kick towards Sariel. But Sariel has already pinched onto the back of its neck, and casually tossed it towards the entrance of the girl's room.


Sariel looked out to the windows, and the girl's clean smile surfaces in Sariel's mind.


She brought a completely blank past, barged into his life warmly and brightly, and quietly changing his trajectory. That blankness originally belonged to him.


The gold in Sariel's eyes gradually sank.


A sliver of light brightened up from the skies in the distant and vanished very quickly, only leaving rustling ashes and dispersing smokes.


It's as though it's the last ray of light before the dark night descends.



Memories



His face, his gaze, his voice, his breath

they are so familiar that

they have made me to let go all of my alertness

but they are also so unfamiliar that

they have made me incapable to suppress my violently beating heart



TRUE END



I heard the sounds where the string in my heart is gently plucked.

(Unlocks this phone call)





3-2-2: Watch from the side


After watching from the side for a while, I realized that Sariel's culinary skills are way beyond my imaginations.


- Chapter 01 Special End: Rippling Heart -


Delicate knife work, neat frying, and accurate plating.


The entire set of Sariel's movements flows like waters, that I can definitely call it a form of art.



Sariel: Why are you standing there like a dummy?



You: Looking at you of course. ...! Uh, I'm looking at how you cook...


Sariel frowns as he glanced at me.


*stomach rumbling*--!


The sonata made me feel oddly embarrassed, that I quickly pressed my tummy, face fully flustered.



Sariel: ...... 


Sariel only smiled, then hastened his movements.


A while later, Sariel turned off the flames, plated the last dish, and brought it to the table.


Colorful, fragrant dishes are placed on the table-- homemade tofu, braised pork, stir-fried potato strips and a tomato egg soup.


I picked up the chopsticks, holding my bowl, and stared at Sariel who's still gracefully wiping the chopsticks.



Sariel: Don't worry, I'm not bothered enough to snatch with you.


I happily picked up a big piece of braised pork and stuffed it into my mouth.


My eyes brightened, and ignoring the fact that my mouth is still stuffed, I immediately showed a thumbs up towards Sariel.


You: It's yummy! Your cooking is really super super super delicious!


Sariel's lips curved up very faintly.



Sariel: I dislike listening to flatteries.



You: Why would it be flattery? I believe that even if I didn't lose my memories, your culinary skills would be the best among the people I've met!


Sariel: Alright, eat without words, sleep without words, just have your meal quietly.


*食不言寝不语 is a teaching from Confucius.


You: ... Okay.


I excitedly picked up a piece of tofu and sent it into my mouth.


The drastically different taste stunned me, so I took a sip of the tomato egg soup, and noticed that it's the same feeling.


Did he made it in such a hurry that he forgot to season them? But with Sariel's culinary skills, this shouldn't be happening...


I looked towards Sariel inquisitively.


Sariel: Just talk if something's on your mind.


You: Did you forgot to put salt in this dish? The soup too...


Sariel glanced at me in doubt, took a sip of the soup, and as though he suddenly understood something, he frowned tightly.


Could he have really forgotten about the salt? Then it'd be too awkward.


You: It's fine, I actually really like bland dishes, it's perfectly to my taste! Hahaha!


Sariel: You look really unsightly when you talk against your heart.


I shook my head, purposely taking a big mouthful of the dish and stuffed it into my mouth, and chewed deliciously.


Just like that, Sariel stares at me idly with an arm supporting his chin. Although he's still looking a little disdained, but his lips curved up quietly.


After the meal, watching Sariel quietly cleaning the dishes, I quickly snatched them over.



You: Since you've made dinner, then let me be the one cleaning the table and dishes.


Sariel glanced at me, then placed the tidied bowls and chopsticks into the sink.


I rolled my sleeves up and turned the faucet on. When the waters are released, Sariel placed the cleaning cloth, detergent and other items by my side, then leaned sideways with his arms crossed.


Looks like he is planning to watch me cleaning the dishes. I felt a sliver of nervousness.


You: Cleaning the dishes doesn't seem to be anything nice to look at... right?



Sariel: I'm afraid that you'd break them, these bowls and chopsticks are all valuables.


