Ittoki Otoya 5th Anniversary Interview

6/12/2016 06:18:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-



Notes:
1. Do NOT take the translation as your own work. Credits must be given to this page and the translators. Else, you will be forced to take down your article. Please ask for permission from Admin Yamashina if you wish to translate to other languages. 
2. There are TWO parts of interview: 1 Solo interview and another part is a 15 Questions interview (For the 11 idols). Both are separated with a border line. 
3. Parts marked with asterisk * will have its notes. The notes are based on what we know from our gameplays of the UtaPri PSP games. 
4. Enjoy, and feel free to tag your friends to read this! (Please also share while crediting our page instead of taking it as your own because our translations are considered as our intellectual material.)
Interview: Ittoki Otoya (CV: Terashima Takuma)
Translators: Otoya's Admin, Admin Yamashina

---------------------
ITTOKI OTOYA SOLO INTERVIEW

Q1: In your life up until now, what would be the turning point?
Otoya: I think it would be enrolling into the Saotome Academy as an idol. I've always loved music since a long time ago but after listening to Shinning Saotome's "Ai no yue ni"*, [lit: Doing smth. for love], I thought of becoming an idol! The teacher from middle school also recommended it and I sat for the exam. I think that the academy that the old man created for those who aiming to be an idol is the best. But, now that I recall it, I've always passed~. Thank goodness that there're the ability tests and the interview (laughs) Personally, I've grown up being separated from the people who're important to me. I grew up not knowing who my real parents are and the aunt who raised me died when I was little. It was really hard and even though I've cried a lot but I think that I should work hard for portion as well.
*Note: Saotome Shining was a popular singer before he opens Saotome Academy, he defeated Otori Raging's best-selling record before Raging retires with the song "Ai no yue ni".

Q2: How was the school life in the academy?
Otoya: When I remembered it, I was shocked to find a lot of amazing things. There're a lot of things that I've overcome. Rather than saying that there're continuous trials, even though I was so into that moment that I failed to notice it (laughs) but I think that I've made many friends since then. To be able to support each other, and to walk towards the same dream is the best feeling. I've grown a lot too and it's all thanks to the tough school life that it turned out this way. Either way, I don't think I'll become who I am now!

Q3: Now then, do you think that it's dreadful becoming an idol?
Otoya: Rather than a dreadful feeling, I think that there're probably more fun things instead. A lot has happened since training at the academy and debuting as an idol, I've thought about it in my own way. Like how do I wanna live from now on, there're times when I was troubled, you know. But of course, there's nothing other than singing to me and the feeling of wanting others to listen doesn't change. That's why, I think that even though there'll be difficult times, but I think that if there're people cheering for me, I'll be able to do my best!

Q4: On the contrary, what's the happiest thing in becoming an idol?
Otoya: There're so many that I can't choose one (laughs) but I feel blessed every time when I'm singing a new song. Of course, there's of course the solo songs, the songs that are sung multiple times too, everything! For my solo song, I think the person that has created it has made it special. I am happy that melodies that only that person could discover is reflected in the song where everyone sings!"

Q5: What kind of idol do you want to be from now on?
Otoya: I want to get more experience, to face other things on my own, and slowly understanding the things that I've not faced before. In the past, I've always prioritized the things I'm good at and the things that I like, recently, I thought that "perhaps I could challenge things that I'm not good at,". In that aspect, although, I think that there'll be things like failures, things that can't be done well, but I think that also includes that part of myself as well. I want to show different sides of myself!

Q6: In general, what would you like to challenge?
Otoya: Maybe songs that have a different image of me, or maybe a different role in dramas or something like that. If the people feel surprised when they see it, that would be great. Maybe they would also say something like "Woah, that's a surprise! But it fits (him) well!" Of course, I think that there'll also be strict comments. Because of that, I don't wanna stop accepting it!

Q7: Lastly, could you please leave a word for your future self?
Otoya: Etto, have you become a cool, good adult? Or perhaps, you haven't changed much? Whichever will it be, it's still me, before reaching there, so I don't think that I'll recklessly be everything, even in the future, I wanna shine brightly as an idol! I'll do my very best!

-------------------------------------------------------------

15 Q&A WITH ITTOKI OTOYA
Q1: If compared with the you in the past, what has changed?
Otoya: I think I might have calmed down just a bit! Now, I would think before I act. But, the feelings that are the most important thing to me would probably never change.

Q2: What is your treasure?
Otoya: I think it's definitely the guitar that I started with. And the soccer ball that I had since a long time ago too! I feel that the longer I've spent with them, the more precious they're to me.

Q3: What is the average amount of sleep?
Otoya: I guess it's probably about 7 hours? If there's a chance, I would want to sleep a bit more, but there are jobs after becoming an idol, so it's probably nighttime (if I could take the chance to sleep more).

Q4: What kind of pet to have?
Otoya: Even though it's not an animal, but I would want to buy a cactus! Although cacti are said to be plump, but I would observe the flower blooming and its growth daily.

Q5: What is the favourite part of your body?
Otoya: Probably my teeth. Because everyone praised me for it! Recently, I've been training my abs and I think I've got a good feeling about it. Though, there won't be many chances of seeing it (laughs)

Q6: If you were to board a time machine, which would you go to? The past or the future?
Otoya: That's so difficult! I wanna go to both! So is it bad that I can't choose? If I have to say either one, that'd probably be the future? I really wanna see the future!

Q7: If you can be anything for a day?
Otoya: I really wanna become a professional soccer player and play in a match! It's a world whereby victories and defeats mattered after all, it has an excitement that's different from being an idol, right?

Q8: What do you do most during your waiting time?
Otoya: I don't have anything in particular. I tend to do the things I wanna do to keep me relaxed. Sleep when I'm feeling sleepy, eat when I feel hungry, I'm just freely doing them.

Q9: What animal would you portray yourself as?
Otoya: A dog. I've been told that I'm similar to a dog in terms of its straightforwardness and its clinginess*. It's because I like to move my body too, so I'll be happy if I have a dog to walk with.

Q10: What is your own recent trend? 
Otoya: A little while ago, I've been riding a bike. Still ongoing with giant bikes! Eventually, I have a craving for a new bike so it's really hard to endure it*!
*Side note: 'it' refers to the temptations of getting a new bike.

Q11: What is your favourite ride in an amusement park?
Otoya: I like riding the rides that goes round and round! Like the coffee cup ride, I might go overboard if I spin it myself. It's fun to get dizzy too. (laughs)

Q12: What is the item that you really wanted that would heal you?
Otoya: When I'm feeling down, I would sing even when my heart's feeling heavy. It'll be best if I have a guitar! Then, I'll feel very happy!

Q13: What is the place that you want to visit the most?
Otoya: The places with nice sceneries! A place with loads of nature, with tasty food would be great~. Like the sea, the mountain, I wanna play a lot!

Q14: What is a job to you?
Otoya: In the midst of continuing a dream. I wanna become an idol, I wanna make my feelings of wanting to sing come true. From now on, I really wanna treasure it.

Q15: What do the fans mean to you?
Otoya: They're the existence that gives me power. Of course, I think I wanna give back more than receiving! 'I wanna make everyone smile,' that's what I always thought.

Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.