Kurosaki Ranmaru 5th Anniversary Interview

6/12/2016 06:04:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

Notes:
1. Do NOT take the translation as your own work. Credits must be given to this page and the translators. Else, you will be forced to take down your article. Please ask for permission from Admin Yamashina if you wish to translate to other languages.
2. There are TWO parts of interview: 1 Solo interview and another part is a 15 Questions interview. Both are separated with a border line.
3. Parts marked with asterisk * will have its notes. The notes are based on what we know from our gameplays of the UtaPri PSP games.
4. Enjoy, and feel free to tag your friends to read this! (Please also share while crediting our page instead of taking it as your own because our translations are considered as our intellectual material.)
Interview: Kurosaki Ranmaru (CV: Suzuki Tatsuhisa)
Translator:  Admin Yamashina

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
KUROSAKI RANMARU SOLO INTERVIEW
---- Greedily moving forward with the burning soul in his chest ----
Kurosaki Ranmaru who switched to being an idol from a band man. Has his own ism for being an idol.
"Even if you asked for something firmly you can only get a fraction of it. That is a basis of being a pro. From there I'll show who I am, and that's my way."
Q: Please tell us your feeling or memories when you first became an idol.
A:
I have never thought of being an idol at the first place, being (an idol) alone is also something that I have never thought of before. Because I started to play in bands when I reached Tokyo.* That old man Shining scouted me and I had completely zero interest at all. Well, I was thinking "Why me?" at that point of time too. "Since I could do things with my favorite music that wouldn't be bad," I thought. Somehow, I felt that way. Regardless I also realized that it wasn't a reluctant feeling so I went on with it. Even if it is my first time doing this, it was fulfilling. 
* Note: He came from Miyagi.

Q: Is that so... It shows so much of your personality even for your history of being an idol. 
A: Well I guess I stand out because I am not someone that is idol-like. That's why I received a lot comments on I have changed after being an idol. However, I see them as compliments. Maybe this isn't idol-like, maybe it's more of me being myself. Still, work is work. Once I've started, I wouldn't pull my hands off it. Whether I wanted to do something or not to do something it is all based on my feeling, not based on any biased thoughts. Even if you asked for something firmly you can only get a fraction of it. That is a basis of being a pro. From there I'll show who I am, and that's my way. Especially during recent days, there are a lot of work that I have never done before as an idol. I have a lot more to learn from there.

Q: What are the most memorable impression left to you in your recent work? 
A: An idol-like (impression) would be the work chocolate image character. I worked with Ai. In general the work requires idols to smile. Of course, I ended up doing it my way. Then there is another one with Masato on a comic dialogue. I don't know how on earth we got that job offer, but in the end it was still a great session. New challenges are not bad. You will know worlds that you never knew. That sounds impossible, but it isn't a matter of can or can't. If you give up even before you do it, It's completely over.

Q: How do you feed that hungry spirit of yours? 
A: Well, for my progress until today a lot has happened. If I give up I'll die somewhere. I can't live in a world with only beautiful things. Reality always have something for you. That might sound unbelievable, though. From there I start to think on what I should do, and make a selection on my own. The cycle repeats until today. Of course I don't always succeed. I failed a lot back then. But I didn't give up and kept moving forward. Even from now onwards I think the thought is important. I'll go on a path where I'll keep on moving forward.

Q: Now, please let us know your ambitions and future path that you have aimed for. 
A: It isn't something that I could completely decide. Until then, I will do things when I want to do them. I guess it doesn't matter if what I will do in the future differs from what I think I wanted to do in the past. It's not just about what I will do, but it is more important on what I want to do. I want to be honest to myself. If I lie to myself, I don't think I could do it with a right mind. Also, on top of anything else I don't want to do anything that would cause those who supported me to be sad. I can't disappoint the one that supports and understand me the most after all. I'll sing for their smiles.

Q: Finally, please leave a message to your fans that has been supporting you. 
A: It isn't like there is a difference from what I'd like to say, I think they understand me well and know what I'd want to tell them, since I've been saying this for so many times. However, I'll tell something important. That is, I have my own way of living. I can feel all of your burning hearts. For them, I'll show you my burning soul. So follow my lead.

============================================ 

15 Questions with Ranmaru!

Q1: Anything changed compared to your past self? 
A: I feel like I could live on. Before coming to Tokyo I had problems even when it comes to getting food. I guess the thing that changed is my sense of security in life.

Q2: What's your treasure? 
A: My bass. That instrument is my life. Without it I can't calm down. I am crazy for it to the extent where even if I am busy I'll touch it at least once a day.

Q3: How many hours do you sleep on average? 
A: I nap*, so I guess it's a pretty decent time. If I weren't doing anything I'd sleep right away. If I were to really sleep it'd be above 8 hours. 
*Note: Napping is his hobby.

Q4: If you have a pet, what is it? 
A: Cats. Living together with the cats is getting progressively better. Since they are also growing up it is kinda great that the time needed for labor* is reduced. 
* Note: By labor it means to feed and clean things up for the cats. Ranmaru has three cats in his apartment.

Q5: Which of your body part do you like the most? 
A: Hands. Compared to other guys my hands are pretty large. As a bassist, fingers are valuable. Since I use them often (for the bass) they are definitely my favorite part.

Q6: If there were a time machine, would you prefer to travel to the past or the future? 
A: The future. Even if I return to the past I can't change anything. I guess it's good enough to remember the past. Who knows, I might not even be going to the future as well.

Q7: IF you have a day to turn into anything, what would you turn yourself into? 
A: Don't have anything that I wanted to become. It's not that I wanted to be something, but I guess I could be a good chef. Though I only ate a little back then.

Q8: How do you spend your time waiting for somebody/ something? 
A: Nap. If I'm hungry I'll eat whatever that is in the catering. It is the worst feeling if you are on work and have an empty stomach. For both (nap and eating) are to prepare myself for the work.

Q9: If you are an animal, what would you be? 
A: Huh? What's with giving an example? I don't understand. Isn't anything great? As long as it's wild and rocking it's fine.

Q10: What is your own recent trend? 
A: Eating fruits. Especially bananas. Since you can carry it around, it's delicious and can fill your stomach. It's the best. It's also kind to the wallet that it helps a lot.

Q11: What's your favorite attraction in theme parks? 
A: I don't go there often so I don't know much about it. Isn't it just fine to go for whatever nice that comes into your eyes?

Q12: What is the item that you really wanted that would heal you? 
A: Delicious food. Isn't it the best feeling when you can eat your favorite food? When you are full, your heart calms down too.

Q13: Is there a place that you would like to go now? 
A: A place where there is nature would be great. The sea or the mountains, as long as there's a great view it's fine. It'd also be great to visit lands that I haven't visited yet.

Q14: What's work to you? 
A: A technique to live on. Because if one doesn't work they can't eat. But, there is something more important than that. If you don't have dreams life doesn't have a meaning.

Q15: What are fans to you? 
A: Those who understand me. They feel whatever that I do. They understand my joy and sadness. That kind of feeling.

Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.