Abusing Osaka Two Day Pass! (Part 1/2)

1/10/2017 03:03:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

In accordance to my post about how I've used my two-day Osaka pass  (read it here!), I also wanted to talk more about the details on what happened during my day. But before you continue reading, I wanted to remind you a few things for you to keep in mind:

1. For these two days, I traveled solo, though I did decide to meet my local friend on the second day but that didn't affect my itinerary.
2. For my itinerary, I do not suggest it for reference for these types of people:

  • Families with children (Places likes museums, shopping centers/streets might not be suitable)
    • For children that are on diapers, they are not allowed to enter into the waters of onsen 
    • Toddlers should be welcomed to opposite gender bathrooms WITH the company of the proper gender parent (E.g.: The mother can bring her toddler (son) into the female onsen, and the father can bring his toddler (daughter) into the male onsen (though unlikely if I were the father lololol) :D )
    • If you are bringing your children into the onsen, please make sure you watch them because running around could cause them to slip and it is very dangerous. 
    • I could recommend still using the pass for one day in Tempozan area, and the other day on anything that interests you and your family! :D
  • People with low stamina (Day 1 consists of LOTS of travelling by subway, and day 2 has quite an amount of walking around Shinsekai and Shitennouji areas.
  • People with difficulties in moving around (Moving from almost north to south of Osaka, PLUS tons of walking)
  • Groups of more than 2 person (since traveling in groups slows down the process and there are many time spent on photo-taking/ group shopping/ chit-chatting/ waiting, etc.) 
    • ^ Based on very bad past experience
    • Unless your group of people are extremely co-operative, then I actually don't see a problem

3. Most of the cost of my itinerary are covered by my Two-Day Osaka pass (once again, please refer here lol), the passes doesn't include meals (unless you enter restaurants that provides discounts towards the pass users)
4. For all facilities that the entry is covered by the Two-Day Osaka pass, you can only enter it once with the pass you are holding. You can enter again if and only if you have another unused pass or you pay for the entrance fees.
5. This is more personal, but please do not mind the order of images in this post since my phone's time settings screwed up for quite a bit (due to me attempting to change my time to and from my homeland but one of my apps screwed up lol) :'D


Two-Day Osaka Amazing Pass!


Anyway, here goes the super long post!

My day started with Naniwa no Yu. Naniwa no Yu is actually also a place for pachinko and slots, and from what I've heard, the place opens an onsen so that the parents could gamble and leave their children in the onsen. Additionally, besides providing onsen services, they also have tons of other services such as massaging and manicures.

Naniwa no Yu's onsen usually opens at 10am during the weekdays, but on weekends (Sat and Sun) they start at 8am. Since I live around Hanazonocho, my schedule (here) starts and ends with travelling toand from Hanazono. I switched from train to bus from Umeda station and since the Pokemon center in Osaka isn't opening until 10 so I've decided to drop by later after the onsen experience.

Outside of Naniwa no Yu


In Naniwa no Yu, there are different onsens separated by gender. Here, everyone has to go completely naked, not even swimsuits are allowed. It's actually my first time entering an onsen in Japan, and I was only entering onsen in Taiwan with swimsuits on, so I was feeling a little uncomfortable at the first place. However, the thought of "nobody here knows me, and I also know none of these people here, they have their boobs and I have mine so it doesn't matter" and I just went in right away.

I've heard reviews that it might be difficult to find, but to me it was pretty easy to find. I just entered the building and went right to the top floor via their elevator and I immediately knew where I am supposed to head to. :D

There are two lockers in Naniwa no Yu. The first one is for you to lock your shoes, and after taking off your shoes, you will be making a payment. If you have the Amazing Osaka pass, you will have to flash the pass and the staff will scan a barcode on it. The staff will also ask you if you have your own towel, and if you don't, you can rent one (which means you have to return it into a basket, not bringing them home) from the staff with some fee. So on that day, I actually brought a backpack instead of my usual handbags (yes, I brought 2 handbags to Japan) to bring my large towel lol

Also, before entering the onsen, please make sure that you have at least TWO 100 yen coins! If you don't, you can exchange it with the cashier before or during the payment time. One coin is for the shoe locker, and the other one is for your bag locker. The coins are refundable after you slot in the key on the spot so there's no worries about it.

Anyways, after the payment, you can enter the changing room, and there is where you can place your bags in the locker and get undressed. Basically, everyone shove their bags and clothes into the locker and there's where everyone are naked. You can also notice a corner where people could dry their hairs and if it's crowded you might have to queue for the hairdryer after coming out from the onsen.