You: I'm not THAT careless am I...?!


Sariel sneered as though he has just heard a joke.


Sariel: Do you think you haven't been frequently doing that before this?


He speaks as he spreads his palm and began calculating pretentiously.



Sariel: Not listening to teachings, a troublemaker, stubborn in whatever you do, and even sent wrong lunchboxes*.


*hahahaha read it here if you forgot what it is


You: It feels like you've purposely emphasized the matter about the wrong lunchbox...


Sariel: Is that so? Must be your misperception.


You: Was I really that unreliable before I lost my memories? Are you lying to me?



Sariel: You'll find out if I'm lying to you after your memory recovery.


Upon hearing "memory recovery", my movements of washing the plates paused, allowing the flowing waters to hit the back of my hand.


You: Memory recovery... only if it can proceed so smoothly... I actually know, that it's not easy for me to recover my memories, in case if I can't recover my memories for my entire life...


Sariel, who's standing beside me, kept his smile, opened his mouth as though he wanted to say something, but I've instead showed him a big smile.


You: If I can't recover it, I'll just consider today as the first day of my life! Today is the day where all of my current memories lies, buying groceries, cooking, cleaning the dishes... although it's very ordinary, but it's not bad too.


Sariel: Are you trying to say that a contented mind is a perpetual feast, or are you really thinking that it doesn't matter even if you can't recover your memories?


You: Well not really, of course I'd really want to recover my memories, but even if they can't be recovered, I'll still continue living my life. Life still goes on, so why not allowing myself to be happier? Who knows if there might be a day where I'll recall everything myself~



Sariel did not say a word, only looking at me quietly with a tender gaze.


Did I see it wrongly? Why would someone arrogant like him showing such a tender expression towards me?



Sariel: You're much stronger than I've imagined.



You: Really...?!


This is my first time hearing a praise from him today, that I got so happy I'm almost unable to hold back from jumping in joy.


I can't help but to cover my slightly burning cheeks. The cold water droplets glided to my chin, oh no, I wiped the detergent's bubbles onto my face!


On the next second, Sariel is already holding a towel, and cleaned the bubbles off my face.


An expression of disdain resurfaced on his face, as though he's mocking at my clumsiness.


Sariel: Don't think about nonsense, as long as I'm here, your memories will be able to recover very soon.


I lifted my head up to look at Sariel. His eyes with receded tease and mocking are looking incomparably serious, as though it's a solemn pledge to not just me, but also to himself.


The remaining anxiousness at the bottom of my heart are slowly soothed away, and what replaces it are the gradually accumulating trust I have for him, and the rippling heart that is hidden under the trust.




After confirming that the girl is completely asleep in the bedroom, Sariel gently closes the vaguely closed door, and sat back to the sofa in the hall.


Every panic and weird scenes that has happened throughout the day flashed quickly in Sariel's mind like flowing lights, and his originally tender expressions became gradually cold.


A ball of white figure jumped towards Sariel.


??: Does that ancient mirror really have such strong powers?


Sariel: The mirror is ancient, and was made for pure-blooded curses.


??: "Pure-blooded curse"! Oh heavens, this is too cruel... what happens to those who looked into the mirror?


Sariel: Memories lost, consciousness dead, senses fade. Until death. That person is probably someone with our era, otherwise it's impossible for that person to own this mirror. Wait, if that's the case...


What's the motive of that Erda that wanted to harm the girl in the supermarket? And who exactly is the target of that person?


Inch by inch, the moonlight pours onto Sariel's gloomy face. The originally delicate features is now seemingly covered with a layer of frost.


Sariel: Keep investigating the source of the mirror. I'll bring her to "him".


??: "His" whereabouts are weird, and it's hard to grasp onto his mood. To find "him" and to ask for "his" help, I'm afraid it's going to be a tough war...


Sariel: This has nothing to do with you.


??: Oho! If it weren't for me, would you even know something has happened to your girl?! Also, there won't be people wanting to harm you if you've properly earned your virtues from the past, and the girlie wouldn't have to suffer and block off the disaster for you!


Sariel: Shut up if you don't want to have vegetarian meals for an entire year.


