Simple Programming Assignment

4/10/2014 11:18:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

It has been almost five days since I last blogged, oh dear. 

I was too busy regarding the pile of tests and assignment due dates that falls on this week, but I'm glad that most of the things are over now. The only thing I'll have to prepare is my presentation on Oracle database assignment on next Tuesday, which I hope things would be going smoothly.

Either way, I'm showing a video on how my simple (and built in the very last few hours before due date) assignment! It's a simple program that uses mainly arrays and loops to generate 10 alphabets as questions, and the user has to guess the alphabet before the given alphabet in the question in the graphical user interface. I hope the video quality doesn't suck. :(

The background images are from a PSP game called SNOW BOUND LAND, which I've only finish one of the routes so far. I didn't plan to put any background music until a classmate of mine suggested to do something to earn marks on the creativity side so I did! And thanks to this piano cover by David Russel, I felt that my program sounds a whole lot better so I thought of sharing the original video here, since I cropped the sound file in the program. 




Back to the assignment program! For each answer that is correct, the user gets 2 marks or else 1 mark is deducted. Also, no negative marks are allowed so that you will see a series of 0 in the video, too. Messages will be showed for how many marks you earned for each question, too!




That's basically all about my mini assignment. It's my very first time to write something like this using C#, though. I'm grateful to those that gave advise. Thank you!

Anyway, since I came across this video and I think it's worth sharing, you may watch this video, too! <3

Have a great day/night!


Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.