Shoe locker key
Make sure to take both of your keys with you, along with your towel and perhaps also a comb. You can clean your hands and weigh yourself if you wanted to, and you can find yourself seeing rows of shower area where you can sit down and properly clean yourself before entering the onsen. There are shampoo, conditioner (they call it rinse in Japan) and shower gel provided. I don't recall the brand but they certainly don't dry my hair off like the ones I used when I was in Taiwan.

Since no photography or usage of phones are allowed once you entered the changing area, I can only describe the onsen area with words. In Naniwa no Yu, there are two main areas: Outdoor bath and indoor bath. In the indoor bath, there are mostly baths above 38 degree Celsius, but there's also this one that is only at 17 degree Celsius and I didn't enter the 17 degree one. The only time I used the 17 degree bath was actually to use a small bucket to take some of the onsen water to cool myself down after toasting myself in the sauna (the sauna was freaking 72 degree Celsius and if you find it hard to breathe in the sauna, get outside immediately or you might faint IDK).

The outdoor bath has a few spots that you can have your own space, especially the smaller-sized baths, which is very popular. Each place has different methods of treating your skin so you can give them all a try, or just find your favorite spot to relax. The indoor baths are more like Jacuzzi to me, but I'm sure that my parents would love the indoor baths better because the massaging effects are really nice for muscle aches or backaches. I use the computer a lot so the Jacuzzi are a blessing to my shoulders.

Since the time I was in Osaka is already entering the winter period, the weather is a little cold (but acceptable) so I was all (((o゚Д゚))。o(寒ィナァ…) when I stepped out and went ♡(⋈◍>◡<◍)。✧♡ upon entering the warm onsen. That's not the best part... The best part is after stepping out of the super warm outdoors onsen...

寒ぅ━{{{{ヾ(。*д*´)ノ゙}}}}━ぃぃ!!!

SUPER COLD.

So cold that I escaped my way to the indoors onsen. By the time I feel really relaxed and almost falling asleep, I realized that I might really need to leave the onsen or else I'll be sleeping in the onsen until midnight, so I went to the sauna for only a few minutes, then cooled myself down with the waters of 17 degree onsen, cleaned myself in the showers, then dry myself, dress up, and used the hair dryers to dry my hair off, and I moved on to the Museum of Housing and Living.

In the elevators, on the way up to the museum

I actually felt a little confused about going to the museum because its entrance is actually on the top. To be honest, I'm not much of a person that remembers a lot about history, but if you are coming to this place using the subway, it's pretty easy to find since upon leaving the subway station you should be able to see the building right away.

The museum area is pretty easy to go around, you start with the traditional areas, then move onto the modern areas. And also, if you have backpacks, you will be requested to leave your bags in the locker (refundable 100 yen). You can rent yukata and roam around this area for a fee of 500 yen, which is quite cheap imo. However, it's a Sunday and it's already very crowded, I didn't even bother to rent a yukata and looked around. Plus, I actually have a yukata in my house so I don't really think I'd need to rent one uwu

The Edo Area

In the Edo area, you can actually see different types of rooms and they are bringing it to as close to the buildings and functions in the Edo era. There are rooms that were used for public functions, or houses that you can see the cooking utilities and inner decorations. Also, there are also areas where you can play the traditional toys (or you might call them retro toys) too! I saw many kids trying it out. I had an experience playing with those during a students exchange program, so I had fun seeing kids playing with traditional toys.

Looks like a hall for ceremonies

Since the museum is actually inside of a building, there wasn't actually many things to see. I have more interest in the Edo area compared to the modern ones, so I didn't spend a lot of time looking around the modern era area.

Modernising

However, the interesting part of the modern area would be their miniature models! They would move and I had a short moment wondering how the mechanism works. I lost some photos, but there is also an area where they show the lightings of Tsutenkaku. Though I was going in without a guide, there's this gentleman who's seemingly a Japanese guide/ local who was standing beside me and asked me in Japanese whether I knew it is Tsutenkaku and I appreciate his kindness. Though I'm not very good in conversations, I didn't really know what else to say besides saying "yes, thank you for taking your time to explain it to me" T_T

They would move!

And that concludes my visit in the museum! A senior of my university suggested me to look around the famous shopping district, Tenjimbashi. I'm not really in the mood of shopping, but you can see many stores! McDonalds is also very close to the museum so if you wanted a quick snack you could head there (though the portions are smaller compared to probably any other countries lol). There are also Izakaya. There are also salons, takoyaki stores, a futon store, some dollar/ thrift stores. I also saw quite an amount of clinics, cafes and restaurants too.

