A Mini Japanese Lesson!

4/12/2014 08:42:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

For those that didn't know, I'm running a Facebook page along with my friends! Since I'm learning the Japanese language and I could find common mistakes by most people around the Net, I've been thinking of making little notes like this one and post them up on the page as soon as my final exams are over, which will be a month later!

One of the common mistakes is as follow: 


'Isshouni' and 'Isshoni' may sound similar, but they aren't, and they bring completely different meaning!

If you are saying "Isshouni hirugohan o tabemasen ka." to a person, it means that for your entire life, you are going to eat only lunch with that person! And it is impossible to eat only lunch, unless you fast for your entire life. X'D

Also, 'Isshouni' has a longer sound compared to 'Isshoni', so make sure you know the difference when you hear that word, too! Who knows if your crush is actually asking you out for the entire life or something? ;)

I'll end my post early, and will return once in a while to prepare for my final exams! I hope I would score well! Please wish me luck! ^ u ^

Until then.


Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.