Main Story Chapter 9-23 (LIGHT END): Enslaved Heart (被奴役的心) | Light and Night 光与夜之恋

12/06/2021 04:19:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-


 Please read Chapter 9-20 before this chapter, (read it here)

NIGHT END is translated here!



Evan: I'm sorry, something came up, I might not be able to send you home.


You: It's alright, I can go off from here.


Uncertain of the reason, but I actually had an internal sigh of relief when I heard it. After experiencing that so-called nightmare, I suddenly don't know how I should face Evan.


And my instincts are also telling me, he doesn't want to face me right now either.


Evan: Zhou Yan, to the closest metro station.


We didn't talk along the way there. I quietly peeked towards Evan's side profile, it has always been so calm, clean and neat.


Nobody could understand from sight, nor anyone could approach any closer.



After parting from him, I stood by the metro entrance, watching the bustling people where everyone are moving towards their direction, and I suddenly felt a little lost.


I spaced out as I watched, and a familiar silhouette in my line of view caught my attention.


You: ... Osborn?


Osborn leans against a pillar, playing with the key of his bike, his silhouette almost melted into the colors of dusk.


A black mask is half hanging on his face, briefly showing the sharp outlines of his side profile. 


Probably have heard my voice, the emerald eyes looked towards my direction. I was about to ask why he's here, but the expressions on his face made me felt like he seems to know everything.


Osborn: I'm worried that you're in danger, so I came here.


You: Danger?


He didn't say a word, only to look towards the direction of the black car disappearing into. My heart suddenly throbbed abruptly, unsure if the "danger" he mentioned hasn't arrived, or I have already fell into it unconsciously.



Osborn: It's good to know that you're fine.


You: Yeah...


Osborn: Let's go, I'll send you home.



The bike is parked not far away. I walked beside Osborn.


Suddenly a faint smell of sanitizer wafted to the tip of my nose, just like the kind that are from the hospital corridors.



You: The smell on  you...


Osborn walked a few steps closer, and the scent became even clearer.


He measured himself up a little, and smiled mindlessly.



Osborn: You're talking about sanitizer? I had a mission in the hospital, so the smell got onto me.


The casual tone and straightforward attitude have made me a little relieved, turns out he wasn't sick or injured.


You: A mission...? That's good to know.


Osborn: It's good to know if it's a mission? It's exceptionally dangerous, I almost couldn't come back to see you.


You: Really?! Are you alright!?



Osborn: It's a lie.


The warm palm ruffled my fringe, ruffling it so much that it's all messy, even my line of vision is blocked now. I lifted my arm to block him.


You: Things like this should never be a joke!


Osborn: Okay okay, it's my fault. 


The slender fingers are slowly tidying my fringe again, what lies before me is Osborn's smiling face.



Osborn: But it feels pretty good to have someone worrying about me.


I glared at him angrily. Suddenly I remembered our first encounter that I recalled not long ago, the lonely youth back then who was covered in scars, probably indeed has nobody minding about him.


But from now on, it will definitely never be like this anymore.



Splash-- The sounds of water splashing is heard from somewhere, then what follows is the sounds of children playing.


The bright moon rose, brightening the glimmering river, with two children throwing the stones in their hands into the river.



Osborn: Wanna play stone skipping?


You: Actually I don't really know how to, I only played by the ditch when I was little. I used to kept thinking back then, that it'd be great if someone could teach me.



Osborn: What a coincidence. Hey, I'm good in stone skipping since I was young, but there wasn't anyone there for me to teach.


Looking into his bright eyes, I can't help but to smile.


You: If I was able to go out back then, then I could've played with you in the warehouse.


Osborn: It's not late to play with me now.


He held my hand and led me to the river. A patch in my heart became brighter and brighter, the gap between the skies and land have also seemed to become a lot more wider.


You: Osborn, how many skips can you hit the most?



Osborn: Seven times.


You: No way, so many?!


Osborn: Don't believe it? If you don't believe it we can make a bet. If I win, then you'll accompany me to play bumper cars that was owed last time.


You: What if you lose the bet?



Osborn: Then I'll accompany you to play bumper cars that was owed last time.


I laughed, so much that even my shoulders are trembling. As I laughed, the pebble accidentally fell off my hand.


With a thud, it scared off the of birds and fishes, and also scattered that pair of reflection on the waters.



On the other side of the city, a man in a khaki trench coat is wearing a mask as he hurried into a hidden room, the words of "Psychological Clinic" on the nameplate are clearly visible.



Jesse shuts off the lamps of the practice room, and is just about to shower off the stickiness over his body, and an email arrived his phone notification.


His brows gradually locked into a deep frown.


-- "If you wish to know the truth behind your father's murder 7 years ago, then come here."



Jesse: SILVERLION CASTLE.





Chapter 10-01 is now translated! Read here~
 
Alternatively, NIGHT END is translated here!


While waiting for the next part... feel free to check out other translations for Light and Night here!


If you'd like to support my translations, feel free to contact me for commissions or buy me a ko-fi here!


Until next update! :)

Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.