[Light and Night Event] Love Letter of the Seas and Islands: Prologue with Evan | 光与夜之恋:陆沉显示活动【屿海情书】:前置剧情

12/06/2021 08:26:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

 

Hi! If you're looking for the event date card, read here instead~



If you needed the audio:







As the people walk out from the cinema, the surroundings are already filled with evening colors.


The temperature has lowered by a lot, I tugged my jacket, and followed behind Evan.



Evan: Have you decided on what to eat later? 


You: Hmm... I wanted to eat something warm!


Evan walked in front of me, the sunlight pours onto his slender figure.


I stepped on his shadows as I followed his steps, the breeze brushing over my face brought a sliver of coldness.


Evan: Let's have casserole porridge then.


A warm hand crossed over my shoulder, and opened the car door.



I snuggled comfortably against the car seat as the car slowly drives away from the bustling crowd.


The car radio is switching its channels, with soothing melodies pouring out that brings out my sleepiness.



Evan: Take a rest if you're tired, I'll call you when we are at the restaurant.


While I'm half awake, a jacket gently fell on me, it's a familiar scent of absinthe.


As the steering wheel turns past the street corner, a brown and white kitten whimpered, and suddenly dashed out from the alley.


Evan quickly stepped onto the brakes, and the inertia made me move forward.


You: Phew--


My back crashed into the seat, a slight weightlessness made my originally empty stomach to feel a little uncomfortable.


I subconsciously grabbed onto Evan's wrist, he turned his palm and held onto mine, his fingertip caressing on the back of my palm in consolation.



Evan: Are you alright?


You: Yeah, I'm fine.


The kitten heard the sharp sound of honks, quickly bending its body and leaped away.


Documents scattered onto the mat, the narrow space is now messy.


I bent down to tidy them properly, and patted off the dust on the Kraft paper.


You: Can I put them at the backseat? But the order seemed to have messed up.


Evan: It's alright, they are all project proposals from a long time ago.


The A4 paper spread on the floor is gently covering a foreign novel. Its pages has probably been read many times, the corners of the pages are slightly curved up.


I picked it up, and a piece of thin paper slipped out from the slits, lightly fluttered in the air.


You: This is...



Evan: It's a ferry ticket.


I pinched onto the corner of the paper, the words "Guang Qi - Ritou*" is printed on the yellowing ticket.


*Made-up name for "Island of Separation".


You: Evan.


Evan: Hm?


You: I didn't expect you to have already checked in to a viral attraction this early!


I turned around and looked at him, Evan startled slightly, and followed by a chuckle.


Evan: Are there many people having vacations at Ritou?


You: Of course, it can be said that it's the backyard of Guang Qi city!


I opened my palm, the rays of sunlight poured its scattering lights over the traces of discoloring ink on the ticket.


You: Oh right, I've been wanting to ask earlier, you've already been to so many places, but why are you still keeping an old ferry ticket?


Evan kept silent for a moment, his index finger gently glides over the hoarse edges of the ferry ticket.



Evan: If I had to give it a meaning, this was my first time going to Ritou 14 years ago.


You: All alone?


Evan: Yeah. Back then, certain things happened.


Evan pressed onto the controller, the car windows slowly opened, a sliver of breeze entered the car, blowing onto his fringe.


Evan: Sometimes I would avoid the butler, or even avoiding Zhou Yan, simply boarding onto a bus, since wherever I go doesn't matter. That time, the bus drove for a very long time, and finally stopped at the northmost port. The sun was beautiful, and an island is not far away, floating on the sea's surface alone. I bought the last ferry ticket of the day, with nothing prepared, only with a book that I didn't manage to finish reading in my hand.


You: Is this the one?


I waved the novel in my hand at him, the book binding line is already a little loose.


Evan: Yeah. There were no speedboats back then, if you want to go to the island, you can only board the two-hour ferry. But I really enjoyed free times like this.


The evening colors are gradually deepening, and on a tall rack not far away, there are cars that are parking temporarily.


Evan slowed down his driving speed, fall leaves fluttering from the tall parasol trees by the roadside, letting out rustling sounds as they brushes past the car.


I spaced out as I stared at the ferry ticket, and Evan extended an arm to pinch my ear.


Evan: Why are you not talking?


You: It's a little unimaginable for you to board a bus then a ferry, to an island that was only a fishing village back then. How about now? Would you still go there?



Evan: Mm, but after I took over Warson, I have not been able to find time to do so.


Evan paused slightly, the voice that sounded again is as gentle as the evening rays.


Evan: Do you want to have a look together?


You: Can I?


I raised my head to meet Evan's slightly smiling eyes, and touched my nose bashfully.


Evan: If you are willing to, of course you can. It's just that my itinerary might be a little boring.


I shook my head, and placed the ticket back into the book, tidily placed it into the gloves box in front of the seat.


You: It's not like I'm going there for a holiday. It's just that... I kind of want to see the places you used to go in the past.


Evan turned the steering wheel, and slowly parked the car. He leaned closer, slender fingers unbuckled the safety belt on me.


Evan: Next weekend, then. The weather will be good next weekend.


Just when I was about to agree happily, my stomach hopelessly grumbled.


You: ......



Evan: Itineraries can be planned slowly, but right now, the most important thing is to have dinner first.


There are only colors of maple leaves remaining in the skies, Evan's smiling lips are just like the warmth scents of food, blowing the slightly cold night breeze away.




I'll translate the card in the next 7 days I don't know how things will turn out yet TT

Thank you for reading and feel free to check out other translations of Light and Night here!


Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.