Tenjimbashi

Since I was also reminded that there's a Pokemon center near Daimaru Umeda, I've decided to grab a snack from Lawson and headed to Osaka Ekimae station by bus.

Under Daimaru Umeda
 
The Pokemon Center here is located in the 13th floor of Daimaru Umeda. It's a lot smaller than I've imagined (probably because I didn't go to the ones in other prefectures, I can't really compare..) so I didn't spend a lot of time here besides looking at the cute plushies, I also didn't really have the mood to make any purchases. 

This Pikachu is probably around 2m of height, XXL sized, maybe? 

Upon entering the elevator of Daimaru and exiting at the 13th floor, everyone that came out were immediately welcomed by the staff. Though as you go around you'd hear the staff asking if you'd like to have a look at the plush and bring one home. Somehow, I'm not sure why, but hearing those comments makes me not want to bring them home instead lol


Anyways, it was also close to Christmas

Since I can't touch this, I guess I could take a photo of it and touch the photo later. lol

Simply joyfulness just by staring at them

Rowlet plush ahhhh

The ceiling

Right after leaving the Daimaru building (Oh, there's a food court above the Pokemon center too. Or was it below..? lol), it's time for me to date myself in Tempozan! After a series of transfers (refer here) I've finally arrived Osakako station, which is my gateway to Tempozan!


Hello from Osakako station

From the Osakako station, you'll need to walk for a bit to take a ride on the Tempozan Ferris wheel. Tempozan's Ferris Wheel is currently (as of the day I write this post) the one of the largest Ferris wheel in Asia!

This giant egg makes me wanted to eat again

I doubt anyone would be lost on their way to the Ferris wheel because it's such a huge landmark, but on your way there you'll find some Lego decorations and also seeing the kaiyuukan from afar. Not to mention that the USJ is also around this area that you could go there by bus (with a few transfers).

Look at that fabulous lashes and lips lol


It was kind of surprising that not many people were there at the time I was in Tempozan ferris wheel, but then again it isn't that surprising because I think it'd be more beautiful here if it's in the evening because the illuminations here would be beautiful. I only went up and just hopped into my ride right away. You can also choose between whether you would like to have the transparent bottom, or just the normal, non-transparent bottom.

The giant Ferris wheel



Though I think that the transparent bottom one would be an interesting experience, but I'd prefer to go on the transparent one with my friends to see how scared they would be, rather than just being in it alone. I went on the non-transparent one so that I could avoid any sorts of damage to my heart too lol 


Hello Santa Maria

From the Ferris wheel, you can look around the Tempozan area, and seeing your way to Kaiyuukan and if you boarded at the right timing, you can see the Santa Maria cruise too! The cruise departs every hour. :)


More views from the Tempozan Ferris wheel

Merry Christmas 2016 :D



Dem Ginko trees are everywhere in Japan

The ride was about 15 minutes. There were also audio in Japanese explaining where is what but I didn't really bother because all I wanted to do is to take my time taking photos and viewing things that I wanted to view. lol. 

Upon exiting the Ferris wheel, I walked my way to the Santa Maria cruise while passing by the Kaiyuukan. It was still about 25 minutes from boarding the Santa Maria Cruise (boarding begins about 10 minutes before the cruise departs) so I also snapped a couple of photos around the area and kept telling myself that I wanted to come back here someday in the evening with somebody that I love holding my arm lolol 


Arch of fishes

Merry Fishmas from Kaiyuukan

View of Tempozan Ferris Wheel from Kaiyuukan

My favorite animal - Whale Sharks

Which reminds me that there's also this cute kid, about 4 years old that came here with his mother. The kid was extremely amused by these whale shark balloons and wouldn't leave the spot. He just stood there even if the mother tried calling him. I find it so cute and I told the mother that her son is cute and she smiled a little. Though the mom started to go "bye bye" to her son and her son ran all the way into his mom's arms www (too cute ////) and waved bye bye over C:

And then I headed to the Santa Maria cruise right away.


Maybe if we re-decorate this ship we can be in One Piece.