??: Consider me to have said nothing. But I'm only going to investigate about the mirror, don't expect me to help you watch her door and to report her condition to you at any time--


Sariel: Very well, you've already made arrangements on your own mission.


The lizard widened its round eyes, and it can't wait to leap up to send a kick towards Sariel. But Sariel has already pinched onto the back of its neck, and casually tossed it towards the entrance of the girl's room.


Sariel looked out to the windows, and the girl's clean smile surfaces in Sariel's mind.


She brought a completely blank past, barged into his life warmly and brightly, and quietly changing his trajectory. That blankness originally belonged to him.


The gold in Sariel's eyes gradually sank.


A sliver of light brightened up from the skies in the distant and vanished very quickly, only leaving rustling ashes and dispersing smokes.


It's as though it's the last ray of light before the dark night descends.



Memories



The unknown, the hesitance and lostness

have been surrounding me ever since the moment I opened my eyes

But right now, his calm and affirmative words

are pointing towards the future's direction for me



SPECIAL END



Hidden under the trust, my heart has already began rippling

(Unlocks the following SMS: Snacks Surprise)




You: Sariel, thank you~


Sariel: How odd, why are you thanking me?


You: Thank you for the surprise you hid for me in the shopping bag~


Sariel: I don't understand what you're talking about


Sariel: Aren't those in the shopping bag the fresh food you bought?


You: Then where did this bag of shrimp chips in the shopping bag come from?


Sariel: Maybe someone else placed it by mistake 


Sariel: You've gotten yourself a bargain then


You: This bag of shrimp chips looks very delicious, let's eat together


Sariel: Don't even think about it*


Sariel: Stop tossing about after dining, rest early



*He doesn't eat junk food. Also, he IS the one that bought it but unwilling to admit it lol

(While Sariel generally texts with a full stop, but he's also the kind where he texts a long sentence into multiple parts of text, and sometimes without a full stop if he isn't texting in a serious tone)



3-1-3: Return to the living room and wait for mealtime


Since Sariel plans to cook himself, I'm probably not going to be helpful, might as well sit comfortably in the living room and wait for mealtime.


- Chapter 01 Normal End -



Arriving the living room, I stretched myself wholly, and collapsed myself onto the sofa without minding my image.


You: I'm so hungry, can Sariel cook even quicker... Tsk, what's stuck at my waist?!


I straightened up my body, and pulled the stacked cushions on the sofa.


A delicate and antique hand mirror is placed upside down.



You: Mirror?


Edges carved with complicated pattern, a fiery ruby embellished on its top, looking antique yet filled with mysteriousness.


It seems like Sariel was holding onto this mirror when I opened the door upon waking up.


Is there something special about it? It seems like there's a force driving me from the bottom of my heart, and in my accelerating heartbeats, I slowly reached out to hold onto the handle.


The moment I hold onto it, an odd familiarity surfaced from my heart, as though it's not my first time touching this mirror...


An icy cold breath strikes all over me from my arm, that I subconsciously raised the mirror, and faced it to myself.


The flat and smooth mirror surface reflects my deadpanned, dull look.


I wanted to throw the mirror away, but my clear sight is instantly shrouded by darkness. 


My consciousness is slowly becoming muddled.


Unsure how long has passed, I've heard a blurred voice from the distant.



??: Waa... Qi... I'm sor... sorry! Don't... hold me... so high up! I'm... investigating..., you guys suddenly... came back, so I... can only... stuff it in the sofa...! ... Who would've knew that... she would...! But... she's too unlucky... that she actually... looked into the... mirror... twice... Hey, if a person... twice... what... happens?



Sariel: She's now unconscious, and the exhaustion of her senses and consciousness are accelerating.


??: ... Still not awake... Lao Qi... where are you... taking her? ... The investigations aren't done yet...!! Hey--!


All of the voices are gradually drifting away, and as the final string in my mind snapped, my consciousness has fallen into an even deeper abyss.



NORMAL END



- Mistakes Repeated -

Sometimes it's safer to remain in the kitchen.





Chapter 2-01 is now updated here!


Until next update on who-knows-when, feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!


If you'd like to support my translations, feel free to contact me for commissions or buy me a ko-fi here!


Until next update! :)




Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.