There is no need to queue in the ticketing booth if you possess the Osaka Two Day Pass. You can just queue in the waiting area below the ticketing booth, and there is this crew member that is being kind and starting to help the tourists around the area because there were many tourists that are confused about the usage of the Osaka day pass too. There's another toddler from China that got super excited to get on the cruise and starting to run around and tripped, and the crew member was all worried. However, before he got to the toddler, the toddler got up on his own and continued running around and the crew member was showing "whoa this kid is amazing he doesn't even cry, maybe because he's from overseas" lol


I think it's my first time being on top of a cruise

The famous Minato bridge

Since I boarded the cruise early, I managed to get into the restaurant area and saw plenty of seats. "Since it is still early, I guess I could go around and come back later," I thought. And I went taking photos outside on different areas and headed back to the restaurant area and indeed, there are still seats left.




Since my table could actually fit four person, when there were this pair of Taiwanese couple asked if they could sit here, I was like of course! And we started conversing in Chinese. The couple is really cute that they'd debate over little things and we talked about our traveling experiences in Japan, as well as trash-talking about our own countries for about half an hour. They will be returning to Taiwan on the following day so they actually left the restaurant area earlier. I, however, find it troublesome to be in the queue while everyone's trying to exit, I went downstairs to snap some photos until everyone gets out from the cruise.


This is rather creepy tbh

I am utterly confused.

I really wanted to come back to this place at night T_T

Anyways, after leaving Santa Maria, I went to the Osaka Prefectural Government Sakishima Building Observatory. It's also very close to the Asia Trade Center (ATC) so I went there to look around but it rained on my way there /____________\; 


Hello can you see the New Tram

I almost thought it's a banana

The view is... rather unique in the rain

I was a little intimidated by this place tbh

Explanation about how this place can be safe from quakes

It feels like it's some RPG gathering area lol

Somewhere in ATC


Between the building to ATC

Momo and Yuki from IDOLiSH7 ahhhhhhhh

View of Tempozan Ferris Wheel (the red part) from Asashiobashi station, plus Osaka Pool


After leaving ATC, I headed back to Namba with even more transfers and praying that the rain would stop but the sky decides to throw all the NOPES to me so yes the rain never stopped. I boarded on the Tombori river cruise that has NO ROOFS. After exchanging for my ticket using my two-day pass, I waited for my time to board 6:30pm in Donquijote. I also met this really kind Korean dude that seems pretty fluent in Japanese because he has been asking me if I'm okay because I looked really busy while having to carry a pretty large backpack and also holding an umbrella AND a planner. We didn't talk a lot because he was texting and texting back to Korea until we boarded the Tombori river cruise. View it here


Guess who's gonna YOLO in the rain

Glicoman! 

Anyways, the river cruise was fun and right after the cruise, I went to Nagai Botanical Park because  saw the advertisements in the trains for days and days. If you are dropping by in the morning, the visiting fares are included in the pass, but if you are going there for the night-viewing, then the fee is not included and it's 500 yen. For the first IDK how many visitors, you also receive a calendar for the year 2017. Small and beautiful! I had it on my work desk. :D


Smol ticket from ticketing machine 

I think that it is a bad choice to come to this park alone, though. You'l see couples everywhere. However, it wasn't too bad for me since it rained (blessing from the skies) so there weren't much people here despite being a Sunday.


I want a mansion that welcomes me this way in the future lol

Lotus pond where there were nothing that blooms

So pretty ///

it feels a little like a circus

View from the rainbow-colored bridge

Dolphinssss

View from the bridge too

Single bell, single bell, single all the way

It was so awkward when there's a staff standing on the other end of this path

Hello, Jumin Han photography

Indoors botanical park

Upon leaving Nagai botanical park, I went to Spa Suminoe and went home to end my day. It's super tiring so the onsen helped to relax my muscles a lot. 

Spa Suminoe is near Suminoekoen station with just a little walk. You'll find yourself in an area of buildings and you can also see the namco arcade opposite of Spa Suminoe. It also has a place for people who play golf!

Spa suminoe has a larger scale of onsen in my opinion, and I really would love to stay there until 2am but I'd miss the last train if I don't leave before 11:40 pm lol. There are Jacuzzis and outdoor spa, but I would really recommend the outdoor spa! It's very relaxing and the themes changes based on different months, from what I've understood. It's also a gender-separated bath and there are some tourists around too. You could choose to lie down or soak in the single bath yourself as well! I am not a huge fan of sauna and I feel a little uncomfortable with the heat, so I didn't really bother to enter the sauna at all. 

After cleaning and feeling relaxed enough, with the pressure from the last train's time, I rushed my way back to my cozy room. :D

So there ends my first day!

Hopefully my next post would come up soon. Until next time! ☆

Translates on an irregular basis, works on short bursts of energy, suffering in muscle spasms. Travelled from north to south of Japan but would go back again and again. Also a polyglot.